SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
NGL my first thought seeing that picture was "wait, is this a Miraculous Ladybug spinoff?" Even had to check the article in the thread to make absolutely sure.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

As you'll recall, NIMONA was originally being developed at Blue Sky Studios (Rio, Ice Age) before Disney bought and then subsequently shut them down, cancelling all projects or moving them to other studios. Now She-Ra: Princesses of Power showrunner ND Stevenson will be able to finish their film.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Finally got round to watching The Owl House. Thought it started a little slow, and I wasn't grabbed early on. By the end of S1 though I was onboard, and S2 cemented me as a fan.

Next up, I have to remember how much of Amphibia and Infinity Train I've actually seen so that I can resume one of those. Or maybe I'll just start over, we'll see.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have we heard anything about what Rebecca Sugar's working on at the moment? I know they've done a few bits and pieces here and there (didn't they contribute to Amphibia recently?) but it's over two years since Steven Universe wrapped up, and I'm dying to know what they've been working on.

I assume it'll be something new rather than something connected to SU (not least because of Callison's retirement), but I'll be there for whatever it is day 1.

Señor Sepia

Aug 2, 2020
What

As you'll recall, NIMONA was originally being developed at Blue Sky Studios (Rio, Ice Age) before Disney bought and then subsequently shut them down, cancelling all projects or moving them to other studios. Now She-Ra: Princesses of Power showrunner ND Stevenson will be able to finish their film.

Glad to see this project see the light of day. Im not much of a comic guy, but i loved Nimona and i bought the hard cover edition. Everything Stevenson creates is wonderful.

Finally got round to watching The Owl House. Thought it started a little slow, and I wasn't grabbed early on. By the end of S1 though I was onboard, and S2 cemented me as a fan.
The quality jump from TOH S1 to S2 is HUGE, and its still fantastic so far.

Have we heard anything about what Rebecca Sugar's working on at the moment? I know they've done a few bits and pieces here and there (didn't they contribute to Amphibia recently?) but it's over two years since Steven Universe wrapped up, and I'm dying to know what they've been working on.
They had a little cameo in a amphibia christmas episode, singing a song compossed by them -not my favourite, it is the same quality as their SUF songs- but i dont think they work in amphibia. Im also dying to know, Steven Universe is rough around the edges but its still one of my favourite cartoons of all time, hope they get 100% creative freedom next time.

So far we dont know what they are working on, since the ending of SUF they have kept their Twitter activity to a minimum. They might be taking a break.

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Watched The Bad Guys, it was really good, though second half was definitely weaker than the first. Also definitely going to awaken furryism in kids, between Wolf and Diane (the fox).

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on Miraculous Ladybug with season 4. I felt like the season got weaker toward the end, but it was still a solid season overall, particularly with its dramatic twists.
* With Chloe deliberately calling for Shadow Moth to akumatize her to get out of gym class (and successfully getting akumatized), how is that not a straight up crime in this universe, lol
* Felix the master villain.
* Alya did manage to lose her power by the end, like I suspected once she learned Ladybug's identity, but at least there was no memory erasure like I feared.
* Hawk Moth getting all the other sidekick powers is a nice twist, but I wonder how they'll justify him not just spamming the time travel power next season.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Crowdfunding for season 2 of lastman:

I absolutely loved the first season (and its music), so I contributed right away.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I can't read their post without a Facebook account, but still, sucks that this happened to them after their Lego shows have been so successful.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

wtf.... I don't actually watch the show but how do you end up delaying a show that was supposed to start airing in 3 days 6+ months o.O

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
not part of Alex's GF treats, surprises or goodies but the GF fandom have stumbled on an animation reel w/ (until now) unseen footage from the Gravity Falls pilot sitting out in the open on Youtube for over 5 years. It's incredibly brief (and seems like part of a longer segment) and cut like a trailer, and features our first look at pilot Gideon:

(skip to 02:02)