Of all the Sci Fi series better that Star Wars, which is the best?

• Star Trek

Votes: 107 32.4%
  • Stargate

Votes: 23 7.0%
  • The Expanse

Votes: 38 11.5%
  • Battlestar Galactica

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy

Votes: 22 6.7%
  • Futurama

Votes: 76 23.0%
  • Other

Votes: 35 10.6%

• Total voters

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
x1sCdmV.gif

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I've gotten more enjoyment out of Star Wars, both for good and bad reasons, than all of the other series in the poll combined.

Well, maybe I have to exclude Hitchhikers, but the general point stands.

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada

There's nothing that has come close to experiencing this for the first time in 3D and I continue to watch it every year since its release.

Lotr and Avatar are my fav franchises.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Stargate SG-1 had an episode like it as well. It was pretty good, especially when O'neill started to lose it.

dJED9Xs.jpg

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Very weird to me that the Disney+ May 4th character banner doesn't have Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, Rey, Finn, Poe, R2 or 3PO in it

Like, what are we doing here

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars has the best space battles, that's for sure.

I'm giving a shout-out to Firefly. Whedon be damned, it was still a great show.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
Stargate then Star Trek among the poll options. For non-poll options, Dune and Firefly.

BSG is trash. Don't @ me.

Haven't watched the Expanse yet, but I will!

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the Expanse isn't winning by a landslide makes what is already a joke poll even more of a joke 😎

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
"star wars isn't sci fi" is absolutely revisionist pedantic nerd nonsense. It's the kind of thing you'd expect a caricature like the simpsons comic book guy to say.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
So glad it's a Saturday so I don't have to hear that dumb shit all day

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
sheer pound for pound quantity+quality its hard to beat star trek. You could infinitely rewatch bits of TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Strange New Worlds, and Lower Decks and basically never have enough time to watch anything else. None of the other shows comes even close on an hours level although Stargate is the closest.

The Expanse seasons 1-3 are amazing and up there but imo the story quality drops every season after that.

I'll have to revisit BSG, I have a feeling the final season will be a bit better now in retrospect but it does have that Lost vibe of things kinda falling apart story wise in the last season, and you can tell "they didn't have a plan" and didn't stick the landing. Should be interesting with the constant news of (another) reboot.

I do love Stargate and its one of the few that has a lot of comedic episodes along drama/action, and there is a massive quantity to it between SG1, Atlantis, and Universe. It is bizarre Amazon has been sitting on the IP for years now and done nothing substantive.