Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I think we're actually going to see Biden be the first one to break decorum and actually, properly stand up to Trump. The last peg is his distorted self-image of himself as an alpha male big bad bully that he got to feed thanks to everyone stridently playing by the old rules during the last go-round.

Like seriously, when he interjects to say, "Wrong!" or whatever just say, "Shut up and wait your turn, you stupid child" and shut him down on the last avenue for appealing to his idiot base he has left. Make it very clear that he is not in charge, he is not intimidating, and no one is interested in taking his bullshit for four more miserable years.

DarkJ

Nov 11, 2017
Watch Trump speak in the 2016 debates compared to now. The dude has lost a lot of mental acuity. Trump 2020 makes Trump 2016 look like an actual stable genius.

Biden stutters and gaffes but Trump is almost incoherent sometimes.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Trump can't string along a sentence without repeating himself 47 times so there's that. He is the most annoying person to ever listen to. Will probs listen to Hasan talk about it and have the actual debate on low.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope that Trump is confronted on his lies that have been recorded, and they actually cut to the audio in question. He needs to be embarrassed by Chris Wallace in this way.

Letting him get away with "fake news/hoax/wrong" is what he coasted with in the 2016 election because he was seen as a meme to the media. This debates should be something to make him uncomfortable, every moment.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
It won't matter. Media will let Trump lie so he'll win because results are based on media coverage. The actual substance of the debate is meaningless.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
people REALLY overestimate trump's ability to speak. he's only in his element at his rallies. have you ever seen one? he just get's up there and talks shit for an hour. it's like a bad standup special. that literally won't work at all in a debate setting unless the moderators are FOX hosts.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I hope Biden does well, but I won't watch them. I've had my fill of Trump's bullshit for a long time now, I'm not looking to listen to him boast about his 'tremendous' intellect and lie his ass off for an hour+.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm gonna make myself watch but I'm not looking forward to it. It's gonna be painful. I just hope Biden can land a zinger or two. The thought of seeing that much Trump at once.... nooo

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I don't see a purpose in watching it. Nothing in this debate is going to effect the election unless Biden faints or somehow says something horrifyingly terrible.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Can't stand to hear Trump speak. His voice makes my blood boil.

I'll just read the transcript when it's available.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Biden's going to kick his ass. Probably not literally. But it's going to be a complete disaster for Trump who's going to be rambling and spreading plain as day nonsense the entire night.

Having said that, it'll change nothing as for as the polls/election go. There are no more undecideds. MAYBE if there are seriously still people out there who firmly believe Biden has dementia and aren't voting for him because of that, they'll see he's perfectly fine and change, but honestly, it doesn't matter if the election is today or November, the outcome will be the same.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trump will look like a cry baby, Biden will look like an adult, certain pundits will call it a victory for neither side

PlateOfShrimp

Apr 16, 2020
I can't believe it's that soon. I'll probably watch because I hate reading the analyses that come out, and i want to make sure Biden does well. I also think it'll be interesting to see how Biden handles Trump.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pointless. Whose mind is this going to change at this point?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely no expectations. People will just see whatever they want to see in their candidates, and I don't know how much these things sway votes anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
They're utterly irrelevant. Biden should've demanded real time fact checkers be present to call Trump out on all the bs as a condition for even having the debates in the first place.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
I looked forward to the debates in 2016 and watched every single one. This time... idk I fucking despise listening to Trump speak at this point. But I will probably muster the courage to watch at least the first one.

For what its worth I think Biden will do well, he pulls of the macho masculinity persona much better than Trump does and I think it will be more noticeable than his incompetence vs. Hillary.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
people REALLY overestimate trump's ability to speak. he's only in his element at his rallies. have you ever seen one? he just get's up there and talks shit for an hour. it's like a bad standup special. that literally won't work at all in a debate setting unless the moderators are FOX hosts.
"Fox News' Chris Wallace will moderate the first debate."
Lol
No Chris is actually fine but I thought it was funny.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I won't watch it cause I can't stand hearing Trump talk for long periods of time but I'm looking forward to reading about how he fucked up the most basic stuff.

toadsworth

Oct 25, 2017
Took next wednesday off because i plan on getting belligerently drunk watching and yelling at the tv

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Biden will dunk on Trump, the next day Trump says he won in front of his cult.

Polls favor Biden but Trump says fake news and still pushes his plan to rig the election.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Hillary won every debate and she still lost. So I don't think the debates have a big impact on election results.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I expect a few slip ups with Biden that'll be exploited by Fox News and other right wing publications.

Trump will be noticeably worse, he always is, but his base will eat it up; they always do.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No way in hell I'm watching. For my own mental health.
Heh, same. I'll painfully wince at highlights on the news the next day.

Honestly I hope the pressure is too much for Trump's body and/or ego to handle and he crumbles in one or more ways. He's never challenged in a way he can't escape or bail out and he's also terrified of confrontation with the enemies he rage tweets about on a daily basis. You've seen how he can't meet Barrack in the eyes.
Trump gonna back out last minute. You heard it here, folks.
I think this is a big possibility too. He might already be looking for some dumbass excuse that his base will eat up.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
For my own sake, I'm not going to watch. I might even avoid social media that night. I know who I'm voting for already. The debates won't change that. The only thing they'll do is give fuel to each side, undoubtedly exploited the most by outlets like Fox and ones that lean much further right than even they do.

I just wish it was January already so this can all be finished, for better or... worse.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
The way Trump is constantly slurring his speech in his rallies, I don't see he's gonna come out looking good in these debates.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
User banned (1 month): armchair diagnosis of Alzheimer’s
Trump is an idiot, Biden appears to have Alzheimer's. Not sure I bought enough popcorn.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I'm actually fine with Biden, but considering the stakes, I'm kind of extremely worried someTHING, any THING could happen that might give that cheeto ass another 4 years.

Caddywompus

Mar 10, 2018
Exactly people saying a debate matters anymore are crazy
80 million people still watched that debate. It was just Hillary handled those debates so poorly, leaving people thinking they're both terrible choices. Biden will have the spotlight on him and can either really help her hurt him during these debates. He has a chance to really separate how people who don't pay attention to politics 24/7 perceive him versus what little they know of Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
I think Biden will do fine. Wallace as a moderator gives me some hope because he has already shown to fact-check Trump in real-time, especially on stuff on Biden. Trump will make an ass of himself, as always. I do think Trump will perform more erratic while Biden will be confident and collected. Since this time it isn't a woman, Trump can't be "imposing".

But in the end, the debates won't turn the needle. Everyone's already made up their minds at this point, I feel.