Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have some .stl files for movement trays? Like for 10 and 20 man boyz units in flying v shape? and 10 man ones for gretchin the same way?

MrTex

Dec 15, 2017
help a noob out. I read a lot of stuff and still can't figure it out. I'm trying to build a 1000 point army. I was thinking space marines. But I'm so confused. I have these questions:

- can I paint them any color scheme I want?
- can I mix some of the other armies with it? For example ultramarines with some blood angels? What about ultramarines with some sisters?

Phatmanny

Nov 14, 2017
help a noob out. I read a lot of stuff and still can't figure it out. I'm trying to build a 1000 point army. I was thinking space marines. But I'm so confused. I have these questions:

- can I paint them any color scheme I want?
- can I mix some of the other armies with it? For example ultramarines with some blood angels? What about ultramarines with some sisters?
You are free to paint your models however you want. Even if you are playing something like blood angels, there are divergent chapters within the group that have different color schemes outside the founding chapter.

For what's legal read the index/codex. Most factions still with what they come with plus some bonuses.
I e imperial units can bring imperial agents, space marines can cross, but there are plenty of faction exclusives.
Chaos marines can bring demons.
Gene stealers can bring Some guard
Etc

Just read the rules and you'll be set.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
New chapter just dropped :
GMiYy_6XYAAED0S

The Helldivers.

Last edited:

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Fairly modest compared to so many industries but still offensive relative to so many peoples wage "growth".

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, at some point the straw has to break the camel's back and I think this was it for me. If it ain't miniswap or recast, I'm not touching GW product. I'd already dipped my toes in, but this does it.

OP
OP
Gareth

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
I try not to start new armies these days and focus on the armies I already have, while buying at a discount rather than directly from GW if there's something new of interest. There's always a temptation to buy more but I don't really have time for it all anyway.

Rakthen

Jul 20, 2023
I have world eaters and custodes. With the news of the price hike i'll keep working on custodes just because they have so few units and do other things with my money. I hate to say it but this just about pushes me out of the hobby.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Been ages since I tried to buy something on a Saturday, I'd forgotten how stressful it is.
Went on my local store's page at 10.04am, both Chaos Battleforces sold out. Checked all the other cheap stores, all sold out.
Found it in one, had it in my basket, site was being ultra slow, sold out before I could checkout. So infuriating.
GW seem to still have them but I can't bring myself to pay £28 more, far less of a bargain.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Been ages since I tried to buy something on a Saturday, I'd forgotten how stressful it is.
Went on my local store's page at 10.04am, both Chaos Battleforces sold out. Checked all the other cheap stores, all sold out.
Found it in one, had it in my basket, site was being ultra slow, sold out before I could checkout. So infuriating.
GW seem to still have them but I can't bring myself to pay £28 more, far less of a bargain.
fuck, i forgot it was today.
I guess i am not getting a CSM battleforce

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Made my first pilgrimage to Warhammer World today. One off the bucket list!
Is it fun?
with Uk aoutside of europe i wodner if it is worth the hassel.
They were sold out of Battleforces everywhere before I was up this morning at like 7. Being into Warhammer is a huge pain in the ass sometimes.
It is the only thing i don't understand for GW. Instead of this battleforce i ended up buying gundam break 4. I also thinking of buying manor lord. The rest of the money will probably go to the stock market.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Is it fun?
with Uk aoutside of europe i wodner if it is worth the hassel.
It was cool, the dioramas are really impressive and they have basically every model they make on show. So much stuff I have never seen in person.

Honestly though it was smaller than I expected and it's in the middle of an industrial estate. We spent 3 hours there and that included lunch at Bugmans bar. If you're in the Uk for other stuff anyway then sure, but otherwise maybe not worth the hassle.

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
It was cool, the dioramas are really impressive and they have basically every model they make on show. So much stuff I have never seen in person.

Honestly though it was smaller than I expected and it's in the middle of an industrial estate. We spent 3 hours there and that included lunch at Bugmans bar. If you're in the Uk for other stuff anyway then sure, but otherwise maybe not worth the hassle.
Thanks this is cool to know
I was planning to go this weekend until they announced it was an AoS event. Don't fancy going when it's rammed. So we are going to stay home and have a big 3k game of 40K instead

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017

SCHUEY 117

Oct 25, 2017
The rumors of the next Kill Team having ariel combat doesn't really appeal to me. Generally Im not a fan of rules creep bloating a game.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Some people think it's an Enslaver but I think it's way more likely that it's some kinda Spore Mine offshoot, given we know the Necromunda box is going to be wacky Genestealer Cult stuff.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Genestealer Combat patrol is gone. :( RIP to the only way the army was affordable. There is no way the new box is anywhere near as good.

Last edited:

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
No idea why i haven't been posting in here for a while now but me and my group are gettin deep in the weeds with 10th since a friend got a printer and i've been playin Orks on and off since 8th so ya boi has been in a GREAT MOOD for a couple months lol

Running up against a Necron army in 1 friend and our ref/3rd player has been painting/playing since he was a kid so he's got armies on armies he likes to swap around a lot - mostly into painting and building armies and less into playing.

We mostly play at 1k or 1.5 since me and the Necron are fairly new. Started at 5 and switched when we all had a comfy 1k. I leaned on Green Tide for a couple games and then switched over to Bully Boys to try it out since I have a couple Warbosses and plenty of MegaNobz and Nobz group. Throwing my Boss on a clump of 20 boys with the rest of my crew being heavies did absolute WORK on Necrons. The game went poorly for my friend anyways as he ended up pushing into terrain to try and hold mid-board but blocked almost all his LoS. The first two turns i think maybe 3 shots were fired. He ended up calling it at the top of Turn 5 cause he was hopelessly behind in points (assassination and Teleport Beacons for me - i think it was 60 something to 30 something).
The only thing this poor man saw the entire fight was full on WAAAGH!, completely fresh, entire army of Orks immediately in his face. The astonishment of just how brutal Orks can be when setup just right was a bit of a shock to my guy lol

I do wish there was a bit more art in the Ork Codex tho. And Baddrukk/Zaggstrukk both have FULL page lore things directly after getting pulled lol - it better be a hint they have new models comin, cause damn.

Sneaky Gato

Oct 27, 2017
Last minute guesses. Front silhouette is almost certainly the long rumoured GSC Psyker character. Right silhouette looks like a Thanatar automaton so probaly HH Ad Mech. Left is stumping me though. It's got mechanical claws reminiscent of Ork Power Klaws but the silhouette feels wrong. Maybe some sort of Neceomunda gladiator?

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm gonna predict a new Van Saar mech for the dude on the left. Either core faction or a new sub faction for them (with perhaps an Ash Waste spin) I want the fella on the right to be a new Helbrute, I know he isn't but a man can dream.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
top right is so thanatar it hurts. top left looks like all the rumor engines recently which looked like a chaosfied ursarax but i just don't see it so probably something necromunda instead.