• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Pass. If we're going to piss away 4 years of progress because of the previous candidate not being progressive enough, we can do better. You can put Biden on this list too.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't seen any proof candidates like Warren or Bernie can do better, if they can't get past the primaries how are supposed to be strong enough to beat Trump? Bernie had a his shot and failed , why would it be any different this time? Kamala seems to be becoming a stronger candidate than Hillary was.

edit: Booker will be an intriguing candidate against Bernie. He may not win the nomination but I'd like to see how they both fare against each other on the same playing field.

I'd rather Warren than Bernie, though both have their baggage. However, in terms of policy, they are the farthest left of the current candidates, which is important - if they could pull someone like Harris farther left, for example, it'd be a win-win situation. Booker doesn't seem like the type to budge in that regard. Not saying Harris does either, but I'm remaining hopeful.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think any NY or NJ politician is going to have an easy time in a Democratic presidential primary with an ascendant left. Especially one who has openly embraced Wall Street and big pharma to the degree that Booker has. He has a tough road ahead.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Dude is in a Polynesian Folk band with Orrin Hatch called Across The Isle. Can't be trusted.

booker-hatch.jpg
Wait what

Edit: oh it's a Parks and Recreation bit

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know much about Booker but I do fear that there are going to be so many candidates opposing trump that no one will gather enough momentum to beat him.

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
Lol. Alright Cory. Pretty sure the center of the party has already chosen Kamala, so you're just spinning your wheels.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I'd rather Warren than Bernie, though both have their baggage. However, in terms of policy, they are the farthest left of the current candidates, which is important - if they could pull someone like Harris farther left, for example, it'd be a win-win situation. Booker doesn't seem like the type to budge in that regard. Not saying Harris does either, but I'm remaining hopeful.

Why Warren over Bernie?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Is he still a charter school advocate?
Most liberals these days are if you look at the funding they're getting.

Booker not being married hurts him sadly. And I'm not talking about his sexuality--that's his business.

But Presidential hopeful spouses help humanize a candidate like it or not. And to play a big part in their campaigns and Cory is limited here.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Lol. Alright Cory. Pretty sure the center of the party has already chosen Kamala, so you're just spinning your wheels.

That's....not how primary season works. Sure- you're correct at this very moment, but it's only February 1st. More candidates will jump in. People will rise and fall quickly. Mistakes will be made. Feet will be inserted into mouths. We just barely getting started on this thing...

Ripcord

Oct 30, 2017
LOL. wat. It's still very early.
Uh huh. We agree it's early.

Latvian Hitman said:
That's....not how primary season works. Sure- you're correct at this very moment, but it's only February 1st. More candidates will jump in. People will rise and fall quickly. Mistakes will be made. Feet will be inserted into mouths. We just barely getting started on this thing...
I prefer your optimism to my cynicism.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think I'd find a candidate I liked less than Biden or Kamala "the cop" Harris, but here we are. Booker comes across as disingenuous and has way too many connections with wall street and big pharma.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Shitty on education but decent on everything else, he's probably tied with Kamala for me but still behind Gillibrand and Warren.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm just dropping in to say his campaign logo / branding is embarrassingly bad.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Not surprising: Cory Booker running for President.

Surprising: The names I'm seeing on Twitter being drafted for his campaign.

I don't see him winning, but he's going to be formidable.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
A decade ago, I would have been thrilled to see him run. Now? Nah, pass. Gillibrand, Harris, or Warren will get my primary vote.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
What's wrong with charter schools?

At least in Philadelphia they spike the budget like crazy, which is bankrupting the district. Moody's called out the charter situation here as the primary cause for the district being insolvent.

In addition, research showed there was no tangible increase in the quality of education- charters WERE concentrating wealthy and mostly white city kids in their buildings and weeding out "problem" students for the public schools to deal with. Adjusting for that, there was no benefit.

They are not a positive here at all.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's wrong with charter schools?
they're anti-union, they're designed to funnel money from public schools into private businesses, they don't serve kids with special needs or disabilities well so those get dumped back into public schools that are slowly being bled dry, they're not transparent or publicly accountable, and their biggest backers are hard-right ghouls like the devos and koch families

among other things

Retromelon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Trolling, disingenuous posting. History of similar behavior.
If you support Kamala Harris you disgust me and I would rather have trump than her

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Here we go. "I don't like him for _____"

Don't do this, come on. Booker has a lot of problem areas, chiefly his corporate ties and stances on education. Corey is notorious for being big on corporate issues, but almost always backing big money everywhere else. We don't just need social reform, we also need economic changes, one without the other is ineffective.

If you support Kamala Harris you disgust me and I would rather have trump than her

This is ridiculous. She has bad stances on law enforcement and prison reform, yes. Having Trump over Harris though? What?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
they're anti-union, they're designed to funnel money from public schools into private businesses, they don't serve kids with special needs or disabilities well so those get dumped back into public schools that are slowly being bled dry, they're not transparent or publicly accountable, and their biggest backers are hard-right ghouls like the devos and koch families

among other things

Also these things

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Hard pass. His "nay" vote with the blue dogs on the reserve fund for lowering prescription drugs combined with the fuckton of money he takes from Big Pharma (more than any other democrat) and then tweeting about how to never stay silent just so that others can remain comfortable...says it all, he's a poser who puts on a show for media but cannot help his true nature when it all comes down.

The Pharma money and voting makes perfect sense as he is a NJ Senator. NJ is still the Pharma/biotech capital of the US.

Even if she is guilty of imprisoning innocent people so is Trump. So not sure I follow the logic.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think its great that he's running.

Not my first choice, but a primary with a lot of decent options is always a good thing.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Supporting Trump disgusts me. How's that.

He imprisoned babies. The man is callous and evil. Nothing Harris has done has even come close. He wants no less than to destroy this Democracy. He is the most dangerous person ever to hold power in this country.

Retromelon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Supporting Trump disgusts me. How's that.

He imprisoned babies. The man is callous and evil. Nothing Harris has done has even come close. He wants no less than to destroy this Democracy. He is the most dangerous person ever to hold power in this country.
Obama ordered drone strikes that killed children if we're gonna play that game

I'm sure you're very upset with him. Come back king! We miss you

Status
Not open for further replies.