• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Does this mean that full crossplay will be available on the same day? It's also the release date of the optimized version of MCC for XSX/XSS.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Damn i was just thinking about it yesterday whether I should start the collection or wait until 4 drops. This weekend is Halo time i guess!

TameLucas

May 30, 2019
Montreal
4qO3AnH.png

I'll never be able to see this trailer again after that post they made on Instagram. COMPLETELY ERECT.

-

This is great news! Time to play it again

Dec 20, 2017
Excellent campaign, a few bits aside this is great, the multiplayer is fun enough also. Will probably just play through 4 again before infinite comes out and pass on 5.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Darn, I was hoping for this to release on PC last week so I can play Halo 5 on the Series X day 1, but it looks like I'll be playing Halo 4 on the X first. Anyone know if I can just download Halo 4 on the Xbox? Or is it like PC where I have to install >100GB of the MCC?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Darn, I was hoping for this to release on PC last week so I can play Halo 5 on the Series X day 1, but it looks like I'll be playing Halo 4 on the X first. Anyone know if I can just download Halo 4 on the Xbox? Or is it like PC where I have to install >100GB of the MCC?

You can pick and choose the SP and MP of each game.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA

Akai

Oct 25, 2017

On both PC and Xbox, you can fully customize your install and don't need to install any SP/MP, if you don't want it. Everything is optional.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
You can pick and choose the SP and MP of each game.
On both PC and Xbox, you can fully customize your install and don't need to install any SP/MP, if you don't want it. Everything is optional.

I've never had such luck on PC, anytime I uninstall one portion of the game it refuses to launch next boot so I have had to have every games SP and MP installed all the time.

Even when I uninstall everything and just select 1 game to download it downloads EVERYTHING. Pretty annoying, but hopefully it's an easier experiance on console. And if not I'll just wait for the PC version I guess.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 on Steam next please. 🤞

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Oh man. Oh man oh man. I loved Halo 4s campaign so I can't wait to play it again on PC. The dream of all the Halo Games being on PC is finally almost here. Not only that... But with Cross Play and Mobile support too.

Only one game remains now. Come on 343i, port and release Halo 5! You know you want to.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Go back to sleep John.

Just kidding. Campaign soured hard and fast for me. Dont find it much fun to replay.

I actually thought the casual multiplayer was really chaotic unbalanced fun. Calling down Railguns and most slayer matches dissolving into these hilarious corridor of death pile ups. Was good fun.

Oct 25, 2019
Can't wait to see how good this looks and feels to play on PC - hopefully they fixed the sound balance/mixing as the amazing score doesn't come across as strong as it should in the campaign.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
4qO3AnH.png

I'll never be able to see this trailer again after that post they made on Instagram. COMPLETELY ERECT.

-

This is great news! Time to play it again
Didn't make fun of the Chief. The man has been cryogenically frozen in his armour for years. You try waking up from that without some stiffness.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Update is on Steam now. ~21 GBs. Don't forget to select DLC H4 Campaign/Multiplayer in properties so you don't have to download it in game.

Last edited:

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
They have come out and specifically stated H5 is not coming to MCC. But just "not coming to MCC".

I find it so bizarre that they have this collection they've added every existing Halo game to... EXCEPT Halo 5. It's not even like it's "all the Bungie Halo games" any more, with Halo 4 being added.

It's be like putting out a box set of a TV show, and just leaving out the final season.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Now everyone will understand why Prometheans are bad, and I'm not talking about being evil.
But seriously, how is the matchmaking on Steam? I had difficulty finding people to play co-op on Windows Store (South America here). I would dive in if I have some friends to play together

NICE

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Crossplay doesn't include the campaings apparently. Disappointing.

Last edited: