HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017

THIS SONG. I love all the variations that play in the game as well. It just oozes adventure and charm, and sums up everything amazing with Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Even at 1:52 there's a sense of dread and anxiety.

Will Kirby be able to save the Waddle Dees!? Stay tuned!!!

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
This song would be the soundtrack to my dog frolicking in a field and making friends with a fox and a family of toads or some shit. It's amazing.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda can't relate to how some people lose their shit over VGM
I mean… it's just music? Like, VGM spans everything from "gamey" to straight up Pop, some Classical sounding pieces, Opera, Electronic.. this would be like saying you can't relate to people losing it over any music.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
The soundtrack wasn't bad, but I wouldn't really put it up as high as the OP did for the past year.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game is so good in every aspect, it should be the most recommended holiday game, hope it doesn't get forgotten by year's end.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Its kind of repetitive for something that plays for half an hour at a time. I think the old 2d games were better in this regard.
The take on King Dedede's theme is more interesting

Kinda can't relate to how some people lose their shit over VGM

I don't think someone posting about something they like is "Losing their shit"?

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
The whole soundtrack is amazing.

My favorite personally is Through the tunnel. That flute breakdown is amazing.

wolfshirt

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles

THIS SONG. I love all the variations that play in the game as well. It just oozes adventure and charm, and sums up everything amazing with Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Even at 1:52 there's a sense of dread and anxiety.

Will Kirby be able to save the Waddle Dees!? Stay tuned!!!

I'm sure the game is great but.. the track is basic as hell.

If you told me this was music to Rune Factory or something I would believe you

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
The song in the OP is good and has a nice whimsical adventure feel so I can see where you're coming from, but for me, it's not even Kirby 64 Crystal Shards-good. Which is still the pinnacle of Kirby music. Now that's a game with a soundtrack that is fantastic from start to finish.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The best Kirby soundtracks are in Super Star, Dream Land 3, and 64: The Crystal Shards, but the music in Forgotten Land is fine and good, like most Kirby soundtracks. (I'm about halfway through right now.)

I'm more impressed with the opening theme song. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with this anime opening after the intro stage because it sure wasn't in the demo!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I've gotta agree with some replies though, I don't really care for the opening stage's theme that much. The soundtrack picked up quickly after with Through the Tunnel later in World 1 though, and kept up in quality throughout the whole game.

Another one of my favourites is Abandoned Beach, the first level from World 2. It was one of Jun Ishikawa's (long-time HAL composer, worked on Kirby since the beginning) contributions to this game, and it's great. A few of his other tracks have already been posted here, even (the aformentioned Through the Tunnel; and Burning, Churning Power Plant). Obviously this one has the Float Islands leitmotif, but it really hits those Aqua Star vibes too; he composed both and this is another beach level theme so that's only natural I guess.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Im losing my shit over the music from 2022 games thus far. Elden Ring, OlliOlli, Tunic are already a solid top 3 shit-losers for me.
Haven't got around to Kirby or Pokemon etc, but they seem good too.

Last edited:

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The best Kirby soundtracks are in Super Star, Dream Land 3, and 64: The Crystal Shards, but the music in Forgotten Land is fine and good, like most Kirby soundtracks. (I'm about halfway through right now.)

I'm more impressed with the opening theme song. I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with this anime opening after the intro stage because it sure wasn't in the demo!

I can't unhear the Perfect Strangers Theme song

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy it while you can

Return of the king
nintendo-switch-sports-cover.cover_large.jpg

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I need to get to Forgotten Land ASAP.

I have a bunch of Kirby games I haven't played so I thought I'd go through them. Currently playing Adventure Wii (Return to Dreamland in NA) and it's cool and chill. Maybe I should just buy the new one first though and go back to these older ones after…

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Meh. I've heard better kirby music than whats in the op.

The song in the OP is good and has a nice whimsical adventure feel so I can see where you're coming from, but for me, it's not even Kirby 64 Crystal Shards-good. Which is still the pinnacle of Kirby music. Now that's a game with a soundtrack that is fantastic from start to finish.

OP posted one of the weaker songs in the game. The music is nice for the first two worlds but absolutely gets crazy good from Wondaria on.

The following are the real deal. They actually show how diverse the soundtrack can get, yet still sound awesome.

I particulalrly love how the theme park song sounds so depressing in the middle. They perfectly encapsulated the "ruined fun land" theme going on.

Last edited:

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Also, Northeast Frost Street is absolutely up there in the pantheon of Ice Level music alongside the likes of PM64's Shiver Mountain, DKC's Black Ice Battle and Ice Cap Zone. There's not a part of it that's not amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best things about Forgotten Land is that it gave us all a new Kirby tune to get stuck in our heads. That they decided to use the tune as a motif makes it even more of an earworm. Add it to the decades of great tunes from the franchise, starting all the way back with Dream Land and Adventure.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Also, Northeast Frost Street is absolutely up there in the pantheon of Ice Level music alongside the likes of PM64's Shiver Mountain, DKC's Black Ice Battle and Ice Cap Zone. There's not a part of it that's not amazing.

Yes, its just so good. This song just draws me into that Winter state of mind.