Deleted member 7217

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To clarify before we get started: I made this thread to act as a warning.

Anyway, A while ago, Play Asia tweeted THIS out:

After that, Liam Robertson told them he wasn't giving them any more of his business. (Tweets are currently protected, so I can't provide it).
And then right after that, they were revealed to be sicing their followers on people who call them out on stuff like this.

Yeah. I would be AGAINST supporting this site if I were you. This is NOT acceptable.

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gave up on Play Asia after their whole boogeymanning fiasco with DoA Extreme 3. fuck em

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the thing with Dead or Alive Extreme 3 a few years ago when they aligned themselves with gamergate, I've taken my business elsewhere. It's sad to see that they're even worse now.

Deleted member 1185

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theyve been on the GamerGate side for a while, crusading against 'SJWs'

Its super gross, it could very well just be a terrible social media employee but they should have fired them long ago

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If they carry the product I want at a more competitive price than their competitors I'll still buy from them. Same as I would buy from their competitors if they were priced better.

Was there any proof they sent their followers after somebody or is this a case of the followers making their own decisions and the company being blamed?

Ahmedz

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah, they pretty much lost me as a customer when they pulled that GG bullshit the first time. Fuck them.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7217

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found something worse: they've been refusing refunds for things like the wrong merch being sent.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Imagine making DOA your hill to die on.

Man I had considered buying some Ryu ga Gotoku games from them but never got around to it but fuck them.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Where did playasia send its followers after him? Or am i missing something

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Heavy-Arm is a cheaper alternative to Play-Asia, anyway - at least for SEA releases. You *should* be getting Japanese imports on Amazon Japan, or failing that, CDJapan/AmiAmi/literally any other Japanese storefront with tenso.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love my niche japanese games, but can't stand this site. Stopped buying their stuff after the previous DOA fiasco.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the OP, but I'll do business where I save the most money.

If it's PA then so be it.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They're fucking terrible. They've used the wrong packaging for orders twice causing my stuff to arrive damaged, packages arrive weeks after they're supposed to and they don't respond or respond very late to followups. The GamerGate garbage was enough to convince me not to use them ever again.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
PlayAsia doesn't do refunds for the wrong shit they send, something that they do pretty often.

They're awfully anti-consumer even if you disregard the GG shit.

Psykotik

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brunei
never had a problem with any of my PA orders and have bought from them regularly for many many years. will still buy from them.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Was there any proof they sent their followers after somebody or is this a case of the followers making their own decisions and the company being blamed?
I know reading comprehension is not Trump voters' strongest suit, but how about the tweet LITERALLY SHOWN IN THE OPENING POST where play asia pointed out the account of someone who dared criticize them with a *nudge nudge wink wink* to all their followers. Is that enough evidence for you?

Last edited:

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Where did playasia send its followers after him? Or am i missing something

Second image in the OP shows it. That user quoted them quoting another user, essentially showing all their followers someone to direct their anti SJW rage at.

If they carry the product I want at a more competitive price than their competitors I'll still buy from them. Same as I would buy from their competitors if they were priced better.

Look at the second image in the OP.

Oct 25, 2017
What is the story regarding Play Asia and Liam? I saw they called him out on something, but if you go to Play Asia's Twitter, Liam's original post is either deleted or protected. Any context?

Jaysc

Oct 25, 2017
What is the story regarding Play Asia and Liam? I saw they called him out on something, but if you go to Play Asia's Twitter, Liam's original post is either deleted or protected. Any context?
Liam basically said he wasn't going to do business with them again, quoting the SJWnonsense post from PlayAsia

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Pro-tip - if you're looking for JP PSN credit, Mariio128 is actually cheaper. I had problems with them sending a wrong order and bs around it, but for SEA stuff they're usually fine.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7217

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They made the tweet I embedded above, and he said "
I see the PlayAsia official account is spouting all kinds of gamergatey bullshit today. Say bye bye to my business." And then they quoted it and it got their followers harassing him I'm too to Point he had to make his account private for now.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Anyone who even uses the term "SJWs" can't be taken seriously. Sick of hearing it.

Who's good for imports other than these guys? I tried Amazon JP once, delivery was shockingly fast.

Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Play-Asia continues to be an actual embarrassment. I no longer support these guys after the pandering they do and what with the DoaX3 debacle.
I've always used Nippon Yasan instead now.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely import these days but I always used Play-Asia in the past and I was never displeased with their service. In fact their service was always great. I got replacements for lost packages and the support was nice. And that's what matters to me as a customer. So I will stick with them in the future. I can't care less for internet-drama.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This also isn't the first time that Play-Asia has sicked their followers on another Twitter user.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't heard of this before; can someone give me the low-down?
Tecmo blamed the west's views on sexualization for not releasing DoA Extreme 3 (really, it's because these games dont sell well), Play Asia said they're fighting the SJW boogeyman by selling the Asian version (which is in english) on their site

FireFistAce

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't care for boycotts to be honest. I don't know who the mombot person is but she had a great series of posts about a host of men in the media being accused of sexual harassment.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, fuck them I guess.

What a weird thing for a company to do. Lost potentially hundreds or thousands of future dollars from me for sure.

Vince_Jo1990

Jan 12, 2018
Only thing I blame on PlayAsia is the shipping time and how it's not worthy to buy from them from Canada. For what they say on Twitter, I don't mind and it should not affect their business.

If you don't want to buy from them, it's totally fine, but there shouldn't be a crusade against them...and giving them more publicity at the same time.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did not know they were such pieces of shit. Now I regret both purchases I did there.

Also, being swarmed by anime avatars sounds like my worst nightmare come true.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
I know reading comprehension is not Trump voters' strongest suit, but how about the tweet LITERALLY SHOWN IN THE OPENING POST where play asia pointed out the account of someone who dared criticize them with a *nudge nudge wink wink* to all their followers. Is that enough evidence for you?

Wow....what a disgusting reply.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I ordered DMC4 SE physical from there once and they even were so nice to throw in a Granturismo for ps3 free of charge. Havent ordered anything else but thanks god everything went smoothly on my end. Sucks to see this kind of stuff happen. Even tho I think the person comunicatting stuff through social media shouldnt be seen as the whole's company opinion on an issue, yeah its their job to put someone to represent them up there, but that person sometime can commit a mistake and we are punishing a whole 100+ people maybe for the wrong doing of 1 people, so I dont know if thats completely right, I am sure there must be some honest people that work there that would get impacted by people stopping buying from there.

RyoonZ

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gaming site that had ads and referral to Play-Asia is also sketchy as fuck. Someone need to compile them so we can avoid those site as well.