doops.

Jun 3, 2020
watch-dogs-pc-game-ubisoft-connect-europe-cover.jpg

KdnqJW.gif
5a03b1b1eba7f5b4af6a976f78afe3a2.gif

8a6300d0c620d88fb0c84c5150a11590b3b61423_hq.gif
source.gif

- What's your favourite game in the series and why?
- What or where would you like them to take the series to in the next installment?
- Did it give you a newfound appreciation for hats and trenchcoats?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw

Last edited:

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
A game that was a victim of its own initial trailer. Don't know what they were thinking. Set insane expectations.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the game a fair bit.

Super

Studied the Buster Sword
Jan 29, 2022
Watch Dogs thread without the legendary E3 trailer?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
First game was basically an open world splinter cell that all things considered, probably shouldn't have been crossgen, and the second was a truly systemic hacking simulator that rewarded the player for thinking outside of the box while also providing still to this day relevant social commentary. Legion was a Clint Hocking game for better or worse.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I really liked 1 and 2, quite a lot

I've yet to play the most recent one

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I did like the first one. Aiden was a jerk but everything else was good.

My memories about Aiden and Deadsec is fuzzy but I remember that when he messed with Deadsec, they were believed to be a mean, dangerous group of people.

Then you arrive in WD2 where Deadsec is a bunch of college kids smoking weed in the basement of an Internet café. I couldn't play as a kid with a gun and completed the game with the yo-yo.

I should play Legion sometimes.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Remember when everyone thought they were teeing this up to be Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed? Turns out they'll never be able to break free of AC.

The first Watch Dogs is fine just got swept up in the new console hype and deceitful reveal trailers.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
I played a bit of the first as it made its way back to PS+ and I feel like I enjoyed it more than any of the time I spent playing 2 or Legion (less than 5 hours each probably.).

Something about the vibe and the presentation just felt more cohesive.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of the people that really enjoyed Watch Dogs 1. It was very stylish, brought some unique mechanics to the open-world genre, looked great and next-gen (even after the downgrade). It didn't over-stay its welcome and wasn't bloated to hell and back. And it had a fun multiplayer mode with hide and seek mechanics. I have very fond memories of the game and would love for a new game in the series to go back to a more mature and focused tone.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Still the best in the trilogy. The whacky mood of the second and 3rd game just aint it

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
I never ended up finishing it but I had a lot of fun with Watch Dogs. I'm one of the like 3 people who played it on Wii U and it was a great substitute for GTA for kid me. Pretty sure it's the only time I ever had to convince my Mam to buy a PEGI 18 game for me. I've got a lot of fond memories of just messing around, playing the multiplayer and exploring the open world. I should really give the other games a shot at some point.

MattyK

Feb 24, 2024
Aiden's story was great, gameplay was solid, but the graphics were a major letdown from the infamous E3 trailer. Still a very enjoyable experience. And boy, time flies, remember just downloading the game on my Xbox One like it was yesterday.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Really average game, but I loved the multiplayer.

GT6 better have some drop in multiplayer for me to enjoy.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I have only played WD2, a really really good game. For what I am reading here and in other Era threads, looks like the first one was also pretty decent despite the graphical issue and the high expectations where Ubi is the only responsible. I should give it a try someday.

Legion seems to be crap

pm1nze5e

Sep 18, 2022
Played all of them, definitely liked WD2 the best, but WD1 was also great. Legion was a fun game, but the character gimmick made the story quite weak, which is what I found most interesting in the previous games.

shiro09

Dec 12, 2023
i sent an nvidia 780 back because the game ran like shit above 30 fps and got the game for ps4 :D

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Such an adequate game! I bought it after absolutely loving Watch Dogs 2 and thought it was just fine. Not nearly as weak as its reputation indicated but nothing special or memorable. I am never going to bother with 3/Legion.

TableManners

Jan 9, 2024
Watch Dogs is pretty good! Great atmosphere, music and dark as fuck story.

Watch Dogs 2 is a masterpiece and probably the best thing Ubisoft has ever done! Fantastic characters, incredible environments and maybe the first time a video game has made the pacifist option the truly correct way to go simply due to the character's personality.

Watch Dogs Legion is fuckin dogshit.

K-putt

Nov 23, 2017
Actually build a proper gaming PC for the first time just for that game. Man was i disappointed in the end. Still a fun game, but just not as fun as my expectation.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
still the best game in the trilogy, and actually one of the more notable Ubi games honestly.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
still the best game in the trilogy, and actually one of the more notable Ubi games honestly.
You could say that WD1 was the first successful case of Ubi's entirely changed design philosophy for the at the time next generation. As well as the industry. At the tail end of the 360/PS3 generation the main trend in AAA games was having super linear game design that would often times induce fail states if the player went off script but with Watch Dogs they directly advertised having dynamic outcomes depending on what the player did which became a super mainstream trend. First and foremost many devs started advertising "You can go stealthily or go loud."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRAzrwRZ-T4

A decade later that's still a staple of open world games.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Those games always annoyed me too much to ever rate them higher than a 7.5, but I still couldn't quit them. The first two were great in their own ways. I got used to Chicago over time and just enjoyed exploring that city. San Francisco was more fun though, they felt like they thought out the story a bit more in that game.

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
I quite liked the world, but my main memory is going looking for the jelly bean thing and then just being like, "... Oh."

Nyaghoggua

Apr 3, 2024
Props to Watch Dogs for featuring such an unlikable protagonist while debuting their new IP. It may be cited as one of the reasons people hated it but I enjoyed it.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Watch Dogs came out at a good time because I still didn't have a whole lot to play on my PS4 during this part of 2014. I enjoyed the game, mostly the stealth and shooting, but it definitely didn't live up to my expectations after the original E3 demo. I vastly preferred Watch Dogs 2 and open world San Fran, and Marcus is one of Ubisoft's best characters.

I have only played WD2, a really really good game. For what I am reading here and in other Era threads, looks like the first one was also pretty decent despite the graphical issue and the high expectations where Ubi is the only responsible. I should give it a try someday.

Legion seems to be crap

Legion had a lot of potential; there were many impressive interiors and ways to infiltrate and exfiltrate hostile areas, and I enjoyed the combat as much as WD1. I also thought the DLC was great: brings back Aiden and Wrench (should've been Marcus, but oh well), and I was impressed with the Assassin's Creed Crossover and how well those missions fit the world and gameplay of Watch Dogs. Probably the closest we'll ever get to an Assassin's Creed set in the present time.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Loved the first two games. Disappointed in the third. I hope the reports of its demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I heard the series is dead, so I will assume no more installments. My favorite one was 2. And I thought 3 was better than most people seem to, maybe because I played the whole game as Aiden so I wasn't playing a generic NPC?

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'll be honest here: I really like the series, and the first game is fun. Aiden is a wet fart but I adore the open-world, the hacking gameplay, and a lot of the side characters. Plus we got Watch Dogs 2 from it which is one of the best open world games out there.

Risitas

May 13, 2022
I really enjoyed WD1, sure it wasn't the game shown at E3 but it was still really enjoyable and I miss all those GTA-like games.
I remember really liking the story, the only thing I hate about this game is how bad driving feels.
I hate everything about the two other games

Mr.Adele

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
The game was good, could be great. They really should make a Watch Dogs 3 with similar production values to GTA5/6, it would be huge.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Although I liked it, it's a shame it didn't live up to its massive potential. This game could've been somewhat GTA-level (with way better gameplay) if it wasn't for the downgrade and some other choices. They had everyone rooting for this game.

Nov 23, 2023
I've never played any of these games because from the trailers and gameplay they seem like they're made of the most boring parts of other Ubisoft games. Everything about them is just stuff I don't personally like, especially the aesthetics.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Got this game for $5 a couple months after launch and the only things I remember are jokes about the iconic hat and some trippy minigame where you turn into a giant mech spider.

DaretheJackal

Oct 29, 2017
I'm enjoying Watch Dogs! The hacking stuff is awesome, really adds a different layer to things. Chicago looks great too. Just gotta get used to the driving a bit, feels kinda floaty