• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the weeks before they were ousted last month, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and top immigration enforcement official Ronald Vitiello challenged a secret White House plan to arrest thousands of parents and children in a blitz operation against migrants in 10 major U.S. cities.

According to seven current and former Department of Homeland Security officials, the administration wanted to target the crush of families that had crossed the U.S.-Mexico border after the president's failed "zero tolerance" prosecution push in early 2018. The ultimate purpose, the officials said, was a show of force to send the message that the United States was going to get tough by swiftly moving to detain and deport recent immigrants — including families with children.

The sprawling operation included an effort to fast-track immigration court cases, allowing the government to obtain deportation orders against those who did not show for their hearings — officials said 90 percent of those targeted were found deportable in their absence. The subsequent arrests would have required coordinated raids against parents with children in their homes and neighborhoods.

But Vitiello and Nielsen halted it, concerned about a lack of preparation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, the risk of public outrage and worries that it would divert resources from the border.

Senior Trump adviser Stephen Miller and ICE Deputy Director Matthew Albence were especially supportive of the plan, officials said, eager to execute dramatic, highly visible mass arrests that they argued would help deter the soaring influx of families.

The arrests were planned for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and the other largest U.S. destinations for Central American migrants. Though some of the cities are considered "sanctuary" jurisdictions with police departments that do not cooperate with ICE, the plan did not single out those locations, officials said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a217797e0bba

They were planning for this. They are absolutely planning worse. Fuck Trump, Miller and this entire administration. No, I do not believe Nielsen had a heart of gold.

Last edited:

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was shocked to see Stephen Miller's name pop up as an enthusiastic supporter of this.

Shocked, I say.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I hope that whatever think tank or lobbying firm was planning on giving Eva Braun here a parachute here thinks about this before they do.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that's terrifying it was even contemplated- and that the people holding it back (even for their own shitty reasons) are gone.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that's terrifying it was even contemplated- and that the people holding it back (even for their own shitty reasons) are gone.

It's depressing to think this probably just means Trump is saving this blitzkrieg of arrests for next November to boost his chances of reelection. I can see part of his inner circle--and at least 30 million voters--thinking that officer goose-stepping around and hauling people off into the night, never to be seen again, is a sign of "heroism," and "true American patriotism." Not like that Hitler guy and the SS, who killed people because they were just prejudiced...

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Some Republicans really love nothing more than abusing State power to remove people from their private properties violently.

But only when it's not them.

Straight fascists.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Guess we have to look forward to the "this is fake news!" tweets shortly followed by tweets saying this is exactly what he wanted. So you know, the usual.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Trump supporters where you at? I wanna hear some remorse. I'm begging you, show me you're still human.

They don't care. They voted with a candidate who built a platform on racism and xenophobia because he said he'd drain the swamp... whatever that means.

The attempt to appeal to their humanity is a failure because their humanity is built on the racism and xenophobia that many Americans share.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Trump supporters where you at? I wanna hear some remorse. I'm begging you, show me you're still human.

You'd get an answer like this:

What's the issue here? Do you not believe in borders? Do you not believe that illegal immigrants should be deported, especially when legal immigrants are waiting their turn? It's a damn shame that this involves children, but the blame is on their parents for putting them in this situation instead of immigrating legally. And since some of the cities are sanctuary cities that don't cooperate with ICE, what do you expect Trump to do? Trump is just enforcing the law here, in a scope befitting the scale of the problem.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
lol unless it is a positive Trump economy thread, or a liberal on the forum goes too far and says something extreme that they can jump in for several pages for shaming and use it to prove the people are just as bad on both sides...

...they don't see Trump or Republican racism or general awful plans and policies. Doubt they even click on the thread for this one.

But let's be honest, it's less about ignoring and more about agreeing.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have thoughts about Trump and his administration, that I will keep to myself. I love this forum and won't get perm'd for these creatures. I wish them nothing but ill health and pain. History will remember this admin as a blight on American history.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
The obsession with Republicans/conservatives to spend money on human suffering over improving things like the immigration process or healthcare is truly awe-inspiring.

Acting to spite people you don't know is somehow a better use of the government's time and money than helping them to be productive residents.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I mean I don't think I've ever seen a legit Trumper on ERA. It's not an environment that's friendly to them.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I swear, November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a huge nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
It's just a matter of time then. THIS will go down before his presidency ends, you can count on it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Folks acting like it still can't happen. The people that stopped it the first time are gone, now you got bootlickers and toadies

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep feeding Trump fast food, and keep him as stressed as possible please. Sooner than later hopefully I'll wake up to great news.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
It just gets more and more disgusting. This man is just complete garbage and so is anyone that supports him.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Folks acting like it still can't happen. The people that stopped it the first time are gone, now you got bootlickers and toadies
If he gets reelected it absolutely will. Not like Miller is go anywhere. Then again, maybe he'll predict mass arrests will help him poll favorabily and try it near election anyway.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If Trump supporters are here they absolutely aren't going to speak up 'cause it would likely get them banned, so...

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Every single one of these fuckers is a Nazi or Nazi-apologist. You don't stand with that party without being complicit in this shit.
It is getting to the point that it's the Trump Administration that should be round up, then eventually tried for crimes against humanity. Sure, they didn't do this, but there's still a whole lot of shit they've done to refugees and such. If the whole lot of them get locked away, that would be true justice for the rest of us good people of the world.