• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The Electronic Entertainment Expo, which was once the gaming industry's biggest convention and media platform, is officially dead.
"After more than two decades of hosting an event that has served as a central showcase for the U.S. and global video game industry," the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) has decided to bring E3 to a close, said Stanley Pierre-Louis, president and CEO of the nonprofit trade association that represents the games industry's interests in the United States.

A mix of new competitors, partner withdrawals, changing audience habits and pandemic-era disruptions led to E3's collapse, ending years of attempts to resuscitate the event, which began in 1995.

"We know the entire industry, players and creators alike have a lot of passion for E3. We share that passion," Pierre-Louis said. "We know it's difficult to say goodbye to such a beloved event, but it's the right thing to do given the new opportunities our industry has to reach fans and partners."

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
1581645425.png

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Damn...an end to an era.

Summer Games Fest will never fully replace E3 for me.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
RIP. E3 needed to decide wtf kind of event it wanted to be. Ah well. Had a good run.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be so bad if we actually had something to replace it but summer games is just a terrible stand in

Welkins

Apr 7, 2021
E3 definitely brought a lot of memories when i was younger. Mid June was always the best time to look forward to new games. Its ok its dead, the memories live on and videos too

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Sad but it's been dead for years now, it just has been going downhill the last couple years.

TheBigJuice

Banned
Jun 29, 2023
I miss you
I miss your smile
and I still shed a tear
every once in a while

and even though it's different now
you're still here somehow
My heart won't let you go
and I need you to know

I MISS YOU la la la la I miss you!

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I have so many good memories from E3 over the years, sad to see :(

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer. I love Directs and such, but all the live "events" *cough Geoff's cough* that we've been getting instead have been absolute trash.