• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
MPW-58327

Come on, Hollywood! Dinosaurs virtually print money, and sell merch like crazy!

It doesn't even have to be a 1:1 remake. You could do a reimagining. Just keep the characters.

Oh, and if The Land Before Time is successful, take a shot at this movie as well.

poster-780.jpg

Time to start the Dinosaur movie cinematic universe! Jurassic World, you're not welcome...

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don Bluth in general needs to come back. He was able to actually compete with Disney at a time no one could compete.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
No, The Land Before Time is perfect how it is, there's no need for a remake, live action or not.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I'm totally in for this, good part of my childhood. Maybe we can remake a couple of the sequels too lol

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Any time someone mentions the Land Before Time I'm transported back to the daycare my mom ran. This one girl in particular loved the movie. So much that she would watch it back to back, every day she was there.

With that said I wouldn't mind seeing it get the Disney CGI treatment. Some of it would look amazing visually.

OP
OP
MasterYoshi

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
ZDk3MDM4Yjc3NiMvbnRjdi1WeUVxU3JNZnlCMjQ3d3ZvZ3ZOQUt3PS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vY2J5YmNsYWJnMG1vc2hvNm5jeHQweXY1c3NnMWNvMWpzaXdiY3F1OWM5a3Fkd2c5MDdldjN4ajM0eXVtbXFieC5naWY.gif

I'd even be ok with the dinosaurs not being hyper realistic. The Good Dinosaur was an example of what I'd be satisfied with.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They should only remake it if they're gonna make it as brutal and depressing as the original idea. I want to see an extended gory battle with the T Rex ripping chunks out of the mom. That and and the downer ending where Little Foot and crew all die.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
This one would be a good candidate as you could expand it more easily because the original is only an hour long.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Land Before Time was my all time favorite animated movie for such a long time, wasn't until Zootopia that it lost it's cemented spot at the top. It is so perfectly paced, I can't see what a realistic remake could really add to improve it. The characters are established quickly and succinctly, I guess they could add another trial or two for them to go through but it would feel like padding.

Any time someone mentions the Land Before Time I'm transported back to the daycare my mom ran. This one girl in particular loved the movie. So much that she would watch it back to back, every day she was there.

With that said I wouldn't mind seeing it get the Disney CGI treatment. Some of it would look amazing visually.
Image32_1959.jpg

This is that same girl all grown up.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This one would be a good candidate as you could expand it more easily because the original is only an hour long.
I remember rewatching it the other year and being flabbergasted at the runtime.

It was if my childhood memories were lying to me. Then again, my parents also had VHS tapes of the direct-to-tv sequels so shit just blended after a certain point.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What I love about the land before time franchise is that there are 14 movies, a tv show and they're all in continuity. The quality of them is not even that bad, on average I'd say half of the movies are good and others are just generic, there are only a like 5 that are awful.

I wouldn't want a reboot, the first movie is just classic and will never be matched, even if Disney's Dinosaur (not Henson's dinosaurs) tried to copy it back in 2000. The movies ended after the tv show and we only got a short revival when Jurassic World release and I think is easily the best movie after the original, sadly there were no others made not even to tie in with Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom this year.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I wish Don Bluth was still making animated movies. Land Before Time, Anastasia, and The Secret of NIMH were all classics on par with Disney in my childhood.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey you know that movie we made, The Land Before Time? That really somber and existentional animated masterpiece with themes likes passing away and trying to do your best?
"...uh yeah?"
"How about WE MAKE FUCKING 14 SEQUELS AND UNIVERSE OUT OF IT?!"
"Sounds...HELLA FUCKING EPIC BRO."

1522744_1447271869746_full.png

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey you know that movie we made, The Land Before Time? That really somber and existentional animated masterpiece with themes likes passing away and trying to do your best?
"...uh yeah?"

What you failed to realize is the dinos died and these movies are their own personal never ending hell

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Land Before Time was my all time favorite animated movie for such a long time, wasn't until Zootopia that it lost it's cemented spot at the top. It is so perfectly paced, I can't see what a realistic remake could really add to improve it. The characters are established quickly and succinctly, I guess they could add another trial or two for them to go through but it would feel like padding.

Image32_1959.jpg

This is that same girl all grown up.

If her name's Katelyn I'd laugh.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Do it and see what happens. If it's good, great! If it sucks, still have the animated classic!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The original film, while I adored it as a small child when it released, is pretty fucking awful.

Oct 26, 2017
"...uh yeah?"

Hey now

Everything through the VI movie is pretty good.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I think we're more likely to see a remake of Dino riders. Strap some weapons on those dinosaurs and give it a go.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
They should remake something that doesn't suck, like Brave Little Toaster.

A new generation should never be introduced to the machinations of that bastard Little Foot, always getting his friends into trouble. I bet he's the reason why dinosaurs became extinct.