• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tintskuecha

Oct 25, 2017
I keep hoping it'll come any day now.... Yeah there's no hope for millennials, maybe next generation will get a cure

Bluelote

Oct 27, 2017
I know nothing about building rockets, but they look like relatively simple devices (obviously figuring out the details to control it properly is not easy), biology is more of a mystery... for now

I once remember someone saying that so many rich men being bald put their money in perspective, like there are many obvious problems money can't solve.
(I know transplant is a thing, but it's not really a proper solution to the problem, it doesn't work well on all cases)

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
618t2qie4kl._ul1500_n2psa.png
LOL. That's perfect.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
There is a cure, it's called embracing your shiny dome while said men land on theirs. If you look at it like that you're almost like an astronaut of baldness.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grow a goatee or beard. If you go bald and you're clean shaven it looks...I dunno but just look at Kratos or Walter White or Jason Statham.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
We haven't landed a man on the moon since 1972 (and never once a woman). Kinda funny how "putting a man on the Moon" is such a milestone of technological progress when its last instance was 46 years ago...

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Well, we know what causes MPB and how to prevent it, the issue is that once the follicle is dead, its dead. There's no bringing it back.

Is this true though? I mean, that's what I thought as well, but I saw this video on Vox that said the follicles generally aren't dead, they're just dormant and can't grow by themselves after a while. But they can be stimulated into growing again.

Then again, it was a Vox video, so...

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're just meant to be bald. Can't fight nature. It always finds a way...

Geirskogul

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this true though? I mean, that's what I thought as well, but I saw this video on Vox that said the follicles generally aren't dead, they're just dormant and can't grow by themselves after a while. But they can be stimulated into growing again.

Then again, it was a Vox video, so...

DHT cuts off blood flow to the follicles, which causes them to go dormant for a while, but they will ultimately die completely if there is no medical intervention. It's why it's important to be proactive; finasteride and minoxidil can reverse recent hair loss with great success because the follicles are simply dormant, but if the hair has been gone for several years, then it's likely gone for good.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Rogaine and nizoral brought my hair back, I was thinning out a bit on top now shit is back to 100.

I avoided finasteride up until this point and haven't needed it, will use if I start to thin out again.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nor can everyone actually get ripped. Lots of people don't have the genetics for that kind of build.
The vast majority of people can get big and ripped with the right diet and training program. It just takes a lot of time and effort. The only thing that differs is stuff like insertions which doesn't mean much to anyone aside from the most obsessive aesthetic bodybuilders.

Oct 30, 2017
My hair is thin, I have a bald spot but in my 30s I get laid way more than I did ever when I was single and in the best shape of my life. I'd love to have my hair back, but I'll take the sex instead.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of people can get big and ripped with the right diet and training program. It just takes a lot of time and effort. The only thing that differs is stuff like insertions which doesn't mean much to anyone aside from the most obsessive aesthetic bodybuilders.

I wish I knew what it was like to be able to gain weight or tone. My body hasn't been able to accumulate mass of any kind in about 15 years. 135 is pretty much my weight cap, so once my hair is gone my body is pretty much fucked.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I started early balding in my early 20's. It's pretty unbelievable. I'm 32 and have a bald spot on the back of my head, but still have hair in the front so it doesn't seem too bad. It shocked me when I learned I had this as early as 23 too...I never knew back then.

Oct 30, 2017
Yep. I used to see a dermatologist for my hair back when I was a more frequent actor than I am now, and he kept trying to write me prescriptions for 1mg finasteride. It was like $300 a goddamn bottle. The 5mg trick is so much more manageable.

Speaking of which, nothing is more ironic than a bald dermatologist trying to argue that hair loss isn't something to worry about.

You can get the 1mg generic now. It is much cheaper.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I knew what it was like to be able to gain weight or tone. My body hasn't been able to accumulate mass of any kind in about 15 years. 135 is pretty much my weight cap, so once my hair is gone my body is pretty much fucked.
Have you checked to see if you have a medical condition affecting you? If not, you likely can gain weight with a controlled diet and training program. It'd take a few weeks to figure out what kind of maintenance calories you have, and the right macro-breakdown, but it's certainly doable if there no are underlying conditions. It's just that until you do it the right way, you'll never know whether you can achieve the results.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Have you checked to see if you have a medical condition affecting you? If not, you likely can gain weight with a controlled diet and training program. Until you do it the right way, you'll never know whether you can achieve the results.

I've been tested - it's not a thyroid condition or anything. I just don't gain weight. No matter what I eat, no matter how much I eat. It's real "fun".

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been tested - it's not a thyroid condition or anything. I just don't gain weight. No matter what I eat, no matter how much I eat. It's real "fun".
If you tell me some details over PM, I'll give you a meal plan. No exercise for now, but just a diet plan to assess you over 4 weeks to figure out certain things. If there's no underlying condition, I'm sure I can make you gain in a healthy manner with the right training program afterward. You can trust me as I am an adonis who makes most athletes look like scrubs.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
The real technique of treating hair loss is painfully simple, and a secret the hair loss treatment industry has been hiding from you for decades.

1. Not giving a fuck about losing your hair.
2. Profit

Seriously, it's that simple. Give it a try. I'm losing hair and couldn't give a toss. It's just strands of protein oozing out of your scalp.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Who cares about being bald? Someone of you are way too attached to your strands of 95% dead cellular matter dangling off your heads.

I look hawt as a baldy.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
We had men on the moon before we had suitcases with wheels.

Think about this.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Go to sam's club. It's like 12 dollars for 90 day supply there if you have the premium membership($100 per year)

Edit: or the above if you have a doc that will prescribe in that form

I might consider the Sam's club idea, but yeah, trying to get a doctor to prescribe me 5mg finasteride, which I think is prescribed for prostate issues and wading into a whole "prescribe me this even though I'm not gonna use it in this way" conversation is something I've not really been trying to do with my doctor.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Big hat works tirelessly to ensure the cure for hair loss remains hidden. Without balding middle age men, billions of caps would end up as landfill.