• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Sorry I didn't know how to have this make sense in the title but I tried... Anyway I want you to use your initials, mine are CTG, and pick your favorite game that starts with a letter in your initials.

My initials CTG

Call of duty: black ops 1
This game came out after I got hooked on modern warfare2, so I was anticipating this game so much. Me and my buddies in junior high convinced are parents to let us stay home and play it all day. We had a blast in zombies which it still has the best zombie maps to date. Also best cod multiplayer with the wager system that was just so cool. I loved getting people pissed off in the tomahawk one. Then those 10,000 wager matches were the most intense multiplayer gaming experiences out there. Really wish games would let us wager stuff on a match more often. Then it had the second best cod campaign, right behind MW2. I roundly remember the deer hunter level and the one where you run on top of the sky scrapers and stuff. Really this is the most solid all around cod.

Timesplitters: future perfect
Talk about my childhood going through elementary. Me and my buddies would always come over after playing b-ball and destroy some people in virus. All monkeys with no weapons was the way to go. Also loved doing 100 lives on the ice map. This game was so packed with stuff to do also with the challenges. They were fun but extremely hard. The meat of the game though was the superb campaign. It was so varied ranging from mission's infiltrating a base during the Cold War, all the way to fighting through a mansion where a gaint moose comes out of the wall and you have to fight him as a boss. Seriously we need another time splitters or a remaster...

Gears of war 2
Whaaaaaaat, most of you are probley saying. Why gears to and not the better 1 or 3. Well this one came out when I was going into junior high and me and my buddies would have tons of sleepovers and just try to finish horde mode. The campaign was my favorite to with skurge being a epic foe. Hell I even loved the natories worm level. Also wingman was the shit. Bloodbeast25 where ever you are we tore that shit up!!!

So what are your guy's?

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum

EDIT:
Hmm, so if it's a composite of multiple game names:

Persona 4
Persona 5

Would be the ones I picked

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono Trigger

Super Metroid

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne

That's what I can think of atm.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Derp need to read OP better
Max Payne (let's stay with that one XD)
Wild Arms
Penumbra: Black Plague

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just Cause 3 (far from being one of my favorite games, but I literally cannot think of another game I've played and enjoyed that starts with j)
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (balances out the above by being my favorite game ever)

Beef Stallmer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In Japan my name would be Stallmer Beef...
So I guess Steel Battalion?
(sorry I don't like Mario fighting)

Oct 28, 2017
GJB

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Just Cause 2
Batman Arkham Origins

The G was easy I really had to think for the other two and I still don't feel comfortable with those picks.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
B - Banjo Kazooie
L - LittleBigPlanet
S - Super Metroid

Struggled with finding something for "L". I enjoyed the LBP games a lot more than most here did, though I wouldn't exactly call it one of my favorite games in the same way I would with Banjo or Super.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
I- Ico (surprisingly not that many great games that start with I)
R- Ratchet and Clank
L- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Initials - WNSD

W - WarioWare: Touched!
The first DS game I ever got and my first time playing the series. I loved how it used the DS touch screen for it's minigames and it was addicting trying to beat my high scores for each game.

N - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
At the time it was released it brought back many things I loved from Super Mario World like Yoshi and the Koopa Kids as bosses. I had a blast messing with my brothers in the multiplayer mode too.

S - Super Mario Galaxy
The peak of 3D Mario imo. Fantastic ost, great bosses, and even an interesting story with the Luma and Rosalina.

D - Donkey Kong Country 2
Just edges out Tropical Freeze here. DKC2 has one of my favourite soundtracks of all time, with brilliant level design and themes that the music compliments perfectly.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
J - Journey
I - Inside
H - Even though I haven't played it yet, future me told me the answer to this is Hollow Knight.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario Bros. 3
One of the top games of my childhood.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
Dying Light is good, but this is Techland's best as far as I'm concerned. It's fun and creative, has the soul of a great arcade game.
Kentucky Route Zero
I've barely played it but it seems cooler than any other K game I can think of.

Last edited:

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
L - Link - The Faces of Evil
P - Plumbers Don't Wear Ties
T - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
RTB

R: Red Dead Redemption
-Easy choice for me, the others not so much. I love westerns, I love rockstar games, loved the Undead Nightmare, I love this game. Honorable mentions: Ridge Racer, Resident Evil 2

T: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (arcade version)
-This is where it starts getting messy for me. This game was a huge part of my childhood and ate more quarters than I care to admit. Love the game, love the turtles, love the coop, and I miss arcades. Honorable mentions go to: Timesplitters, Tales of Monkey Island, and Terraria.

B: Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain 2
-Another game which was a huge part of my childhood, I guess I let nostalgia influence these picks heavily. This letter is an insanely heavy hitter to my mind. Honorable mentions: Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance (honestly I think it probably should have gotten my vote...), Bayonetta 2, Bioshock, and Bully (the most underrated R* game).

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Ok time to make a post that actually follows the spirit of the thread.

Castlevania 4, COD BO, COD BO2?
Outlast?
Dead Space, easy as fuck.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
My initials: JNRM

J
ade Empire
Nier
Rare Replay (kinda cheating here)
Mass Effect (or Max Payne, hard to decide)

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
G - Goldeneye
J - Journey
C - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Probably forgetting something obvious, but this works...

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
KRC

Kid Icarus Uprising. Good writing, solid humor, a unique control scheme and fun game overall.

Rocket League. I've put so much time into this game.

Counter-Strike. 814 hours and counting.

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
Not counting games that start with "the":

T - Tales of Vesperia
T - Tekken 3
T - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I

Ikaruga - Probably my favorite old school styled shoot-em up game. Difficult, but once you got the color switching done it was like pure bliss.

D

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat - Don't get me wrong, I love Retro's DK games. But I haven't beat Tropical Freeze yet so... this wins by default. Probably one of the most pure fun games ever created (with bongos). DK's agility speed and power were amazing, and the wackiness of it all was the icing on the cake.

K

Killer7 - What can I say, I love crazy games and this is the most trippy, batshit crazy game I've ever played. The story was nuts, the visuals were awesome, and the gameplay was cool and unique. I forever became a Suda51 fan after this.

And yeah, my initials are IDK

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
M - Mass Effect 1 (Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3 are looking at me all hurt and sad.....sorry fellas but I couldn't pick just one of you unlike the Mass Effect games which is super duper easy to pick the good one)
J - Just Cause 2
H - Hitman Blood Money

Probably blanking on J and H games but I really liked Just Cause 2 and Blood Money so no complaints.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Ace Attorney....okay so I guess it has to specifically be Apollo Justice Ace Attorney
Ghost Trick
Metroid Prime

In any event Shu Takumi putting in work on my initials.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
M- Majora's Mask

A- Arms

R- I've got nothing. I feel like there's something I'm missing but I just can't think of anything.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SLB

Shadow of the Colossus

The Last of Us

Bioshock

I have two more initials but these are the ones i use.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crimzon Clover

Jump Ultimate Stars

Blue Revolver

Only one of these would probably get on an overall list of favourite games, but it's the best I can think of with my initials.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
J - Just Cause 2. Having a hard time thinking of games with J I absolutely loved. But JC2 was chaotic fun, so Ill go w that.

W - Wii Sports. I hate motion controls, but this worked and was one of the most fun games Ive played with a group.

M - Mother 2 (if this is cheating since it was technically Earthbound in USA, than Metal Gear Solid

Igama

Oct 27, 2017
AST:

Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Super Mario Odyssey
Tomba 2
(If games that start with "the" count: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild)

Status
Not open for further replies.