• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I got my Xbox One X today and was looking to do a network transfer from my S to an X so I could just start playing Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed quickly.

In my mind, I thought the network transfer just somehow pulled the information from the S and put it on the X through some technology voodoo that I didn't understand. When I did it, it just put all my games and apps that I had installed on the S and put them on my X... but I had to fully reinstall them. So, what's the benefit of a network transfer as opposed to me just downloading them like normal? Seems pretty useless unless I am blind to what the feature is actually doing.

Mrflood

Oct 25, 2017
Mainly for people who have ISP data caps. Let's you transfer all the data between xboxs on the same network without having to download games multiple times.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
In general people's networks are faster than their internet connections, and they don't have a data cap.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It just uses your local network to download all of your data rather than your internet. A pretty significant thing for folk living with data caps.