• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Skull & Bones at #4 makes no sense whatsoever. If it were a full on pirate game with on land combat + naval combat then I could understand, but how many people are really that thirsty for this game for it to be #4 most anticipated?

Well, Eurogamer said it was the game they had the most fun with at E3. Seems people really liked what they played.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I sort of am, depends on if it has any Yu Yu Hakusho characters or not...

Dragonball xenoverse is a very popular game. And this seems to take that formula and gameplay and add a bunch of other characters. It'll do very well

Pssst, many people are including myself.

Pass it on.

Color me surprised. It's from the same developers as J Stars Victory Vs, which was ultimately ignored. This is essentially a sequel to Victory Vs, so I was expecting the same to happen.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Not doubting that it could potentially be a good game but the list is for most anticipated and frankly there doesn't seem to be that much hype for Skull & Bones. Just seems weird to see it that high on the list.
That's the thing. There is hype you just aren't in the right place for it. You'd think that the hype for ghost recon or far cry 5 was nonexistent yet they came and blew he doors off because the people hyped for it aren't gonna be on the internet or message boards

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Can't be too upset. It's just a list. But Ori and Control below Jump Force? Sekiro below Skull & Bones? Other than that it's fine.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
My out of touch with the mass market self is very confused why Skull and Bones is on the list at all, let alone above Sekiro

2019 is gonna be a good year

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Not a bad list. Not sure there's that much hype for Jump Force though.
For my taste, only RE2 and Sekiro have really caught my attention. And I'm mildly curious about Skull & Bones.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's the thing. There is hype you just aren't in the right place for it. You'd think that the hype for ghost recon or far cry 5 was nonexistent yet they came and blew he doors off because the people hyped for it aren't gonna be on the internet or message boards

Ghost Recon and Far Cry are established franchises so those are odd examples to use. People were always going to buy those games regardless. Anthem is a new IP as well and has way more hype than Skull & Bones and yet it's not even on the list. Like, I'm just not seeing the excitement for Skull and Bones. Who's really fiending for a naval combat game?

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
Once Metroid is confirmed for 2019, it's jumping to the top of my list. For now that honor falls to KH3.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I couldn't possibly be more hyped for Resident Evil 2. They could have just done the "easy" thing and made it in the REmake HD engine and few would have found fault with that but instead Capcom has gone above and beyond the call. It will be really hard for anything next year to top that for me, but I'm more than happy for others to try.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
1. Gears 5
2. Devil May Cry 5
3. Kingdom Hearts 3
4. Sekiro Shadows Die Twice

Those Will be Day one For me

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's too early to have a list like this, but for what we currently know, it's not a bad list.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Strenge for them showing
the #1 in the video thumbnail

Agree with the top spot, my list includes Days Gone + Anthem instead of Skull & Bones + Crackdown 3

Oct 27, 2017
The perpetual hype gaming culture exists in staggers me. We're still in the summer of 2018 and we're already putting this kind of list together

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Good that Anthem isn't there. No one looked at Bioware last gen and thought "hmm yes I want a shared-world TPS from the guys that made Baldur's Gate!".

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Wow I might only be buying two from that list. DMC5 and Sekiro. Anthem and The Division 2 are missing for me. Maybe Rage 2

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Of all the game mentioned Ori is my most anticipated game.. probably ahead of Gears 5.. I might just have to get an X...

Outside of those two games I cant say any of these games are for me.. I kind of wish I could play KH3 but I have tried to play the first one but it's so darn... not funny.

Not really a RE fan, Sekiorn and DMC V is no my type of games either. Hopefully there's going to be more games to my taste revealed as 2019 release... lou 2, Doom eternal and so forth.. hopefully MP4 as well. I'm hopeful for next year, still not really in to the big guns so far confirmed,

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
From what's confirmed, definitely agree with number 1, that's about it though.
I'm far more excited for possible 2019 games than anything announced so far.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My top ten -

10. Code Vein
09. Anthem
08. Control
07. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
06. Gears 5
05. REmake2
04. The Division 2
03. Metro Exodus
02. Rage 2
01. Days Gone

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
That is one glorious top 5... except for Skull & Bones because I have no idea what the fuck that is.

edit: CapGods keep winning.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by this list, 2019 doesn't sound exciting at all lol