• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

ru3ghB2.png

Also mentions an undisclosed game by miHoyo, and a new Borderland game

OWl0HPN.png

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. We know San Andreas is getting a VR treatment, but this could be something completely new, unless they've added some stuff.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The bottom list saying principle vs lead vs supporting makes me think it's a typo not the role..

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
I'm confused. The VR role and the Rockstar roles seem to be separate things entirely?

Edit:Oh, now I see. Never mind.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
At this rate I wouldn't but it past R* or Sony to make GTA V in VR happen. Just headset support alone like GT7/Village would go a long way.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that since they included the Elton John retirement video, the VR could just mean they did a voice over or modeling for an upcoming VR commercial for a Rockstar game

Which would be a very tongue in cheek way for Rockstar to tease/advertise something.

pjl93

Jun 2, 2020
NJ
Jason? I assume was name of character in leak? I hope we are getting girl protagonist
i don't think this is is related to gta 6 but we getting a female protagonist as well i would post a picture but i don't know what the rules are here regarding those leaks and take two cracks down hard on them but they are still readily available if your curious her name is lucia

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony actually had the foresight to collaborate with Rockstar on a GTA VR experience, it will be one of the most significant gateways for the mainstream into VR in the tech's history.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
It's incredibly strange that it's listed as though it's a VR exclusive title. And not just that but a brand new game as well. If that really is the case, then I imagine it'd be a smaller scale game that lends itself to motion controls, like Manhunt or something.

I think it's important to note Rockstar has always shown interest in VR. L.A. Noire VR hit the market relatively quickly compared to other AAA games, and they've had a studio in Australia working on VR stuff for years now.

Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
GTA V totally possible, I imagine its takes a lot of time to make the world more interactive, not just barebones VR where you drive and shoot, they would probably want you to be able to pick up stuff

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
I think it's important to note Rockstar has always shown interest in VR. L.A. Noire VR hit the market relatively quickly compared to other AAA games, and they've had a studio in Australia working on VR stuff for years now.
This was my first thought as well. Video Game Deluxe, who worked on LA Noire VR Case Files, is confirmed to be working on an open-world game VR game for Rockstar. Maybe this is that game.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate I wouldn't but it past R* or Sony to make GTA V in VR happen. Just headset support alone like GT7/Village would go a long way.
I'm really shocked it hasn't happened yet on any VR system. Given how San Andreas went, I'm assuming someone got a deal for it. Sony would make hte most sense and it would explain why GTAV VR hasn't happened yet, if they were waiting for PSVR2.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
This was my first thought as well. Video Game Deluxe, who worked on LA Noire VR Case Files, is confirmed to be working on an open-world game VR game for Rockstar. Maybe this is that game.

Video Game Deluxe is working on San Andreas VR, which is a Quest exclusive. However, that project has been a no show since its original announcement almost two years ago:

www.ign.com

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas VR Announced for Oculus Quest 2 - IGN

Rockstar and Facebook are bring Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas to VR and Oculus Quest 2.

Considering Meta recently had a gaming showcase with this not showing there it may be vapor ware at this point.

My money is on this being a separate project, maybe GTA V in VR for PS VR2. I'm a bit skeptical GTA VI will have VR day one, that will likely be quite a leap over even RDR 2 and require a lot more overhead to pull off in VR.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
It was rumored that Rockstar was working on another VR game a few years back but nothing has been said since. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
VR Table Tennis would legit be fun and is a more limited setting for them to (once again) test out their engine.

That said, I'm a bit distracted by the Borderlands thing now. Hope we find out about a new game soon, assuming this isn't Tales.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I misread the title and didn't see the "VR" part and then saw the project was categorized as VR and disappointed myself. I truly played myself on this one.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It could be for something that was cancelled. We know VAs sometimes do work for projects that are never released.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Im going to assume it's GTA SA VR but the resume might not be updated. I'm not sure if the game ever sees the light of day.