SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
The multiplayer beta for Warcraft III: Reforged begins this week* with limited access to the orc and human races within 1v1 and 2v2 matchmaking. The undead and night elf races, and more game modes will be added in the weeks ahead.

Invitations to the multiplayer beta will be sent out over the coming weeks. Initial invitations will go out in waves to those who have pre-purchased the Spoils of War edition of the game and subsequent waves of invitations will go to additional players, such as those who have pre-purchased the standard edition of Warcraft III: Reforged.

Spoils of War Edition
SBuTUoW.jpg

Warcraft III: Reforged Skins–Champion of the Horde Thrall, Emerald Nightmare Cenarius, Fallen King Arthas, Daughter of the Seas Proudmoore

pCdLNox.gif

Overwatch
Player Icons:

Human, Orc, Undead, Night Elf and Lich King
Animated Sprays:
Footman, Grunt, Ghoul, and Archer

Bbxhncp.jpg

Diablo III: Mal'ganis pet

bf7d1IM.jpg

StarCraft II Console Skins

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck, I just realized it's only a multiplayer beta. I was hyped to actually see some campaign stuff.
I have the Spoils edition preordered, so hopefully get in anyway within the next 12h.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell from streams -- is the music remade (re-recorded, etc.) or remastered (just cleaned up/uncompressed versions of the original tracks)?

Oct 25, 2017
The OP omitted the best cosmetic bonus of the lot: the SC1 console skin.

Q9DLK3GG897V1571781402289.jpg

Love the skins for both SC1 and SC2, though. SC2 is oversaturated with model swaps and portraits these days, so I'm glad they've gradually caught on to using the consoles as a cosmetic perk instead.

As I said in the BlizzCon thread, given the state of the beta (Humans and Orcs only for now, with the invitation rollout set to take place over weeks), I think the full release is at least six weeks away and may even fall into 2020. But we'll know very soon.

I'll dabble in the beta for performance reasons, but I'm Bronze League levels of bad at standard 1v1 TFT and probably won't stick around for much. Good opportunity to relearn some of the basics, I guess.

I think it's only cleaned up. They've also got the original voices in, which surprises me a little. They are great tho.

Grubby is picking up on some subtle differences in the peon voice lines. Sappers sound different, too. The developers did say a year ago that they were writing and recording new jokes.

Last edited:

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019
The OP omitted the best cosmetic bonus of the lot: the SC1 console skin.

Q9DLK3GG897V1571781402289.jpg

Love the skins for both SC1 and SC2, though. SC2 is oversaturated with model swaps and portraits these days, so I'm glad they've gradually caught on to using the consoles as a cosmetic perk instead.

As I said in the BlizzCon thread, given the state of the beta (Humans and Orcs only for now, with the invitation rollout set to take place over weeks), I think the full release is at least six weeks away and may even fall into 2020. But we'll know very soon.

I'll dabble in the beta for performance reasons, but I'm Bronze League levels of bad at standard 1v1 TFT and probably won't stick around for much. Good opportunity to relearn some of the basics, I guess.

Grubby is picking up on some subtle differences in the peon voice lines. Sappers sound different, too. The developers did say a year ago that they were writing and recording new jokes.

i need this

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my beta access as well.

No Mac client yet, though, which is a shame as the thing I was most interested in testing was performance on my notebook. But in my experience with Blizzard betas it's pretty standard for the Mac client to drop a few weeks late. Maybe Undead/NE will be in by then.

Minions

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the Warcraft 3 beta. During the beta they managed to get private servers working so that people not in the beta could try the game out. Days long past. Seems kinda lame that the beta is locked behind buying the game, as the beta for Warcraft 3 is what pushed me into buying it.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was never into competitive multiplayer in RTS games but I absolutely love campaigns and custom maps in Blizzard games. Bring it on!
Reminds me of the Warcraft 3 beta. During the beta they managed to get private servers working so that people not in the beta could try the game out. Days long past. Seems kinda lame that the beta is locked behind buying the game, as the beta for Warcraft 3 is what pushed me into buying it.
It isn't locked behind buying the game though, is it? I've seen people who haven't bought the game report they got into the beta.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
It's so ugly compared to the classic (or compared to anything I can think of). Like, what were they aiming for?

zeox

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
the beta is super crashy for me. it has frozen at some point in every game i've gotten into so far :(

Minions

Oct 25, 2017
Was never into competitive multiplayer in RTS games but I absolutely love campaigns and custom maps in Blizzard games. Bring it on!

It isn't locked behind buying the game though, is it? I've seen people who haven't bought the game report they got into the beta.
That's good news then. I was just going off that based on what was stated in the OP.

"Initial invitations will go out in waves to those who have pre-purchased the Spoils of War edition of the game and subsequent waves of invitations will go to additional players, such as those who have pre-purchased the standard edition of Warcraft III: Reforged."

OP
OP
SuikerBrood

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Played a couple of matches today. First 4 games my games crashed. After that I put the settings down, then won 3 matches.

Fantastic game. Buggy beta.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing. Shouldn't all Spoils Edition preorders have this by now? :(

edit - I'm an idiot. No email, but I can flip the game type to Beta on the launcher and NOW it's installable. lol. Fuck.

Last edited: