• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Well if we can't account share with ps4 I'll never play on a switch, but if I was just starting and could play anywhere...wow that would be awesome.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Panic button seem to have gotten quite used to working miracles on the switch, but people saying that are being really hyperbolic. Only the devs of any said game can say that for sure.
Well the more Panic button play and tweck the Switch, the more they gonna know about the machine and the limitation it can get

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
Most definitely, MHW in particular is a really damning example.
It's just sad to see the company that invested so much in Mobile a few years ago now backtracking on it's achievements. RE Revelations was incredible to see on the 3DS back in the day. Anyway, apologies for derailing the discussion. I have never played Warframe, but I'll definitely be giving it a shot when it hits the switch. Always excited to see big achievements on switch like this.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
XIgXfaM.gif

Looks like fun.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Literally yelled when seeing this news. Haven't played this since the old version in 2013. Should be good to get into this after all the updates.

If the accounts transfer over, rip PS4/Switch owners lol.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Is this gonna be 30 fps? 30 fps warframe sounds vomit inducing.

It's probable but we don't know yet. Panic button didn't hesitate to heavily gimp the graphics to reach an almost steady 60fps on rocket league, so I want to believe they would do the same here. I sure hope so.
And again, the funny part is that psyonix actually improved dramatically the graphics later on while keeping the 60fps. Literally the best case scenario. That being said, if it was 60 fps on switch, I think they would have advertised it.
I never played Warframe but if it's a shooter, I prefer 30fps/gyro than 60fps/stick. Maybe that's just me trying to convince myself it's fine.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
How hard would it be to get into this game now?

Warframe is notorious for having a problem with shoving to your face all kind of systems/subsystems, currencies, to the point you don't even know where to begin. A lot of people drop it for that reason. If you can truck on you'll find an amazing coop loot shooter that put games like Destiny to absolute shame.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Well the more Panic button play and tweck the Switch, the more they gonna know about the machine and the limitation it can get
I know, I was mostly kidding about the miracles part. I think the idea of games like Doom being "impossible ports" is a silly notion for people to bring forward when they don't know anything about the game and how scalable it might be. Not that I know anything about it either lol only the devs themselves would know for certain

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
This game can run on a toaster which means it can run circles on the switch. I'm hoping the game is running at 60fps on both modes of the switch.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have an unpopular opinion, but I'd like Panic Button to use their knowledge of the Switch to make a game that isn't heavily technically compromised. It's really awesome what they accomplish, but I see these games and think about what had to be taken out. I'd instead really like to see them build an original game or make a "definitive edition" port of a last-gen game. It's just a silly personal psychological thing.

Interesting they announced it on a Saturday.

There's an official convention (TennoCon) dedicated to the game happening today (Saturday), hence the announcement.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Panic Button port basically just a catch-up job and then DE will take it from there, or will Panic Button be working on ports for the expansions too?

Crossplay / progression trolls are doing their cause no favors shitting up an unrelated thread, imo.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It's sort of like Monster Hunter but instead of third person action game it's a third person shooter with some janky parkour. I never found the gameplay to be that great but for a free game it's pretty decent. It's got a lot of grinding so if you click with the gameplay you can get a lot out of it.
Pretty much this, movement and shooting feels bad, but they offer you. ALOT of content for free. So if you only play this game, you will no longer notice jank and shooting mechanics compared to other games and you will learn to enjoy it.

It's been on PS4 I think almost since the PS4 launched? I was playing it when the only other shooter was COD Ghosts and that game was horrible. This is a great get for the Switch. People's lives are about to be taken over.

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
Cool. Due to its portable form factor, I'm a bit surprised with the success the Switch is having with online-heavy or online-only games.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
This game can run on a toaster which means it can run circles on the switch. I'm hoping the game is running at 60fps on both modes of the switch.

I don't understand; you say it runs on a toaster and I'm willing to believe you. Others in this thread say it struggles on Xbox/PS4 and I have no reason not to believe them either. Is it a game that's just badly optimized on consoles but smooth on toaster PCs?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand; you say it runs on a toaster and I'm willing to believe you. Others in this thread say it struggles on Xbox/PS4 and I have no reason not to believe them either. Is it a game that's just badly optimized on consoles but smooth on toaster PCs?

It really can't run on a crappy PC, it's a fairly intensive game, especially nowadays. And the console versions do have problems.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Is the Panic Button port basically just a catch-up job and then DE will take it from there, or will Panic Button be working on ports for the expansions too?

Crossplay / progression trolls are doing their cause no favors shitting up an unrelated thread, imo.

Seeing how greatly psyonix improved rocket league, I hope panic button will make the bulk of the work (i.e. running the game at 240p/60fps :D) before DE takes over to smoothen rough edges.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Barring the Plains of Eidolon, it can run on an Intel HD 620 with a modern gen i3. Obviously the performance isn't the greatest (30-50FPS at 720p) but it is playable.

What's more relevant to me is the console's performances. Is it locked 60fps on Xbox for example? If it struggles, it'll be interesting to see how they handle a port on switch of a game without much overhead.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

The CPUs in the consoles are the big problem with Warframe basically. Your toaster PC will almost 100% will have a much better CPU than any existing console.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they are gonna update the game at the same speed of other consoles or have its own update time behind the consoles updates

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's more relevant to me is the console's performances. Is it locked 60fps on Xbox for example? If it struggles, it'll be interesting to see how they handle a port on switch of a game without much overhead.
thats the concern, Plains of Eidolon is more resource intensive than the rest of the game. my guess a locked 30fps.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

That I don't know, sadly, as I haven't touched the PS4 version in years. Looking around, it appears the PS4 Pro maintains a solid 60 FPS, but I can't find anything on the OG console.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the perfomance has worsened recently; I haven't played much Warframe in the recent years, however back when I played a lot the game was very very well optimized and could indeed run on any toaster with appropriate settings. The beta of warframe was unoptimized but after the beta they polished the hell out of it.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the perfomance has worsened recently; I haven't played much Warframe in the recent years, however back when I played a lot the game was very very well optimized and could indeed run on any toaster with appropriate settings. The beta of warframe was unoptimized but after the beta they polished the hell out of it.
honestly the space combat stuff they showed off tonight has me concerned for consoles.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Great opportunity to jump back in, gonna be playing this all over the house. Hope they can workout crossplay with xbox but might be a strech, can dream though.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I'm waiting for someone with a PC and the game installed to check how it plays at 30fps. But I still have remote hopes that panic button are gonna do what they can to maintain 60, they did it before.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panic Button doing their magic again. They're basically what Bluepoint is for Sony

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
You guys better play the hell out of this.

If you haven't played it, just imagine if Destiny wasn't ass, had better combat and all the things you ever wanted in the game, they actually end up adding.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
You guys better play the hell out of this.

If you haven't played it, just imagine if Destiny wasn't ass, had better combat and all the things you ever wanted in the game, they actually end up adding.

Hahahaha I played over 2,000 hours of Destiny 1 and you are pretty spot on. Loved playing Warframe on PS4, can't wait to see it on Switch.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted, but Massivelyop asked about Crossplay/Crossprogression:

I asked Creative Director Steve Sinclair about the possibility of crossplay or one time transfer between platforms for those who want to play on the Switch. Sinclair told me that it won't be possible for the PlayStation 4, but it could possibly be worked out for the XBox, and it would be a breeze for the PC. He continued by saying that he was very interested in looking into making it so players cold seamlessly move between play on the PC and the Switch. That could mean easily taking your Warframe on the go, be it travel for work, leisure, or just because.

Link to article

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Not sure if this has been posted, but Massivelyop asked about Crossplay/Crossprogression:

I asked Creative Director Steve Sinclair about the possibility of crossplay or one time transfer between platforms for those who want to play on the Switch. Sinclair told me that it won't be possible for the PlayStation 4, but it could possibly be worked out for the XBox, and it would be a breeze for the PC. He continued by saying that he was very interested in looking into making it so players cold seamlessly move between play on the PC and the Switch. That could mean easily taking your Warframe on the go, be it travel for work, leisure, or just because.

Link to article

Please make this happen. Would be amazing for me to take my PC save.

I don't mind having 2 separate saves (I did it with Destiny 2) but would be much more happy if that PC save can be played on my Switch.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017

Oh, man. I would love to see PC, Switch, Xbox Cross-play/Cross-progression.

I wonder how achievements would work for Steam and Xbox tho. Maybe if the account is linked to both XBL and Steam, both achievements would be unlocked? Switch obviously doesn't have that issue.