Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
How is the performance and visuals in general? I've heard not so great things so far, so I'm curious.
Performance is ok. Seems like a solid 30fps. At one point I had really bad hitching when I switched to another character on my team, but it went away after about 10 seconds and it hasn't happened since.

Visuals in general are very nice I think. It's a very bright and colorful game like WD2.

Got my copy for PS4 but gonna wait for my PS5 before I play, this is free upgrade right?
Yep!

Sterba

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this. Loved WD2 but have been unsure on this so far. But a month of Ubisoft+(Uplay+) will absolutely be worth it to check this and Valhalla out.

Edit: Has there been any footage or details about the HD Texture pack for PC? Tried searching myself and haven't found anything, so unsure if I wanna bother downloading it or not.

Oct 14, 2019
Performance is ok. Seems like a solid 30fps. At one point I had really bad hitching when I switched to another character on my team, but it went away after about 10 seconds and it hasn't happened since.

Visuals in general are very nice I think. It's a very bright and colorful game like WD2.

Thanks! I'm waiting on reviews still, but will check it out if they catch my interest again.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
based on what I've seen of preview streams and what I heard about PC performance, it's looking like a solid 7 for me tbh

not very excited at all unless the reviews are glowing

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
decided to buy this game after seeing the new videos, does anyone think the old trip to New Zealand on xbox will unlock the game early?

OP
OP
Tiny Hawk

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
On my PS4 it says it comes out in 23 hours (currently it's 10pm when I'm posting this so that'd be 9 PM tomorrow I think).
Huh, weird. The official launch times sheet Ubisoft made just has 12:01am local time as the launch time for all platforms. If it's out early, it's out early. Thanks for letting me know, I'll update the OT with that info.

OP
OP
Tiny Hawk

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Looks like the PS4 / XBONE versions are launching earlier than what Ubisoft said (atleast on the west coast).

Zp0UqND.png

EDIT: NVM, it's not early. It's right on time. My bad.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
You can unlock Marcus's jacket and Aiden's ballcap through Uplay Connect. Once you aquire a new piece of clothes anyone on your team can wear it. There is an inner and outer layer for the tops so you can buy and equip any shirt with any jacket for example. Some jackets even have options for them being open to buttoned up. There are stores all over London that sell very different kinds of clothes so if you want to go all out customizing your team you can dedfinitely do that.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Gorgeous OT. Only 24 hours to go!
tenor.gif
What a perfect gif. Love that movie, lol. If I could name my main character, I would def make them Zero Cool and if I had a female, it'd be Acid Burn. :p

Can't wait for this game! Loved the first one, but skipped the 2nd. I'm ready for more Watch Dogs action now. Less than 24 hours! :D

Dec 5, 2017
You can unlock Marcus's jacket and Aiden's ballcap through Uplay Connect. Once you aquire a new piece of clothes anyone on your team can wear it. There is an inner and outer layer for the tops so you can buy and equip any shirt with any jacket for example. Some jackets even have options for them being open to buttoned up. There are stores all over London that sell very different kinds of clothes so if you want to go all out customizing your team you can dedfinitely do that.
Awwww yeah iconic cap confirmed. I'm going to make every single person wear that dumb piece of shit.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Wait Big Ben can be explored? Confirmed? My kids are huge huge BB nerds... might pick it up for a virtual tour 👀

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
They´ve delayed the game for 6months and still have features like online mode and invasion coming later? this GaaS rollout stuff is highly annoying.

How is it a GaaS? Just because content is added on after the fact does not make it GaaS. This is no more a GaaS than WD2 was.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
My review score prediction is between 7 and 8. Overall impressions will be that game offers interesting mechanic that gets boring fast with mediocre story, repetitive mission design and clash of serious story parts and totally silly tone of the characters you are playing with. And I expect to see reviewers recommend playing with perma-deat on to make things more interesting.

How is it a GaaS? Just because content is added on after the fact does not make it GaaS. This is no more a GaaS than WD2 was.

Every Ubisoft AAA game released in past 3-4 years is considered to be GaaS title.

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My review score prediction is between 7 and 8. Overall impressions will be that game offers interesting mechanic that gets boring fast with mediocre story, repetitive mission design and clash of serious story parts and totally silly tone of the characters you are playing with. And I expect to see reviewers recommend playing with perma-deat on to make things more interesting.

Every Ubisoft AAA game released in past 3-4 years is considered to be GaaS title.
That sounds way worse than a 7 or an 8 🤷‍♂️

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
There are no actual shops that you can move around in, right? Another thing that bothers me compared to WD2.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep forgetting it's out this week, but nice thread OP! I'll pick this up sometime down the line, likely during a good sale.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds way worse than a 7 or an 8 🤷‍♂️

I put that score there because that is what is Ubisoft targeting for a long time now with their games. And reviewers mostly agree with that.

Then you're really stretching the definition of what a GaaS title is. Single player Ubisoft games are not GaaS, they are games with post launch updates and expansions. Division is GaaS.

And what's the difference between The Division 2 and AC Odyssey? They both were getting free and paid content over the years, patches and additional MTX items. And on top of that Ubisoft itself said that their goal is to make people play their games as long as possible with support of updates and new content. Why do you think that we see Year 1 content in their games more and more (including WD Legion and AC Valhalla)?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any info what happens to Prestige Operatives you bought in the ingame Store on Permadeath? Are they also lost forever or just incapacitated for a time?

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
My copy from TGC shipped yesterday, hoping it'll arrive today I cannot wait to play this.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
And what's the difference between The Division 2 and AC Odyssey? They both were getting free and paid content over the years, patches and additional MTX items. And on top of that Ubisoft itself said that their goal is to make people play their games as long as possible with support of updates and new content. Why do you think that we see Year 1 content in their games more and more (including WD Legion and AC Valhalla)?
The Division, and games like Rainbow Six Siege or Destiny are built around a seasonal content model and retaining players for a long time through battle passes, activities and rewards associated with them. There is no such loop in Odyssey, there is no seasonal content, no content refresh, whats there will always be there, you do not gain anything for playing it every day and grinding it with every update. I would not consider a game a service just based on the fact that it receives post launch support.

But this is probably a discussion for another thread at this point.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The Division, and games like Rainbow Six Siege or Destiny are built around a seasonal content model and retaining players for a long time through battle passes, activities and rewards associated with them. There is no such loop in Odyssey, there is no seasonal content, no content refresh, whats there will always be there, you do not gain anything for playing it every day and grinding it with every update. I would not consider a game a service just based on the fact that it receives post launch support, Ghost of Tsushima or Doom Eternal are not GaaS either.

But this is probably a discussion for another thread at this point.

Fun fact WD2 had seasonal content. Origins had weekly challenges and Odyssey had weekly challenges. And yes you got rewards for those.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I have the game pre ordered on PS4, but may just sub to uplay+ to play the PC version until I have the PS5. I am really curious about the concept and I liked the first 2 games but im legit cOnCeRnEd that it might not be a not so good game with a few great ideas

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Have a key for this from buying either a 3080 or a Ryzen CPU - can't remember which (also got an AC:Valhalla key for the other one in the combo). Never played a WD or AC game so I'm a bit curious to see how they are

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Game is finally here!
Never seemed interested by the previous two entries, except back at the famous gameplay Watch Dogs reveal way back then, but this one being set in London is a no-brainer this time.

Will play it on next-gen consoles sometime next year.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I have the game pre ordered on PS4, but may just sub to uplay+ to play the PC version until I have the PS5. I am really curious about the concept and I liked the first 2 games but im legit cOnCeRnEd that it might not be a not so good game with a few great ideas

Way too much other stuff coming out to be spending launch day money on this or Valhalla. If you've got a good PC subbing a month in November to play both is a no brainer. If you want to keep it you can buy it again in a few months for like 20 bucks each.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Great OT! If it reviews wellI'll get it after finishing Spidey and Valhalla. I can't handle that many open-world games at once..

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Would like to know that too.

Same with season pass characters. 🤔

Fantastic OT by the way.

Asked on Reddit, and someone there answered, that they Die like all other Characters. Kinda sucks if thats really the case. At least they only kill you if you start going in guns blazing and the enemies switch to lethal weapons, Otherwise you just get to Hospital.