• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A typical corporation/board of directors in the US can be sued by shareholders for being negligent in their duty, which is to make profit for the shareholders. If social responsibility happens to be profitable, sure they'll do it, but don't think a corporation makes decisions because it's the moral choice.
The poster you are responding to understands that's the case in the status quo, they just don't agree it should be.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
What's weird to me is that people are posting that they aren't buying RDR2 while wearing their favorite brand of clothes made from an overseas sweatshop or posting from their iPhone. In most cases your money is going to people who thrive on shitty practices... it's almost like an inverse catch 22 lol.

I guess to those people, exploiting workers only matter to them in their own local bubble, and not on an international level.

I agree with you, but it just seems like a losing battle when it comes to consumerism.
"If you aren't doing everything you shouldn't do anything" has literally never been a good argument and will never be a good argument.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
There was a Time where I'd willingly pay full price for a lot of my games, then I'd buy the season Passes and wome of the smaller DLC bits.

Then companies started releasing GOTY with pretty much everything for up half the price of the original release. So then I started to wait for some games that I'd think were going to get GOTY editions, so long as I felt I could wait long enough to play the game, and yet I would still buy some of my game choices day one prices too.

Then all these lootboxes showed up and at first it didn't bother me, but then it got worse and worse and shittier and shittier, until in the end, these specific games I'd wait until they hit a less a £15 sale price before buying and still ignoring the loot stuff (I'm looking at you SW BF2)

Still not bought last years Assassins Creed yet, and yet Insominiacs Spider-Man I bought Day one, I'll buy the Pass and heck I'd even buy a second season pass if they released it if the quality stayed the same, and they will keep me as a customer for the future too.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, it would be cool if you didn't do death threats and stuff.
?

Calling them greedy and irresponsible is equal to a death threat now? I know government and lobbyists consider corporations people, but a company will not DIE if they just treat the people who buy their products with decency and hold-back on exploitative practices. Not that big of an ask, really.

Oct 25, 2017
Wrong. Nintendo actively avoid monetising Mario run because they prefer to make money their way than making the maximum possible.

EA originals don't do shit for their profit or even their ip catalogue, but they keep funding them for some reason that's is clearly not making bank.

Every project that cost under 200k Dolllars is highlight at Ubisoft. Are those attitude of someone making the maximum amount of money possible? Why would them try to fend of vivendi grasp them, when they know how to turn profit?

And I'm using examples of companies that are considered greedy, but somehow not everything they do is for profit. And they do this while having shareholders to answer to.

Why? Because they choose to. They can always choose what is important for profit and what is not. They can always draw a line on what is too much, and what is acceptable, and calling them out helps a lot, at least the consumers. Would shadow of war receive a patch to get rid of microtransactions if we just said " well, what can we do, eh"? Would pay day 2 revert the microtransaction if the game was not review bombed?

Companies are greedy? Well, I am too and will do everything in my way to get the best bang for my buck.

How is EA and Ubisoft releasing products not maximizing their profit? If the best alternative for the funding for those projects is having the money in the bank then it is completely expected that they would take a on a project as long as the returns are there (they don't need to be anything crazy either).

Miyamoto already explained the Mario Run thingy, Nintendo thinks f2p is gonna destroy the industry like music industry was destroyed or something, they think paying for games is more sustainable in the long run that f2p so they will try and push that for their games.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I've no problem with companies wanting to make more money. They're free to try so, as I am free to avoid their products or giving them more money.

What it annoys me is the excuses they tend to use: "choice" and "options" for the player.

But by the definition of choice and options...they are, in fact, choices and options. In fact, the first part of your post is you exercising the right of you to choose. To ignore the game or to ignore the in game store.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
AKA the stock market, correct..

Corporations exist to maximise their profits.. I agree with the op that its reductionist, even naive, to call them greedy.. people are greedy and it's ridiculous to apply such a term to something that isn't alive.. just as calling a corporation jealous or melancholy would be.
I would think it fair to describe a corporation according to the obvious intentions and motivation of its leadership.

Frankly fuck getting upset about expensive computer games when people are literally sick, starving and dying in wars to feed this system.

Auto retort to "well I can complain about this too" : Fine, but be more precise with your words and save the hyperbole for things that actually matter.
But it's not actually hyperbolic. Profit maximization, for the purpose of increasing company and thus personal wealth is greedy without exageration.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You can call them greedy, it's just not a good argument when there are many, many better arguments you can make

If you want action you need to convince people, and bad arguments are less likely to convince people

And you need to realise that:

a) The label greedy is very apt in certain scenarios and should not be replaced with something else because the company might not see it that way
b)That companies are within their right to call companies greedy if their practices are only beneficial towards themselves and harmfull towards their employees/customers/the environment.
c)If companies could do no wrong in pursuit of higher profits, why the fuck do we have rules and regulations to govern what they do in case they get.....wait for it.......it starts with a G.......Gromes I guess?

Dec 12, 2017
User Warned - Inflammatory Generalizations
Here's a piece of the puzzle, and it won't make me any friends here, but I'll say it anyway :

Many gamers, present company excluded I'm sure, are not particularly upstanding / hugely contributing members of society, and as such they don't have the personalities to hold down more than entry level jobs, which they lament going to, decree themselves as ABOVE, and don't make a whole lot of cash. Some do not smell particularly good, or are particularly pleasant to talk to in every day conversation.

This results in the smeer campaigns / internet bitching about any practice that seeks to monetize a game passed it's (relatively low) new price of $60. DLC / Loot boxes / season passes, you name it, if it costs extra then "gamers" almost explicitly hate it without question.

This was especially shameful in the case of paid mods, which were a good idea, and because of the adverse kneejerk reaction by the internet hivemind, was dropped.

Necronomicon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
I would like to agree to the OP. Really.
But then I see the XP boost of odissey at ten euro.
When I was child, if I wanted to cheat on my games I would search on thee games' magazines. Or search for a .ini file to modify.

They are charging now to change a value in a file.

If that it's not greedy... Then I really don't know how to call it without sounding offending

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always good to see fellow community members side with the multimillion dollar companies that totally need to be defended every now and then

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So...you are upset people are making poor arguments?

Yeah I'm beside myself

But basically yeah, if you want positive change you need better arguments, most of the AC:O threads went on and on for 20 pages with people on both sides making poor arguments which fed into each other while the good and insightful posts were lost in the mire

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like an unnecessary issue of semantics, since most people qualify that statement to show what they mean by it. No one's denying that companies exist to turn a profit, which is a tired point by now.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The corporate shilling and constant bemoaning of anyone that doesn't welcome contemporary mtx or other types of practices like these in games on this forum disgusts me.

This seems like an unnecessary issue of semantics, since most people qualify that statement to show what they mean by it. No one's denying that companies exist to turn a profit, which is a tired point by now.
Also this.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly, and whatever your views on capitalism are, companies want to make money. That is the entire point. It's not helpful to say a company is being greedy for wanting to make money from selling MXTs or exp boosters, but it's somehow not greedy for the same company to want to make money from selling video games in the first place

Companies want to make money, and there are several ways for companies who sell video games to make money, and none of these avenues are inherently greedy

This is so dumb. I feel like I'm being trolled. I don't even know where to start. What defines greed to you if not shitty business practices like lootboxes and microtransactions? Does a company need to literally come to your house and steal money from your wallet before you admit that they've crossed an ethical line?

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
What's weird to me is that people are posting that they aren't buying RDR2 while wearing their favorite brand of clothes made from an overseas sweatshop or posting from their iPhone. In most cases your money is going to people who thrive on shitty practices... it's almost like an inverse catch 22 lol.

I guess to those people, exploiting workers only matter to them in their own local bubble, and not on an international level.

I agree with you, but it just seems like a losing battle when it comes to consumerism.

I think it's mostly an issue with forums/internet culture. I've been on forums off and on for like 25 years and you always see people that have their pet causes and those that get outraged over some specific situation and go all gun-ho about boycotts, protests, petitions and so on. You follow their posts and there's a ton of other shit they do that is very hypocritical to that stance, like supporting other companies that are even worse (and they're just unaware as it wasn't the current outrage).

There's just a lot of soap-boxing to feel better about oneself, to fit in with the majority on activism focused boards and what not. To fit and vilify those that disagree. In reality everyone, myself included, would do a lot more good if they'd spend that time and energy doing more self examination of our lifestyles, habits and so forth and figure out what other changes we can make to reduce our negative impacts on society and the planet and increase our positive contributions. For instance, instead of a militant vegan making everyone who eats meat even occasionally feel like shit, spend time figuring out the multitude of other ways you can reduce your carbon footprint and/or chip in to make your community/neighborhood/world a better place.

Add in the futility of arguing with people online vs. spending that time/energy volunteering etc. in the real world and it just is what it is. I so regret the time I wasted on political forums back in my 20s. It was, like today, rare for anyone to give an inch in any debates and that's ours more I could have been volunteering in my community and actually doing something tangible.

Last edited:

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a piece of the puzzle, and it won't make me any friends here, but I'll say it anyway :

Many gamers, present company excluded I'm sure, are not particularly upstanding / hugely contributing members of society, and as such they don't have the personalities to hold down more than entry level jobs, which they lament going to, decree themselves as ABOVE, and don't make a whole lot of cash. Some do not smell particularly good, or are particularly pleasant to talk to in every day conversation.

This results in the smeer campaigns / internet bitching about any practice that seeks to monetize a game passed it's (relatively low) new price of $60. DLC / Loot boxes / season passes, you name it, if it costs extra then "gamers" almost explicitly hate it without question.

This was especially shameful in the case of paid mods, which were a good idea, and because of the adverse kneejerk reaction by the internet hivemind, was dropped.
Lmao what the fuck is this

Is it fan fiction?

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Gamers don't owe shit to these companies. If they choose to fuck you in the ass, their shitty games deserve to fail.

A $60 game should never have f2p game mechanics.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
When ppl who play games see that companies are trying to push stuff to exploit their resources further (mtx, expansions, collectors editions, etc ) they should call it out
NO.

When ppl who play games see that companies are trying to push stuff to exploit their resources further (mtx, expansions, collectors editions, etc ) they should not buy the damn games. PERIOD.

Companies only respond to financial stimuli; if you're not punishing unwanted behavior financially, you're being passive at best and a hypocrite at worst.

Sometimes companies can cause you harm even if you do not do business with them. So it's really not that simple.
True, but that's expanding the discussion beyond the bounds of the OP.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Problem is that it's not enough for a $60 game to turn a healthy profit. These publishers want to squeeze more money out of players after buying their games and actively mandate their games' designs to engage in "whale hunting" like these are "free to play" style games.

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vote with your wallets they say, and vote with your wallets they did.

Really, blame the consumers for asking for this and not the business for being smart enough to see a business opportunity. It's like how everyone rags on COD and then when October comes everyone buys it anyway.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
I would think it fair to describe a corporation according to the obvious intentions and motivation of its leadership.

But it's not actually hyperbolic. Profit maximization, for the purpose of increasing company and thus personal wealth is greedy without exageration.

I was presuming we're talking about big listed companies here .. in which case the board's job is to maximise profits this year for the shareholders.. that's it..

Again, assigning human emotions to such organisations is asinine... Believe me I work for one.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
The problem is that the line isn't clear to everyone, nor does everyone agree on where it is. That's why complaining about it isn't the answer because there is no consensus on what is being discussed. The answer is to vote with your wallet, don't buy games that you feel cross that line, and hope enough people agree with you to do the same.
I think the line is pretty clear when we have laws forming around these subjects. You don't see any lawmakers coming out against Dead or Alive 5's dlcs. The ball only got rolling with this subject due to the complaints leveled against Battlefront 2 and similiar titles. Complaining has an undeniable tangible effect. Not always of course, but the squeaky wheel at least some times gets the greese.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think it's a given that companies need to make money or they wouldn't be in business, but i think what we collectively in the gaming community have issues with is how they do things to get more money is where we see them as being "Greedy". If a dev adds completely cosmetic DLC, I find that totally fine. The option is there if you want to buy and make your character look cool etc. However, it is an issue where being able to succeed in a game is behind an additional paywall that should've already been paid buying the game already. Having game DLC, but it's already on the disc feels kinda nasty. Why would we be charged additionally for something that's already there/been ready to go in most cases?

Again, it's how some companies go about trying to get more money from us that can be seen as greedy. There are ways that a company can propose us giving them more money in a respectable fashion, but there are less sleazy ways to go about it is generally what I'm certain people do have issues with for valid reason. When i pay money for something, last thing I assumed anyone would want to feel that I've been slighted doing so. Those particular practices are prone to doing so.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

"I don't know how much the rest of you know about gamer culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it...."

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
The issue is just because EA/Activision/R* are greedy, people classify all companies that try stuff like MTX (not ridiculous grind or lootboxes) as greedy.

DerpHause

Oct 27, 2017
I was presuming we're talking about big listed companies here .. in which case the board's job is to maximise profits this year for the shareholders.. that's it..

Again, assigning human emotions to such organisations is asinine... Believe me I work for one.
Organizations are human led, so no, not really. They reflect their leadership and nothing more or less.

Coming from someone else also working for a large corp.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
IMO the leading cause of people complaining about monetization is that they didn't have much of an interest in the product to begin with, and they latch onto microtransactions as a form of confirmation bias. And when said complainer is actually a fan of the franchise in question they will typically buy the game and find that the microtransactions end up having little to no impact on their enjoyment. Sometimes the game is potentially worse for it, but occasionally it's also obvious that mtx were neccesary for the game to be green lit in the first place, Let it Die for instance.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017

Oh cool, John Riccitiello is a member.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
I want these companies to make money to keep re-investing in gaming so I don't even disagree. I'd rather have MTX I don't have to buy vs games being $80.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
IMO the leading cause of people complaining about monetization is that they didn't have much of an interest in the product to begin with, and they latch onto microtransactions as a form of confirmation bias. And when said complainer is actually a fan of the franchise in question they will typically buy the game and find that the microtransactions end up having little to no impact on their enjoyment. Sometimes the game is potentially worse for it, but occasionally it's obvious that mtx were neccesary for the game to be green lit in the first place, Let it Die for instance.
Or, they aren't looking at the issue on a purely individual level, but taking into account the people that are being targeted with such practices.

Also, Let it Die is free. The biggest bullet point with all of these arguments is a "full-priced" game including additional microtransactions. And the fact they are games coming from huge publishers with multiple studios working on multiple projects.

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
This results in the smeer campaigns / internet bitching about any practice that seeks to monetize a game passed it's (relatively low) new price of $60. DLC / Loot boxes / season passes, you name it, if it costs extra then "gamers" almost explicitly hate it without question..
I see this point a lot here, but single-player/story expansions tend not to get "hate" as far as I can tell, and the conversation around them usually centers on content/lore, hours and price.

Unless you introduce MTX or online passes or whatever the current flavor is into the mix.

OP
OP
oni-link

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You know what, after reading a lot of your replies I've changed my mind

My main issue was that we need better arguments to convince people change is needed or kick back against certain practices is needed

I've seen people on Era argue it's down to greed and other posters have been able to dismantle this argument so I read this to be a bad argument as per the OP

However really this is just semantics, and it can be applicable when you put things in context

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read the OP and counter it respectfully, you are what make this place such an enjoyable forum

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe

Era never fails to deliver

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Or, they aren't looking at the issue on a purely individual level, but taking into account the people that are being targeted with such practices.

Also, Let it Die is free. The biggest bullet point with all of these arguments is a "full-priced" game including additional microtransactions. And the fact they are games coming from huge publishers with multiple studios working on multiple projects.
Are those people really the majority though? Because I find it hard to believe that they are.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm beside myself

But basically yeah, if you want positive change you need better arguments, most of the AC:O threads went on and on for 20 pages with people on both sides making poor arguments which fed into each other while the good and insightful posts were lost in the mire
OK, I agree people should make better arguments. I don't think using the term greedy gets in the way of that, and I don't think you've made a good argument for why it does.

Edit: Saw your other post, makes sense.

Necronomicon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
Problem is that it's not enough for a $60 game to turn a healthy profit. These publishers want to squeeze more money out of players after buying their games and actively mandate their games' designs to engage in "whale hunting" like these are "free to play" style games.
How can not to turn profit it it not fail? If not even assassins creed don't turn healthy profit, what are they doing games for? Charity for gamers?

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I'm quite surprised I'm even making this thread as corporations don't generally need defending, however there is a lot to unpack here so if you're not planning on reading past this point your comment probably won't be relevant to the points I actually want to make

Firstly, and whatever your views on capitalism are, companies want to make money. That is the entire point. It's not helpful to say a company is being greedy for wanting to make money from selling MXTs or exp boosters, but it's somehow not greedy for the same company to want to make money from selling video games in the first place

Companies want to make money, and there are several ways for companies who sell video games to make money, and none of these avenues are inherently greedy

The reason I'm highlighting this is because it's normally those who are critical of the methods some publishers use to monitise their games that use the "greedy publisher" rhetoric (It's also prevalent among certain popular YouTubers)

The reason this isn't helpful is because every for profit company will want to make as much money as possible. There is not a threshold where a company makes enough money and anything on top of that is them being greedy. Money from direct game sales isn't noble, and money from MXTs isn't unjust, it's all just money

Calling publishers greedy is missing the point and derailing any legitimate concerns over how games are monitised. 12 years ago it was horse armour, today it's exp boosters, lootboxes, cosmetics and gems, and the chances are in another 12 years time even more aspects of video games will be being monitised. The extent to which a game is designed to allow post launch monitisation will be even greater than it is today as even greater profits are chased

I think the best thing we can do as consumers and fans, is to keep these conversations going when publishers do step over the line and do something shitty. No publisher or developer sets out to make a bad game or to ruin or undermine their game by adding in harmful monitisation models. That said, it's a balancing act and sometimes they do get it wrong

I think the next decade is going to be fascinating as we see people who have never known games not to monitise grow up, and the biggest publishers push the boat out even further with how extensively they can monitise their games. One day Battlefront 2 will probably look as tame as horse armor does now

If you call publishers greedy when this happens you're working to undermine your own argument by making your comments easy to dismiss

I agree with a lot of what you have to say OP

I don't know if the bulk of users discussing it by labeling it as "greedy", "Anti-Consumer" and a lot of times "gambling" have as much experience or background in corporate businesses (well really any business) but they miss the point.

It is perfectly fit to call out something if you don't like it. Lets say you don't like that you/another play can purchase XP booster for instance, that's a design and gameplay system choice. When companies look for feedback on there titles, if all a user or random youtuber34848 just says " ____ Company is greedy, look they charge for micro-transactions for products. You can buy things to make you better" they will not take your feedback seriously because that person just described what a business does, it provides a product that is somehow supposed to enhance the user. Extra content is normally marketed day 1 with the product because thats when the bulk of marketing is noticed by a user. The extra content was always planned to be developed and released later but the marketing isn't as effective 4 months after release.

You don't have to have some advance degree to make a similar comment such as " I dropped the game within the first week of playing because the grind to keep my player/team competitive was to much/overwhelming". Without even having to go into great detail that same company could look at it two different ways (and maybe combine them both) into
  1. The user dropped the game because it takes to long to stay "competitive". (Everyone and there mother in the industry has research for how many hours and in what markets the average player spends gaming a week, this is easy to look into if the average user spends 10 hours a week and your game has a 30 hour a week system)
  • And/Or
  1. Matchmaking for players at the same level is not balanced correctly.
If the matchmaking is balanced correctly but the player likes to see next to there name (Level X) or a team full of superstars then its hard to blame development. If you are level 34, you should be playing with competitive level 34ish players as well, just like if you are level 100 you should be playing with competitive level 100ish players. As long as it is competitive then the actual player level is just a number. XP boosters should actually hurt the average skill level consumer as those that have earned the XP through gameplay has much more "training" hours and should perform better.

Now if you have items locked behind levels than you can look into how does that impact gameplay. If ___ gun for example is only unlocked once hitting level 50 AND that gun has stats that are higher/bring a player who has boosted through purchases closer/even to a player that has gained that level through regular play AND that player can be matched with players that are multiple levels below them, they have an advantage then and that is a gameplay flaw. For online shooters, there normally is some good weapons unlocked on the higher tiers but for each class normally there is a weapon that is just as/or very close usability level as one unlocked later in the game. I can't remember if its older COD's, TF2 or another shooter off the top of my head but you normally get some guns at level 15-20 that are just as viable for a level 50 player.

Micro-transactions, and additional content are here to say even if we like it or not in the industry as a whole.

User's on this forum have gathered some great threads such as the Top 100 RPG's & Top 50 Horror games. There are titles in there I had never heard of before. Companies want you to spend more time with the product you got in any industry. Buying horse armor in a game, buying maintenance on your new washing machine, monthly charges to a streaming service. Run rate money provides safety nets to keep businesses afloat and healthy.

Personally I don't mind MX, and I don't buy them. While some of the more annual titles are using them more heavily even for a primarily single player gamer like myself there are a lot of titles being released that fit your needs. I have been playing games my entire life and if there isn't something in Month 10 of this year that is catching my eye I buy a game for an older system and play that instead because I have missed games (Either knew of or unheard of before), thats how I have played 54 different titles this year (At least 50 of of them single player) . Just because you want a certain title released now to fit your game standards, if it doesn't play something else. We have more developers than ever before and can play titles from AAA to indie very easily. There is something out there for everyone and gaming forums like Era have gathered great discussions for titles already released such as the Top 101 RPGS or Top 51 Horror games on Era. Just today I was reading a great discussion post on Reddit (r/Nintendo) for some of the best titles on the DS, a console I didn't own when it was out but can play on my 2DS

This post got way to long....

TL;DR -
If someone is calling a company "greedy" without substance it is normally the case they
  • Don't fully understand how to give constructive feedback
  • To lazy to write out the full reason they don't like aspect or whole game
  • Want everything to cater to their needs (Which doesn't in any industry so there is disappointment everywhere for them)

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
xC2OR3z.gif

perfection.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I want these companies to make money to keep re-investing in gaming so I don't even disagree. I'd rather have MTX I don't have to buy vs games being $80.
The additional money they make on MTX is directly relative to the amount of MTX they plug into the next game. There hasn't been an example where because MTX were successful the next game in the series did not "need" them. It's an upward trend in implementation.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. NBA2K is a prime example for me. Been playing the series for years, even before their Virtual Currency scheme. Ever since they introduced VC, it's been going down this road of pure greed, with forced grinding getting worse and worse. It's not about making the best game or best experience, it's about milking players out of money for no reason at all except to keep shareholders and the like happy. Sorry OP, but if you want to see what greed really is and how it affects gamers, look at 2K. I know most here don't play sports games, but it's a huge fucking issue that hardly anyone talks about.

This right here. When a company wants to limit my character's progression by limiting the amount of XP (or in 2K's case, virtual currency) I get from playing normally only to then charge me to progress faster in a game that I've already paid full price for, that is greed in my book. Grind or pay us more to not grind is a disgusting tactic. That has nothing to do with companies wanting to make money. They just want to make even more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.