• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Not gonna add a poll cause that would just create chaos.

41YdV7aDyQL.jpg

What is your favorite PS1 game of all time?

My vote is Metal Gear Solid. Vagrant Story close second.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
It should be FFVII but IX has my heart (VIII was a third). Many good games outside of RPG's too there but I was hooked on those and had a lot more free time in my teens.

Outside of RPG's, Tekken 3, C&C Renegade, Soul Blade, Crash 3 and Pandemonium I spent a lot of time on. And the demo of GTA 1.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Symphony of the Knight and Vagrant Story are my two favorites. Vagrant Story is stil the best written game of that generation imo and I love it handles new game plus, allowing you to feel completely overpowered in the regular areas, but also having additional areas that can't be accessed in the first playthrough. Wish we would get a remaster/remake.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This is too hard a question, one of these:
  • FFVII
  • FFVIII
  • FFT
  • Xenogears
  • Parasite Eve
  • Vagrant Story
  • Breath of Fire III
  • Breath of Fire IV
  • Symphony of the Night

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Chrono Cross. Still in my top 5 all time. Beautiful game.

Die Hard Trilogy is also high on the PS1 list.

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
My top three is Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, and Valkyrie Profile, without one being a clear favourite.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Ape Escape. Played it at a friend's house on release and was begging my parents for a PS1 the next 6 months until Christmas. Game delivered on all fronts and I still replay it regularly.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
It's got to be Symphony of the Night, as I still enjoy replaying it every couple of years.

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
Final Fantasy 7

Of the ones I didn't play until later on, Symphony of the Night

And personal soft spot: Tomba