SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see anyone claim an OT for this and since it's officially launched I figured it'd be best to talk about it here rather than the announcement thread.

Guild is ResetEra if you want to join.

I'll find some time to fill this with useful info in the future.

Last edited:

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
Blizzard has been spamming people's mail with its promotion in WoW, which I don't think has engendered interest. lol

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Looking forward to trying it! It seems like incredibly my shit, and dangerous for my wallet.

YayYay

Feb 21, 2023
im hearing it's shockingly good?
I've been playing it the past month (yay canada gets something early?!) and I gotta say it's fantastic fun.

Lots of fun PVE stuff and the PVP is entertaining as well. The biweekly arclight missions have fun twist rules, and the dungeon of the week is always a different faction which keeps you swapping leaders instead of staying stale on the same team.

I didn't think much of it after the first couple missions, but it quickly won me over as I started experimenting with my army and questing to gain xp.

JHoNNy1OoO

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Just got the notification that it installed on my tablet. Sending a request to join the guild. Been waiting a long time for this!

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I saw a commercial for this recently, either watching AEW or the World Series and it was an astoundingly low quality commercial. Like imagine all those ads for fake/shovelware mobile games with the bad voiceovers, it seemed even lower quality than those.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
it seems like it's got decent production behind it but after trying it myself i can comfortably say i do not enjoy the game at all so far

i'll try and at least get past the beginner levels and see if it changes, but so far it seems pretty bad?

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
The game gets realll stingy with f2p currency once you've spent all the one time sources and depend on recurring sources. (Past the honeymoon period)

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
It's so riddled with grindy progression systems that I cannot see myself caring about it. The version that Square Enix put in to FF7R Intergrade, Fort Condor, is so much better.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How pay to win is it? I don't mind having to grind/pay to unlock options or more units to use, but if my Footmen have 4 hp while my opponent's Footmen have 6 hp because they've played longer or spent money, that's a problem.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
played a bit, seems cute, hopefully the PVE part is big because I dont care about PVP at all. Prob a neat time waster at work.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
had a random install notifcation so i'm giving it a shot right now as we speak :) Do we have a discord or something for the guild?

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe Clash Royal is already over 7 years old.

This game is okish, just 5 years late.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
immediately reminded me of Clash Royale when I tried it. Wasn't a big fan of Clash Royale, but the Warcraft IP had me intrigued so just dl'd and played a few games. Not sure if I'll play it a while for my mobile game of choice. Will probably just return to Hearthstone/PoGo/MHNow/MarvelSnap

Erg

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of folks seem to get it gets very p2w once you have 30 sigils or so. I don't know how long that is but I think I'm gonna pass

Nkcell

Jun 24, 2020
I had no idea what this game was but decided to give it a whirl cause my friends were talking about it. I was hoping it was a PvP focused strategy game, but that is not the case.

This seems PvE focused with eventual access to PvP, but the two modes share resources/unit levels, so you need to keep playing PvE constantly to keep with other people's units. From reading Reddit there have been people playing for a while now, PvP is very much pay2win and requires massive grinding of the PvE.

That's enough for me to know I'm not interested.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I had a great time with this in the beta, didn't bother with the multiplayer but the single player was really fun. Only thing I bought was the Arclight Booster and I felt like I got my money's worth out of it. Hopefully the game hasn't changed for the worse since then.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
I wasn't feeling this until the end of the 1st world where it felt like it finally clicked in my brain and now i'm in absolute love.

Being able to recruit all these little iconic warcraft creatures and characters is such an easy win for me. It's so fun!

Oh shit is this like Warcraft Clash Royale?

hell yeah it is

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
It looks charming at first, but after honeymoon phase, you realize how grindy and awful it is.

I played during closed beta, and tried again during soft launch, but uninstalled pretty fast.

One thing it's missing (unless they added it recently) is a skip/sweep feature to skip some grinding.
There's nothing like that, so you're just basically wasting major time MANUALLY rerunning old stages for gold/quests.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Played one game, I'll need to give it more time at some point but the initial impression is... it's boring as fuck ? Art style is nice and like usual they knocked it out of the park.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
Played one game, I'll need to give it more time at some point but the initial impression is... it's boring as fuck ? Art style is nice and like usual they knocked it out of the park.

It wasn't until the end of the first world where i started to feel a little bit of the comp building and it actually starts feeling interesting.

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
Not my type of game. but I'll continue playing and see if I will like it more. I've made it to the second orange area.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Not interested in the pvp tbh, hopefully the pve is fun and engaging later on. Have only finished Elwynn Forrest so far and enjoyed that experience. Will play until I feel like I have to spend money to progress, then I'm probably out. Im not a big fan of mobile gaming in general, so we'll see how it goes

Blitz

Oct 29, 2017
I never played clash royale but Warcraft rumble is similar to Gears Pop mobile game. Gears Pop shut down very quickly after release.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a new app for the final version? I have had beta access for a while now and I can't seem to find a different final version on the Play store

Sangral