• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It was good but

Why leave a series finale on multiple cliffhangers? Also the Vision scenes stole the show again

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome finale

Glad the Canadian servers work well :p

She totally copied Thanos' retirement plan lol

Where did White Vision go? Did he destroy himself or just peace out to think about stuff?

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Finale felt overstuffed and rushed. Monica as a character was really undeserved down the stretch of the season and basically could have been left out completely. Her being around the action just observing felt awkward and her discovering her powers felt stilted and under-cooked.

I did still love basically everything involving Vision and Wanda though. They are some of my favorite MCU characters now.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Nah, don't do this. It's silly.

Nope. My own prediction from a few days ago:

Pre-Finale Prediction Survey:
  • Is there another unrevealed antagonist?
    No.
  • Does 'our' Vision exist at the end?
    No.
  • Do the kids exist at the end?
    Yes.
  • What happens to Hayward?
    Nothing / killed by accident by White Vision.
  • What happens to Agatha?
    Stopped by Wanda. Escapes/lives.
  • What happens to Fietro?
    Returns to whatever/where-ever he was.
  • What happens to White Vision?
    Survives, but free of Hayward. No emotions, doesn't merge with Hex Vision.
  • Who is Fietro?
    Actually Pietro from X-Men. Wanda brought him over, but Agatha controlled him.
  • Does Doctor Strange Appear?
    For 10 seconds, Wanda reaches out to him, or is handed over to him for safety.

I'm happy with what I got.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vision and the kids basically still being out there under cuts the whole "let go" message a tad. I know, "what do you expect" etc but it still stuck out.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Evan peters was put in the show...

All for a joke

For a boner joke....

Whew

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Awesome! The TV shows are designed to bridge the gap to the new status quo, of course there are unanswered questions. This was great.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think given the expectations they did well with what they made. i felt slightly dissapointed but i think i am okay with what they set up for the future.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhat sets us up for the next MCU movie that I wasn't expecting instead of the obvious.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
That doesn't meant you get to decide that other people are wrong for being disappointed.

Given the sheer insanity of this thread, and fact the script writers have said at least three times in interviews in the last week that people may be disappointed and that they should temper expectations, I don't know what people expected honestly.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Also, was that one Skrull Talos' daughter grown up? I know she's sending Monica to meet with Fury, but still.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I know takes are hot but I'm going to say that felt satisfyingly complete and heartwarming to the bitter end. Also there's two post credits scenes.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Im confused as to what actually happened with Agatha. Is she trapped inside her own mind now completely separate from westview? At first I thought she was going to leave the hex around her house and agathas house, but now its all completely gone.

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
ngl, was kinda hoping dr strange would show up and offer to mentor her in the ways of the magic. =/

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Worst episode of the series by far but I somewhat enjoyed it so can't complain too much. Just felt too overstuffed and rushed. CGI was pretty rough too but can't blame them that much for that considering I think the final episode was only filmed back in October.

Overall I think this is still my favorite thing the MCU has done. Just wish it could have stuck the landing better

Evan peters was put in the show...

All for a joke

For a boner joke....

Whew
That was pretty damn disappointing. Not gonna lie :/

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So the ending of the show has Wanda accepting reality and deciding to learn the extent of her powers, and now that after credits scene is "well, MAYYYYBEEEE my kids are in the multiverse somewhere or something. The Darkhold could probably help me find them."

Way to learn your lesson, dude.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, there was a post buried somewhere in this thread that explained a conversation about the casting decision just being a big joke. Aged like a fine wine.

Also damn what she did to Agatha was fucked up.

Wallace Wells

May 24, 2019
Lmao r/MarvelStudioSpoilers are having an utter meltdown because some 'insider' who got some stuff right like stuff that Darcy said to vision and a few other script pages told them that Quicksilver was from the Foxverse and that nightmare was gonna be in the finale

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The episode definitely felt very, very rushed, which is frustrating. I don't know if it's the editing or the script or what, but I felt like something was missing.

Also really not a fan that the Evan Peters thing was LITERALLY just a stunt cast gag and had no real impact on the narrative.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. What an emotional roller coaster. Hot damn...Great ending to what the show was all about. Couldn't have asked for more. Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany were absolutely wonderful (together).

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of awesome to see an all out Vision fight. I feel like he's always been nerfed or has held back most of the time. Now he went full Superman.

Wanda was also really bad ass here. Looking forward to see what he does in MoM.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I knew there were going to be some tears in this episode. But I was a mess from the Scarlet Witch costume all the way til she parted ways with her mind-family. That new costume is amazing btw.

10/10 episode for a 10/10 show, as a Marvel nerd. Also Paul Bettany is still in the MCU BABY WOO!

People will be so angry at this show though from all the wild theory hype. Even so, we already know Mephisto is at least alluded to in Loki. You don't just waste a Mephisto reveal on an opening act.

Also whatever happened to Mr. Hart? He's only in episode 1, and is never seen again.

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
What a phenomenal ending. They had me ugly crying towards the end there. The wait for Multiverse of Madness will hurt. Give me back the twins Feige.