Oct 28, 2017
UK
"If you insist on riding a bike Son, make sure you don't fall off"

(He wasn't talking about bicycles)

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
Spot on. I relate to this a lot, and have been reflecting upon it recently. It's sad, miss the innocent days of being a kid :/

I agree sadly.

I had my 10 year class reunion recently. A white woman I known 20 years came with a "keep America great again hat" signed by don jr himself since she works at one of the trump/republican pacs in DC. She avoided all the black people there except me. (Was a white HS so there weren't many).

The year before that, she went on a RANT on Facebook about thanking God for Trump and wanting to keep liberals and coons and spics down: this from a white woman I known since I was 8. Most whites were supportive of what she said and the minorities and lgbt were appalled. I realized maybe I never knew her or she changed....

The other story is my Romanian ex, she lives in Germany now. I come to find out she was mugged years ago in Wien Austria (I knew about that) but I found out the actual story was she was attacked by Somalis and they tried to rape her. She avoided all blacks basically except for her uni roommate and myself. Last time i was in Germany she went on a tirade about the migrants and about how AfD is right about blacks. She was saying this to me.

We hardly talk now. Someone i knew 14 years. Her sister and her nieces adore me, I'm the only "colored" person her kids met (they live in a very sparsely populated region of Germany) and I skype with them often, they always ask about me. But I debate cutting it off. I cannot overstate how great a blow that was to me.

My father said "never let anyone kill your joy or destroy your spirit. People change and things move on but we learn as we go. "

But I am starting to realize no white person, good intentions or otherwise can ever really understand or be empathetic to someone black, what it means to be black in this era, much less accept you/see you as an equal.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
That there are things in life I can't control and that instead I should focus on what I actually can control. This may be obvious to many, but it's something I needed to hear a while back. There was a certain situation going on in my life that I was desperately trying to fix, but it involved multiple people and me trying to understand their thinking. A useless endeavour and one that broke my heart every single day for weeks on end.

He added another important lesson to that whole scenario: some people just aren't fucking worth it, so look forward to meeting those that are and appreciate those you already have in your life.