Oct 25, 2017
Italy
oh hell yeah now we're talking
romances in the 40k universe
giphy.gif

Sabin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay ngl i was mad at first that we most likely won't get a scifi RPG according BUT

DMFGASDFAS AHHHHHHHHHHHHH 40K CRPG HOLY SHIT

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Slightly disappointed. I love Owlcat, but I'm super over the grim dark 40k universe.

Would have liked to see a new IP or something from them.

Rogue trader is more exploration based and allows a ton of creativity compared to the other 40k fiction.

A Rogue Trader is a fantastic figure for a player character in this IP. It'll offer a lot of freedom for both the player and the studio.

This.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Fantastic! I'm not really familiar with 40K but Owlcat are great devs.

Wrath of the Righteous in particular is one of the best CRPGs of all time.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Oh wow, that's great honestly! Right studio for the IP - I wonder when it will be ready and if it will also be a 100+ hour RPG like the other two or something more streamlined.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
So is there any news on the game system being used? I'm not familiar with the Warhammer 40k system, but it's mostly large scale army battles, right?

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Just let me be as flamboyant as they're often portrayed in art and the lore. I want powdered wigs and frilly ruffs dammit!

The miniatures they released for kill team:rogue trader and Blackstone fortress are just full of character as well. Let me get some pictures.

ServingTheAbyss-Sep23-RT-j1y7f.jpg

BlackstonePreview-Oct29-RogueTrader1vrg.jpg

KTFocusStarstriders-Sep3-Vhane22gt.jpg

Last edited:

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
So is there any news on the game system being used? I'm not familiar with the Warhammer 40k system, but it's mostly large scale army battles, right?
There's several table top systems that have been released. Rogue Traders is an actual RPG line, but it's unconfirmed is that's the ruleset they're actually using.

Senjuro

Oct 10, 2019
Pathfinder Kingmaker was serviceable but I was super impressed with Wrath of the Righteous. Let's hope they can keep up that level of quality.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
A Rogue Trader is a fantastic figure for a player character in this IP. It'll offer a lot of freedom for both the player and the studio.

Exactly, it's probably the scenario that allows for the most player freedom, especially with the player character's warrant of trade being signed by the Emperor himself.

There's a couple they could use. Fantasy Flight Games came out with an actual Rogue Trader RPG a while back, based on a Dark Heresy RPG that was initially created by GW themselves. Those lines have been long dead though, and now there's another Warhammer RPG called Wrath and Glory.

Warhammer Wrath & Glory | Cubicle 7 Games

Experience tabletop role playing games like never before with Warhammer Wrath & Glory. Play Warhammer 40,000 your way, available in both book and PDF versions.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I have enjoyed what Owlcat have put out so far. I guess this might end up being the first warhammer 40K universe game I play. I need to see more of the gameply before I make my final decision.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody been able to sign up on the website to order one of the packs? I keep getting SQL errors. (._. )

Oct 26, 2017
The miniatures they released for kill team:rogue trader and Blackstone fortress are just full of character as well. Let me get some pictures.
BlackstonePreview-Oct29-RogueTrader1vrg.jpg

KTFocusStarstriders-Sep3-Vhane22gt.jpg
My man's got a codpiece, a fucking CODPIECE! Pay attention Owlcat.

As with most things 40k related, Luetin09 has a great summery video on the topic
www.youtube.com

ROGUE TRADERS - The Spirit of Man | WARHAMMER 40,000 Lore / History

▼ Join LT - Sub: http://goo.gl/oeZMBS Support: https://www.patreon.com/Luetin Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/LuetinTwitter: http://twitter.com/luetin09Note: T...

Olorin

Oct 27, 2017
Kingmaker and Wrath are some of my all time favorite games. Really looking forward to this. A Rogue Trader crpg was beyond my expectations.

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be down for this. Owl Cat has impressed me with their Pathfinder games. I'm going through Wrath of the Righteous right now.

Shadout

Shinra Employee
Oct 27, 2017
I am really uninterested in Warhammer 40000, and as such, a bit disappointed this is what Owlcat is making. I love their two Pathfinder games.
Owlcat has earned enough goodwill from me to at least consider getting the game however.

Same.

Krigaren

Oct 25, 2017
Will most likely try it but I'm a bit disappointed it's not pathfinder or their own crpg

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Well, I was super hyped for the game until I saw that its only for pc. Another Warhammer game exclusively for oc. Annoying :(

Edit: Oh! Just saw the Eurogamer article. Please, be true!

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
As someone who GMed the Rogue Trader RPG for several years, this has been a dream project of mine for a while, though I had no hope that anyone would make it. Rogue Trader is one of the best WH40K properties for a CRPG because of the scale and scope. You can do pretty much anything with it, and it's always going to be ridiculously over the top.

This isn't WH40K in wargame format, as I suppose most of you are used to. Rogue Trader is a game about exploration, greed, trade, politics, betrayal, and all the good stuff that comes with near limitless power. Outside the borders of the Imperium of Man, none command greater power than a rogue trader. And they often only pay lip service to loyalty beyond themselves, instead using their freedom and distance from Terra to enrich themselves at the cost of others. In the RPG, my players would routinely threaten to kill millions of people (and sometimes did) to gain leverage during trade negotiations. It was a riot.

If the devs can pull this off, it could be absolutely fantastic. I will definitely be keeping a close eye on it.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
As someone who GMed the Rogue Trader RPG for several years, this has been a dream project of mine for a while, though I had no hope that anyone would make it. Rogue Trader is one of the best WH40K properties for a CRPG because of the scale and scope. You can do pretty much anything with it, and it's always going to be ridiculously over the top.

This isn't WH40K in wargame format, as I suppose most of you are used to. Rogue Trader is a game about exploration, greed, trade, politics, betrayal, and all the good stuff that comes with near limitless power. Outside the borders of the Imperium of Man, none command greater power than a rogue trader. And they often only pay lip service to loyalty beyond themselves, instead using their freedom and distance from Terra to enrich themselves at the cost of others. In the RPG, my players would routinely threaten to kill millions of people (and sometimes did) to gain leverage during trade negotiations. It was a riot.

If the devs can pull this off, it could be absolutely fantastic. I will definitely be keeping a close eye on it.

I ran it too for my group, absolutely loved it. The scope and freedoms offered to players was quite a change from them running through Dark Heresy and regularly dying to cultists and botched surgeries.