hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
Woof, you all weren't kidding with the audio peaking in 258. I have to keep the sound really low to guard my ears.

Also I got the first ad on Waypoint for a very long time and it was for the right wing conservative party in Norway. The prime minister talked to me on Waypoint.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno if i can take listening to austin crap on astral chain lol. but i do want control a lot more after hearing rob and patrick rave about it, even if I kind of think it just sounds like SCP the video game

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sterling Cooper & Partners?

also I haven't played Astral Chain but Austin's thoughts on it seem to reflect everything I've seen in the footage. So I'm just going to believe he's right, and also ACAB so I wasn't that interested to begin with. Yay confirmation bias!

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I've seen the acronym SCP used a few times about Control and I have no idea what it is lol. Googled and it looks like some creepypasta thing?

It's a collection of short stories, articles, documentations of various paranormal objects, individuals, places and events submitted by a community of writers.

This video explains it quite well

Sep 12, 2018

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the acronym SCP used a few times about Control and I have no idea what it is lol. Googled and it looks like some creepypasta thing?
Also, feel free to drop by the SCP OT:
www.resetera.com

Era's very first SCP (Secure, Contain, Protect) thread: What are your favorites?

It's a bit late for scary stuff because we missed Halloween, but it's never too late to post and talk about your favorite SCPs! I'll start with one of my favorites: SCP-504! For beginners or people who do know about The SCP Foundation and all of it's glory: I'd recommend people check out...

Oct 27, 2017
(First 15 minutes of Control)
WHen Rob was convinced that the layout of the game was changing on him I'm surprised he didn't notice (or remember)

That literally one of the first things that happens in the game is it fucking around with spatial awareness. You go enter into the lobby, go upstairs to a balcony, go through some corridors and wind up back on the same balcony, but it's different now, the hallway you came from is gone.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing Austin's unbridled joy over Deduesday is a true delight

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin gradually getting more & more hype for Control the longer Patrick & Rob detailed it was great & echoes how I've felt as I learned more about the game myself. I'd never heard about the SCP Foundation stuff until just recently, but I'll definitely check some of it out. Still looking forward to Astral Chain, but honestly when it comes to things that draw inspiration from sources like Ghost In The Shell, I'm VERY easy to please.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Well Control just went from 'that looks interesting' to 'dammit, I need this game'.

Austin gradually getting more & more hype for Control the longer Patrick & Rob detailed it was great & echoes how I've felt as I learned more about the game myself. I'd never heard about the SCP Foundation stuff until just recently, but I'll definitely check some of it out. Still looking forward to Astral Chain, but honestly when it comes to things that draw inspiration from sources like Ghost In The Shell, I'm VERY easy to please.

This was the exact same as me through the first half hour of the pod. This is like SCP mixed with Twin Peaks, mixed with Lost and I need it now.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
SCP can be real hit or miss, but there's some good stuff in there. You're just gonna keep clicking and clicking those links, though...

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
After hearing Austin's take on Astral Chain on the podcast, it really reminds me of Gravity Rush. Astral Chain just seems like a Vita game in general to me. Simplified combat system, more padding than is probably necessary, repetitive environments, and like the first Gravity Rush, it doesn't answer the central question in the story.

Realizing that to me feels like a breakthrough. I finally figured out why this disappoints me so much, lol.

I should really just get Bayonetta 1 + 2 and wait for an Astral Chain discount.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
SCP can be real hit or miss, but there's some good stuff in there. You're just gonna keep clicking and clicking those links, though...

Yeah, I've never really loved SCP on it's own. But some things that have tried to reference it, or youtube shows that have tried to play off it have worked well. The idea is awesome, but the execution is just way too all over the place to really enjoy it as a whole.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
ANNO: Mutationem apparently uses SCP. Chinese-made, looks really stylish, have no idea about the release date though. Trailer

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I've only been able to listen to the first 30 minutes of the most recent podcast, but BOY this conversation makes me want to play Control more than any other coverage I've seen of this game anywhere.

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
Curious how I'll feel about Astral Chain when I get my copy versus how Austin describes it in his review and on the recent pod. Also want to check out Control but Humble is having issues with key distribution

So I guess I'll stick with FFXIV like I have been since freaking July. I really just need to write some words about it because I went from post-ARR to Heavensward to Stormblood and just got into Shadowbringers this past week. There is so much going on that I need to get it off my chest, positive and negative.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to Austin talk specifically about his gameplay issues with Astral Chain reminded me quite a bit of his primary issue with Horizon: Zero Dawn, where he just stuck with one build that worked for him and the game stagnated as a result. I didn't have that issue with H:ZD, so I'm not sure if that specific criticism will be something that holds me back here.

What does keep me away is the hold Control has over me. I wish they talked more about it, but there's thematic stuff in the game's first 30 minutes that works just well as Alan Wake's opening 30 minutes (if not better).

The moment you picked up the "Service Weapon" and it began literally talking to you was the moment I knew I'd love this game. It's nailed this surrealist horror tone that I've never seen in a game before.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Listening to Austin talk specifically about his gameplay issues with Astral Chain reminded me quite a bit of his primary issue with Horizon: Zero Dawn, where he just stuck with one build that worked for him and the game stagnated as a result. I didn't have that issue with H:ZD, so I'm not sure if that specific criticism will be something that holds me back here.

What does keep me away is the hold Control has over me. I wish they talked more about it, but there's thematic stuff in the game's first 30 minutes that works just well as Alan Wake's opening 30 minutes (if not better).

The moment you picked up the "Service Weapon" and it began literally talking to you was the moment I knew I'd love this game. It's nailed this surrealist horror tone that I've never seen in a game before.
I didn't realize that Control was weird and surreal until like two days ago and now I really want it. I thought it was more of a straightforward thriller shooter thingy. I'll probably swing back around in December when that PS4 performance patch has hopefully been released.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Cado talks like every Destiny fan.

Cado: "Bungie made the game super-grindy and made a bunch of changes to piss off the community. You have to grind like 20 hours for one new weapon."

Rob: "So that doesn't sound very fun"

Cado: "Whhhhhhhhhaaaaaatttttt? It's the best game ever!"

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Woof, you all weren't kidding with the audio peaking in 258. I have to keep the sound really low to guard my ears.

Also I got the first ad on Waypoint for a very long time and it was for the right wing conservative party in Norway. The prime minister talked to me on Waypoint.

Yeah, that sucked. Danielle's audio was terrible unfortunately.

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
latest

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they say something about a patch ASAP, cause... yeah, sounding worse and worse.

If not, guess I'll have Amazon just refund me for the air filled envelope they inexplicably sent me, instead of replacing it.

And then actually order computer parts this week, I guess.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Anybody who listens to both Waypoint and the Giant Bombcast notice that this week Austin mentioned playing through a chunk of Remnant: From the Ashes with Brad... but Brad didn't mention playing the game at all?

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing Austin get excited about Control got me to pull the trigger on it. Playing through it and it's a game that is practically made for Austin. Playing it on base PS4 and yeah the performance isn't great, but it hasn't happened often enough to really bother me.