• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Found on the Warner Bros careers page:
Warner Bros. Games San Diego has put up a dozen new job listings for a new project. It is described as "an exciting new AAA, free-to-play, cross-platform game" targeted for "for multiple platforms including the new Gen-9 Consoles". The project will use Unreal Engine 4 and will utilize Amazon GameLift. Amazon GameLift is a managed service for deploying, operating, and scaling dedicated game servers for session-based multiplayer games.

There is not a lot to go by on what type of game it is but the combat designer listing mentions "balanced abilities and move sets across multiple characters" and will feature "frequent live game events and store offers". WBG San Diego is a studio that "will bring some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in free-to-play games."

careers.wbgames.com/search-jobs/

This fits the bill for an earlier thread I made.
www.resetera.com

Upcoming Warner Bros. Games Will Seemingly Have a 'Heavy Focus' on Live Service. Rumor

Found an interesting quote in a recent internship ad on the Warner career page: https://twitter.com/MauroNL3/status/1353718683416334337?s=20 https://careers.wbgames.com/search-jobs/?n=181120BR

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Justice League: You be the Hero

Create your own DC Superhero and go through the streets of Gotham and Metropolis (and other places) as you face thugs, villains and all sorts of monsters of the DC universe as you work as a apprentice to the Justice League.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Look at all those live games no one is going to play.
*insert look at all those meme*

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Next 2-3 years is when MMOs (Wow, eso etc..) reach a point of equilibrium with GaaS games (destinty, marvel etc..) and the genres merge imo.

I think Harry Potter and Avatar (ubi) might be the first games to signal this transition in a major way.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
God it feels like WB has completely lost my interest. I wasn't a huge fan or anything before, but I enjoyed the Arkhams and Mordor. It seems they're really going all-in on GAAS.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
You mean Harry Potter? No reason it cant be open world and online is there? Unless it's been confirmed to be SP only?

It's confirmed to be SP only yes.

Warner Bros. Games today announced Hogwarts Legacy, an open-world, single-player, action role-playing videogame (RPG) set in the 1800s wizarding world. Players will experience life as a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry like never before, as they live the unwritten and embark on a dangerous journey to uncover a hidden truth of the wizarding world. Developed by Avalanche and published by Warner Bros. Games under the Portkey Games label, Hogwarts Legacy will release in 2021 for PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One consoles, and PC.

www.businesswire.com

Warner Bros. Games Announces Hogwarts Legacy

Warner Bros. Games today announced Hogwarts Legacy, an open-world, single-player, action role-playing videogame (RPG) set in the 1800s wizarding world

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
I usually find and summarize these things myself so thats why I put that and the original source in the OP. Since its 12 listings you'd have to sift through all 12 youself to find the details I listed in the OP. Its not for clout or whatever, just a handy compilation.
fair enough, just something that caught my eye is all

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Didn't even know that studio existed. Oh well I'm sure it'll all be bought out by someone soon because AT&T bought a company they couldn't afford