• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
http://deadline.com/2017/10/lethal-...ver-richard-donner-at-warner-bros-1202196260/

EXCLUSIVE: It looks like the band just might back together. Deadline hears that Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Richard Donner are all huddling on the possibility of doing another film for the the Lethal Weapon franchise. In the scenario we've heard Donner would direct and Channing Gibson (Lethal Weapon 4) would script. There are many moving parts, but we've heard that all are on board and exploring another film. It would move forward, of course, at Warner Bros., the studio that has brought audiences four in the franchise. The buddy action comedy was a major hit for the studio under the Bob Daly, Terry Semel regime when it first launched in 1987 and together the four have pulled in $955.2M worldwide. The last one was released in 1998. The film also spawned a TV series as well.

Fuck you, Donner! Grab Shane Black's LW5 script.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
RIGGS!!! Glad to see one of my favorite franchises ever making a comeback in the silver screen. The TV series is nice enough, but no one plays crazy like Gibson.

There is already a 5th one, though.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
A Scullibundo thread about a new Lethal Weapon movie?

Now that is how you make me feel right at home on day one of the new site.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Surprised they haven't tried to remake it with different actors, does Donner always have first dibs?

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want to be excited for this, but Gibson is going to make me cringe the whole time.

I'm more worried about Glover, seemed like he had barely a voice in Shooter or was that just him acting or recovering from an illness. Can't remember anything else in recent years.

Gibson was fine in Blood Father, the first film in ages I've seen him in.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Glover is literally too old for this shit though.
giphy.gif

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
4 ended so perfectly tho. But I will obviously be there day one if they get everybody back together. I've missed donner

Ideally shane black would write it tho for sure

OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
4 ended so perfectly tho. But I will obviously be there day one if they get everybody back together. I've missed donner

Ideally shane black would write it tho for sure
Already confirmed in the article it's one of the writers from LW4.

I dunno, man. Last time Donner pitched his LW5 it was some bullshit about Riggs and Murtaugh going on a family camping trip.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah! Please do them! I freaking love all four LW films! Unlike, say Rush Hour 3, there's no black sheep in this franchise!

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You know, I think the first is the only one of actual quality. But, I enjoy the whole series. Never ventured into "total shit" territory like Die Hard. So, whatever. I'd watch crazy old man Gibson blow fuckers away for a couple of hours.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Man I'd be down. But these dudes are old. Glover sounds like gravel crunching.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
Chris Rock, who played Danny Glover's son-in-law, is now older than Danny Glover was in the first film.

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched these movies so many times as a kid, but I feel weird about Gibson now.

Heard the TV show was good though.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blood Father was absolutely fucking fantastic and I can't recommend it more. Don't overlook that gem. Mel Gibson absolutely still has it.

Oct 25, 2017
Gibson has done some shitty things in recent years, but he was fucking perfect for Riggs.

Imagine someone like Jai Courtney in this scene...