Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand

In his quest to rewrite the history of the 2016 election, President Trump's personal attorney has turned to an unusual source of information: Trump's imprisoned former campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
Rudolph W. Giuliani in recent months has consulted several times with Manafort through the federal prisoner's lawyer in pursuit of information that would bolster his theory that the real story of 2016 is not Russian interference to elect Trump, but Ukrainian efforts to support Hillary Clinton.

The alliance, which Giuliani acknowledged in an interview this week with The Washington Post, stems from a shared interest in a narrative that undermines the rationale for the special counsel investigation. That inquiry led to Manafort's imprisonment on tax and financial fraud allegations related to his work in Kiev for the political party of former president Viktor Yanukovych.

Giuliani said his consultation with Manafort centered on trying to ascertain the veracity of a secret black ledger obtained by Ukraine's National Anti-Corruption Bureau, which the New York Times revealed in an August 2016 story. The Times said the ledger recorded $12.7 million in cash payments from Yanukovych's political party to Manafort. The revelation led Manafort to resign from the campaign.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, what's the thing they do to an attorney beyond disbarment? Do we just skip right to firing them out of a cannon? Into the sun?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
"This guy was thrown into jail for being a deceitful piece of shit that sold out his country for personal gain! This is exactly the type of person we need to ask for advice!"

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
rudy: sir, we need to do some Crimes... Illegal Crimes

trump: who do we have that can help us do THAT many illegal crimes? foreign illegal crimes

*beat*

CUT TO PRISON VISITING ROOM (int)

manafort: well well well

stew

Dec 2, 2017
I wonder what Manafort was offered in exchange...
I guess he's still waiting for this pardon that will never happen.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Just when you thought there were crimes that Paul Manafort wasn't doing...

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, it's like a bad twist.

"There's no way it's him. They wrote him out last season, and his actor said he's working on a movie. He can't be invol- HOLY SHIT HE IS!"

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No joke, this whole thing is Rudy trying to be Chris Steele and compile a 'dossier' that would launch an investigation into Biden. His whole 'i am the real hero!' plan got blown the fuck out with this IG move that everyone says is a nothing-burger but actually isnt.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
No joke, this whole thing is Rudy trying to be Chris Steele and compile a 'dossier' that would launch an investigation into Biden. His whole 'i am the real hero!' plan got blown the fuck out with this IG move that everyone says is a nothing-burger but actually isnt.
Which is really hilarious they're getting high off their own shit since the dossier didn't launch the investigation in the first place.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Man, Season 3 of Trumping America is officially just as nuts as the first two seasons.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
The writers are getting lazy with this soap opera gotcha shit. Recycling old characters.

Wish they'd come up with something new and more believable.
But now that they linked Giuliani back to Manafort, it dovetails nicely with the intrigue from Season 2 (and 1, of course).

It gives me hope that the writers have a plan for where this is going, and that the tumbling of the house of cards is going to be epic.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
But now that they linked Giuliani back to Manafort, it dovetails nicely with the intrigue from Season 2 (and 1, of course).

It gives me hope that the writers have a plan for where this is going, and that the tumbling of the house of cards is going to be epic.

But we're honestly supposed to believe that manafort.. who is in prison for crimes.. is going to willingly commit more crimes from inside the prison?

At some point you just can't suspend disbelief anymore.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what Manafort was offered in exchange...
I guess he's still waiting for this pardon that will never happen.

They want to create a fake story that Mueller and the entire intelligence community was wrong about 2016, that it was Ukraine that hacked the democrat and so they can pardon everyone that was punished by the wrongful Mueller investigation, blame it on the democrats, attached Biden to the conspiracy and lift sanctions on Russia. These people are criminals of the highest order but also really stupid.

Deleted member 41502

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 28, 2018
rudy: sir, we need to do some Crimes... Illegal Crimes

trump: who do we have that can help us do THAT many illegal crimes? foreign illegal crimes

*beat*

CUT TO PRISON VISITING ROOM (int)

manafort: well well well
Lol. I've been dreaming someone will make a movie with every crazy Republican conspiracy theory thrown in it. Benghazi coverup. Hillary and russia/Ukraine collusion. Uranium one. Deep state. I just want to see it all laid out in one incoherent mess.

But this leftist one sounds kinda exciting too. "Sir, we need to commit some crimes".

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Reposting this from poliera for those who are interested in some more info on this:

From a week ago:
The effort by President Trump to pressure the government of Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son had its origins in an earlier endeavor to obtain information that might provide a pretext and political cover for the president to pardon his former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, according to previously undisclosed records.

These records indicate that attorneys representing Trump and Manafort respectively had at least nine conversations relating to this effort, beginning in the early days of the Trump administration, and lasting until as recently as May of this year. Through these deliberations carried on by his attorneys, Manafort exhorted the White House to press Ukrainian officials to investigate and discredit individuals, both in the US and in Ukraine, who he believed had published damning information about his political consulting work in the Ukraine. A person who participated in the joint defense agreement between President Trump and others under investigation by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, including Manafort, allowed me to review extensive handwritten notes that memorialized conversations relating to Manafort and Ukraine between Manafort's and Trump's legal teams, including Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani.

These new disclosures emerge as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday that the House would open a formal impeachment inquiry into President Trump's conduct. What prompted her actions were the new allegations that surfaced last week that Trump had pressured Ukraine's newly elected president, Volodymyr Zelensky, to investigate Trump's potential 2020 campaign rival, Biden, and his son Hunter, placing a freeze on a quarter of a billion dollars in military assistance to Ukraine as leverage. The impeachment inquiry will also examine whether President Trump obstructed justice by attempting to curtail investigations by the FBI and the special counsel into Russia's covert interference in the 2016 presidential election in Trump's favor.

New information in this story suggests that these two, seemingly unrelated scandals, in which the House will judge whether the president's conduct in each case constituted extra-legal and extra-constitutional abuses of presidential power, are in fact inextricably linked: the Ukrainian initiative appears to have begun in service of formulating a rationale by which the president could pardon Manafort, as part of an effort to undermine the special counsel's investigation.
Harry Littman, a former United States Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania, noted at the time in The Washington Post that "the open pipeline between cooperator Manafort and suspect Trump may have been not only extraordinary but also criminal"—potentially qualifying as crimes of obstruction and witness-tampering on both sides. Littman explained:

On Manafort's and [his defense attorney's] end, there is a circumstantial case for obstruction of justice. What purpose other than an attempt to "influence, obstruct, or impede" the investigation of the president can be discerned from Manafort's service as a double agent? And on the Trump side, the communications emit a strong scent of illegal witness tampering (and possibly obstruction as well).
Littman also pointed out that Mueller had the right to compel attorneys for both the president and Manafort to testify about their discussions as part of an inquiry into whether they or their clients had obstructed justice. But Littman noted that "political considerations" might "possibly intercede." Trump and his allies would criticize Mueller for overreach, he considered, and the then Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker might not permit Mueller to serve subpoenas.

In the end, Mueller did not follow up. Nor have Democrats in the House, who had a similar legitimate right to independently investigate the matter. If they had, they would have discovered that as late as May of this year, Giuliani was in touch with Manafort's attorneys to discuss how they could keep pushing the "Ukrainian collusion" narrative, as the records shown me demonstrate. In the absence of any branch of government holding them accountable, Trump and Giuliani faced no sanction for doing so. They had good reason, after all, to believe they were invincible.

This is why I've been pretty confident that the scope of this impeachment will not stay limited to the contents of the 7-25 call. We are going to be hitting some of Mueller's greatest hits, especially once the House starts picking up on the threads he left dangling in regards to Ukraine and Trump's blatant extortion and bribery with them that even helped railroad the SC investigation.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Democrats and the Deep State predicted that Manafort would join the Trump campaign so they preemptively fabricated evidence, that then wasn't used at trial, to take down Manafort and somehow throw the election? Riiiiiiight.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Is this where I remind everyone that Manafort picked Pence for VP?

The entire story behind that is wild. Manafort pulled some nonsensejust to get him and Trump in the same room so Trump would consider him. There's "I think this guy is good so give him a shot" and then there's Manafort's bullshit with the plane.

And given Pence's ties with traitor Michael Flynn, it's obvious that Pence is beyond compromised.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is how Rudy creates a VERY OFFICIAL LOOKING packet that is sent to the State Department which is then used to justify firing the Ambassador to Ukraine. The interior pages are stapled at the side like a sixth grade book report and consist largely of online conspiracy theories, and include unauthorized White House seals.

aY9WaIb.jpg

Ruth is Pompeo's secretary FYI.

I'm assuming Nunes wasn't available to create this bizarre thing.

The Inspector General had to be smirking when he handed this over.

BTW Pompeo likely still thinks he's got a shot at being POTUS.