Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Reviews sound about right. Excited to play anyway

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I don't think the embargo was publicized so no one prepared one in advance. I'd make one myself but I'm working atm so I don't have time to compile 20+ review quotes.

Current MC score is 75 with 20 reviews. https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/warioware-get-it-together!?ref=hp

Seems like it'll be pretty mixed, but I have to say some of these really don't feel like they fit the score given with the text. But I have to call out Twinfinite with this quote: "WarioWare: Gold for the 3DS seemed to have better value with 100 more microgames, full voice acting, and a lower price tag." Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the vast majority of WarioWare Gold's microgames brought over from previous games? Wasn't it like a greatest hits type of thing with a smattering of new games? Or am I wrong there?

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Can this game be played with a Pro Controller?
Yes, it can. It only uses buttons and joystick.

Seems like it'll be pretty mixed, but I have to say some of these really don't feel like they fit the score given with the text. But I have to call out Twinfinite with this quote: "WarioWare: Gold for the 3DS seemed to have better value with 100 more microgames, full voice acting, and a lower price tag." Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the vast majority of WarioWare Gold's microgames brought over from previous games? Wasn't it like a greatest hits type of thing with a smattering of new games? Or am I wrong there?
You're not wrong, much of the content in Wario Ware Gold was recycled.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I rather want a game that can be played with conventional input controls and in various ways instead of another gimmicky gameplay. Even when Warioware loses some of its wackiness.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
Seems like if you liked the demo you're going to like this too, and I loved the demo so I'm probably going to have a blast.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Honestly I rather want a game that can be played with conventional input controls and in various ways instead of another gimmicky gameplay. Even when Warioware loses some of its wackiness.
It's funny because some of the more positive reviews seem to be just like that.

It seems very divisive in that regard, depending on whether you wanted motion controls or traditional controls.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny because some of the more positive reviews seem to be just like that.

It seems very divisive in that regard, depending on whether you wanted motion controls or traditional controls.
Yeah. Sure it would have been cool if they included Touch, HD Rumble or the IR Camera. But I'm already happy that I can play it with the Pro Controller (My hands aren't made for joycons) or that I can pick up and play it with friends.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yeah. Sure I would have been cool if they included Touch, HD Rumble or the IR Camera. But I'm already happy that I can play it with the Pro Controller (My hands aren't made for joycons) or that I can pick up and play it with friends.
In an ideal world, you could play with joycon like on Wii, with screen like on DS and with buttons like GBA.

But obviously it is impossible to design such a game.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I played the demo and was immediately hooked, if the game is good it doesn't need motion controls just because it's a party game.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
We already had Touched that explored touch screen microgames (I guess we could have had mutlitouch games) and motion games were done in Twisted and Smooth Moves.

Changing what our input does (depending on the character) rather than revisting input methods with already experienced is a fresh take on the formula.

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Looking at the Meta Critic score for Gold tells me that Wario Ware just isn't the type of series that'll still get in the high 80's on meta critic anymore.

Gold is legit one of the best in the series and people just shrugged it off. Same with this one it seems.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Seems like most negative reviews are focused on the lack of motion controls, which I couldn't care less about.

The demo was so much fun and it seems like there's a good amount of replayability, so I'm in! Preloading right now.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

WarioWare: Get It Together! | Review Thread

Metacritic (76) OpenCritic (77) Eurogamer (recommended): Polygon (no score): The Washington Post (9/10): Nintendo Life (9/10): Millenium (85/100, review in French): God is a Geek (8.5/10): GameSpot (8/10): PCMag (4/5): TheSixthAxis (8/10): Comicbook.com (4/5): Game Informer...

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Looking at the Meta Critic score for Gold tells me that Wario Ware just isn't the type of series that'll still get in the high 80's on meta critic anymore.

Gold is legit one of the best in the series and people just shrugged it off. Same with this one it seems.

Gold's reception also saddened me, but when considering that:

A) As opposed to 3DS, Switch is still alive and kicking.
B) The demo was an immediate hit that successfully conveyed the game's depth/party potential.

I think we'll be seeing another sales success in the vein of the series' glory days -- with a little help from Switch's momentum.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah not a fan of reviews that spend time criticising a game for not being something that it was never trying to be. "Previous Warioware games were launch titles that showed off the consoles unique features." Yeah. Ok. Is this game any good?

Demo impressions were overwhelmingly positive so I'm still looking forward to this, I guess ultimately it'll come down to how enjoyable the microgames themselves are - which is all too subjective anyway.

OP
OP
totofogo

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Yeah not a fan of reviews that spend time criticising a game for not being something that it was never trying to be. "Previous Warioware games were launch titles that showed off the consoles unique features." Yeah. Ok. Is this game any good?

Demo impressions were overwhelmingly positive so I'm still looking forward to this, I guess ultimately it'll come down to how enjoyable the microgames themselves are - which is all too subjective anyway.
And if this had been more focused on being unique to the Switch we would have gotten the typical "why aren't there traditional controls" that Super Mario Party suffered. What a pointless critique lol.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
...there's a 4 player mode?!

That's awesome! Jeez, way to bury the lead Nintendo. All the trailers I saw boast "you can also add a SECOND PLAYER" and "IT HAS A TWO PLAYER MODE!" so I always assumed it was only 1-2 players.
Sounds like 4 player is for certain mini games only. Story mode is 2 player