Vivian

Oct 26, 2017
England
The Nordic set.

Were never competitive but fun to play.

I really love how they worked Norse mythology into the effects of these guys, especially Fenrir and Jormungandr. Too bad the deck is complete trash and, even among that trash, Fenrir and Jormungandr are a whole other level of awful.

Anyway, my answer is my main man Dark Paladin. Here's a photo of the one in my deck:
ThFbKZc.jpg

I was always a fan of Dark Magician, and I loved how Buster Blader could beat Blue-Eyes in a fight, so when I found out about Dark Paladin I was super stoked. I didn't actually manage to get one until years later, when I opened two when it was reprinted in Duelist Pack Yugi.

I've moved on to MTG now, but I still update my Dark Magician deck whenever I get the chance and Dark Paladin will always have a spot in it.

Also shoutouts to Apprentice Illusion Magician. Dark Magician Girl except with a much better, less fanservice-y design, and a really solid effect for Dark Magician decks.

Bagu

Oct 27, 2017
I've always really liked the Dark Magician aesthetic alot of Spellcasters have.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll add to the chorus of praise for Dark Magician. My last attempt at making a deck was Dark Magician-themed, in fact.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
My real answer is Vampire Lord, and when I went back to the game via that PS4 game, I LOVED the Madolche line.

But to throw out something different:

Always liked all those "Charmer" cards aesthetically, even if IIRC they weren't very usable.

13598248434_afcc35a299_o.png

And the last deck I threw together physically but never really played was based around this guy, the good old lockdown stuff (Gravity Bind and Level Limit Area B), and some burn...

latest

Always liked the little guy.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
I fondly remember facing my first mill deck (Cyber Jar, Morphing Jar, Needle Worm, etc.) at a tournament. I got to see my brother lose to it earlier. I slipped in more of these from my Side Deck after the first round:

latest

I won.

Dancey Dave

Nov 4, 2017
Gotta be exodia no doubt. Used to run OTK decks. Got a little harder since they kept banning cards but I loved it. Especially when people would quit once they saw you were running one after waiting 5 minutes while I run trough my deck.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
640px-DarkMasterExodia-EN-FakeIllustration.jpg

Came out during first season when there was no tributes. Fucked up a lot of people while snickering inside. Fake cards op.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm just confused as to what the strategy is supposed to be with them?

Flip one of them to get the other 2, you take 2000 but with that you have 3 level 1 monsters, letting you Xyz Summon a Rank 1 monster like this one

latest

Or you have 3 effect Monsters, which can be used as cost to Link Summon a LINK-3 monster,(as they require a monster per Link Arrow) Like this one

latest

(Oh wow, Ultimate Rare Decode Talker looks sexy)

Anyways Its a fucking awful strategy as it needs the D-Boyz to survive the turn, then it takes 2000 out of you, and Rank 1 Xyz monsters are not very good, and a LINK-3 Link monster whose red arrows are not pointing at other cards is not particularly useful either

There's far better cards to bring out the cards above

Last edited:

Applebite

Oct 27, 2017
Skull Servant (and the King), Zombie Master, DMoC, Cyber Dragon, Stardust Dragon.. But I'll go with this one because she's the least likely to be posted:
FcrmC62TQs6wWb07-zxmgw.png

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
latest

I ran a Water-attribute deck that used City of Atlantisi, Legendary Fisherman, Star Man, and other tribal stuff. Crab Turtle was budget fun, lol

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Flip one of them to get the other 2, you take 2000 but with that you have 3 level 1 monsters, letting you Xyz Summon a Rank 1 monster like this one

latest

Or you have 3 effect Monsters, which can be used as cost to Link Summon a LINK-3 monster,(as they require a monster per Link Arrow) Like this one
If I'm reading this card right you can do some major burn twice in one turn with it?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
If I'm reading this card right you can do some major burn twice in one turn with it?

Yeah, the opponent takes the same amount as you from the first effect

Then with the second effect you can send a monster that's stacked below the Xyz monster (The 3 level 1 monsters used for the summon) and make the opponent also take the damage that was originally meant for you

Lion Heart is one of the better Rank 1 Xyz Monsters.

Then again there's far better options to set him up than fucking D-Boyz

For example:
latest

Then
latest

And then
latest

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos

Then with the second effect you can send a monster that's stacked below the Xyz monster (The 3 level 1 monsters used for the summon) and make the opponent also take the damage that was originally meant for you

Then again there's far better options to set him up than fucking D-Boyz
That card art is hilarious though. I'd never imagine Konami making that.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You are a good man. Love the Karakuris.

My favorite card: morphing jar 2. That card ruins games and no one is ever expecting it. It's one of the best Field clearing cards out there with few counters. It completely wrecks extra deck monsters. Saved my life a bunch of times.
Thanks, I even have a custom Karakuri playing mat. At my locals in undergrad people were always trying to buy it off me, lol.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
v5QU1VU.png

6hg5YJ9.png

I didn't realize the value of Solemn Judgment until I was way deep into my Yugioh, erm, "career". In such a high impact game, being able to shut down anything and everything is worth even 4K life points. Pretty sure it's been totally banned for a while now.

Imperial Order is there for this great match I had at a regionals event where I was on the play, popped my Pot of Greed and other staples, set 1 & 1 and passed. His first move was a Pot of his own, which I shut down with IO. I proceeded to pay it for the following 10 turns in a slow, systematic destruction of his gameplan where I was fully set up from the start and he was unable to cast spells to stabilize. Feel good mang.

One more:

This card was always unexpectedly strong in the early days...but like Solemn Judgment, I never played it until much later. It blows out Jinzo, generally kills opposing attackers as a pseudo-Sakuretsu Armor, and makes for an effective response to S/T removal by buffing one of your guys out of attack range. Buffing Don Zaloog as they attack into him for a crushing 2-for-1 is also incredible. A sleeper hit for sure.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
Ugh, I had a favorite Ritual card, but I can't remember the name of it. It had a girl on the front she was a Spellcaster and her ritual spell card can be obtained from the grave. I can't remember what her effect was, but she was my favorite Ritual card to run. Could someone help me out with the name?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I didn't realize the value of Solemn Judgment until I was way deep into my Yugioh, erm, "career". In such a high impact game, being able to shut down anything and everything is worth even 4K life points. Pretty sure it's been totally banned for a while now.

Yep, Super Banned.

But we got cool variants to make up for it

latest

latest

latest

Oct 25, 2017
Mementos
I must be psychic I knew someone was going to post Doriado, but it's not her. I think the card I had had at least 2200 ATK and that Ritual spell could be obtained from the grave by banishing one card in your graveyard I think.

PieShark

Oct 25, 2017
latest

I love the original Red Dragon Archfiend, but his effect kinda sucks.

Hot RDA had a much better effect, but his art (and name wtf) weren't as good IMO.

Scarlight looks even cooler than the original and has a great effect, the best of both worlds!

I might just be misinterpreting what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure you can't use both effects at the same time. The detach effect causes your opponent to take the battle damage instead of you, while the first effect makes your opponent share the battle damage you actually took. So if you use the detach effect, the first effect won't apply since you didn't take any damage from that battle.

Lion Heart's still pretty good though.

PieShark

Oct 25, 2017
I must be psychic I knew someone was going to post Doriado, but it's not her. I think the card I had had at least 2200 ATK and that Ritual spell could be obtained from the grave by banishing one card in your graveyard I think.
Are you thinking of Nekroz? The Ritual Spells can banish themselves from the Graveyard to get new ones from the Deck.
latest

latest