• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I hate the generic term 'boring', but I can't believe how bored I felt watching the sequel

Nowhere near 'so bad it's good' territory. Major disappointment

Oct 28, 2017
California
Oh Boyyyyyys, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!

giphy.gif

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
This and Jurassic Park are the Must Go Faster cinematic universe, which is the best of all universes.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
This is embarrassing to admit, but I always tear up when Randy Quaid sacrifices himself to blow up the alien ship LMAO.
Fun fact from the blu-ray extras: The original cut of the movie had Randy fly his biplane with a missile tied to it up into the alien mothership, but test audiences laughed at the scene. They had to reshoot it and add the "we need pilots and we'll train you in ten minutes" scene.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
It's a so so movie. They blew up Houston. That was neat to see. I thought "oh cool. No work tomorrow." 😂

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
We just watched this tonight. Always makes for a good 4th of July movie with your friends.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Funny enough my wife and I went to an AirBnB earlier in the year and there were a collection of DVDs there. We watched Independence Day up until the DVD stopped working.

We took it out and found it was gouged the hell out of.

When we told the man about it the next day he said that it's one of the most popular movies that they have in there.

We went home we watched the rest. It's not a great movie, but it's always fun.

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
I saw this at the Uptown Theater in Washington, DC. When the aliens blew up the White House, the audience cheered. I doubt that would have happened during the Obama years, but I bet it would get a standing ovation now.

I thought Quaid flying the jet was such a cheat; the structure of that screenplay & character demanded that Quaid fly his biplane into the alien ship.