TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Intro songs beat is really abrasive and I AM A GOD is a terrible song but overall I don't think it's as awful as people seem to think. New Slaves, Black Skinhead and Hold My Liquor in particular are bangers no doubt about it.

iu

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i wasn't cuz i knew it was his best album out of the gate

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, he actually went full maga and hung out with alt-right dudes. You a fool for siding with him after that shit.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
No. It got what it deserved - a fuckton of praise and a fuckton of criticism. It's a blatantly flawed album with mostly bad lyrics, but incredible beats.

Oct 26, 2017
It's his last great artistic feat.

Lyrics were not great and smug as hell, but the minimalist Haxan Cloak / Death Grips-lite production on the LP won me over.

AkimboChainz

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not as high on the album as lot of people (I think its probably somewhere in the middle of his discography) but I loved everything around the album. The New Slaves projections, SNL, no album cover, and the tour. Especially after the build up to TLOP and Ye...lmao

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
nah it's a masterpiece, and his second best album behind MBDTF. the length is absolute perfection, the beats are incredibly detailed and dynamic, the use of samples is masterful (as is the case with most kanye albums), and it's maybe his darkest album yet (808s is more serene than dark, at least to me).

The outros/beat switches all over this are amazing too. New Slaves with Frank and the Hungarian rock sample, Hold My Liquor's Mike Dean orgasmic guitar stuff, Cudi on Guilt Trip, and of course the "AND BREAAAATTHEEEEEE" stuff on Blood On The Leaves is still chills inducing

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hear people refer to Kayne like this all the time. Gee, so sorry.
Point still stands, Kayne is an asshole
who is Kayne?
Intro songs beat is really abrasive and I AM A GOD is a terrible song but overall I don't think it's as awful as people seem to think.
Who thinks it's awful? It's a highly critically acclaimed and successful album.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
the beats for new slaves and hold my liquor are so amazing.
They really are.

Also - it's an audacious as fuck album. Blood on the Leaves is Kanye's most ambitious concept for a song - combining samples of Strange Fruit and R U Ready to make an epic 70mm depiction of an intimate relationship breakdown.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
Who thinks it's awful? It's a highly critically acclaimed and successful album.

yep. critically acclaimed by most publications when it comes to reviews and ranking on end of the year lists. it's only polarizing among hip-hop fans, although i think its reputation is getting better as time goes on (at release tho, it was roasted by a lot of the non-music reviewing listening public)

They really are.

Also - it's an audacious as fuck album. Blood on the Leaves is Kanye's most ambitious concept for a song - combining samples of Strange Fruit and R U Ready to make an epic 70mm depiction of an intimate relationship breakdown.

god i wish we got that Blood on the Leaves music video directed by David Lynch, that song deserves more shine

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
a lot of people were attacking Sophie in that other thread so I don't really take this boards opinion on music that seriously

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
You are just full of yourself. Going from claiming that a song is too difficult to understand to now bad comprehension skills. Nice argument.
You literally can not discern Yeezus, a character, from Kanye, a person. You also can't see how irrelevant and illogical your perception of an egomaniac is to the quality of a body of work. Then you get offended and draw up some random DC nerd shit that is completely irrelevant to anything being discussed here.

What is there to argue. "I don't like Kanye" isn't even an argument. You literally have not commented on the actual album at all in this thread.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
a lot of people were attacking Sophie in that other thread so I don't really take this boards opinion on music that seriously

whaaaaaaa

how can anyone hate on an album that has a track as powerful as "it's okay to cry". the whole album is really great but that song is heavenly and single handedly elevates the album to elite status

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
whaaaaaaa

how can anyone hate on an album that has a track as powerful as "it's okay to cry". the whole album is really great but that song is heavenly and single handedly elevates the album to elite status
yeah people were suggesting that sophie is talentless and saying her music sounds like random noise and clanging pots and pans lol

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
He has a hell of an ego and problems from his mother's passing that were never fully dealt with. He also keeps trying to come up with crazy ideologies to cement himself as some kind of pioneer of society and culture and the level of stupid shit he blurts out has gotten worse by default. Dude needs to sit down for a while and get some help.

But the real question, like every other artist who does or says a lot of questionable things, is how much are you willing to put up with because "he had good music though?"
Thread is about the 6th studio album from kanye west titled "Yeezus" (2013).

collige

Oct 31, 2017
whaaaaaaa

I love Sophie, but she cannot sing. Immaterial, on the other hand, is the best track she's ever written.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
yeah people were suggesting that sophie is talentless and saying her music sounds like random noise and clanging pots and pans lol

very unwavy

He has a hell of an ego and problems from his mother's passing that were never fully dealt with. He also keeps trying to come up with crazy ideologies to cement himself as some kind of pioneer of society and culture and the level of stupid shit he blurts out has gotten worse by default. Dude needs to sit down for a while and get some help.

But the real question, like every other artist who does or says a lot of questionable things, is how much are you willing to put up with because "he had good music though?"

Unless you're just talking music-wise, in which case, I dunno. It's a mixed bag.

i listen to Kanye's music despite the MAGA bullshit because the man made my favourite album of all time in MBDTF and i've listened to his music for over half my life; basically grown up on his music. i think it's damn near impossible for me to cut out his music from my life at this point

I love Sophie, but she cannot sing. Immaterial, on the other hand, is the best track she's ever written.

tbh, for better or worse, i don't think she ever gets the chance to show off her singing chops thanks to the usually overbearing and ear catching production, so it works for me

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
It's probably his best album. I change my ranking all the time, but this and MBDTF are most constantly in my top 3.