Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
FGO for pure entertainment value alone, the stories just keep coming and I just keep on reading.

R6 Siege close second. Over 1500 hours between console and PC.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Horizon Zero Dawn is my pick. It was the full package with stunning gameplay & technology, a great story and protagonist with many heartfelt moments. Fantastic music.

If it wasn't for Demon's Souls that I played on February 2009 I might have said Bloodborne or Dark Souls.
Ask me on another day and I might say God of War (2018), Astro Bot or Resident Evil 7 VR.

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Bioshock Infinite most likely. It affected me quite a lot emotionally and I loved it from beginning to end. It's the only game I've played where I've stood up and applauded at the end.

i absolutely ruined that game for a friend by watching him play for 5 minutes and in a joking way basically spoiling the plot without knowing anything about it.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Easily BOTW.

I'd say Earthbound too since I didn't play it until this decade, but I realize that's not fair :p

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
mZsmO0d.jpg

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Played a lot of great games this decade, and I don't think I could pick a best one. But one that comes immediately to mind is Fire Emblem Awakening. The dialogue is pretty silly, as are the characters in general. But as a game it really renewed my love of that franchise. And going back to it from time to time is still great fun.
3DS_FEA_GemDemo_010813_04.jpg

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
The Last of Us. Nothing comes really close for me. Tons of great games behind it, though.

2) BioShock Infinite
3) Rayman Legends
4) Forza Horizon 4
5) Tearaway

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
Gonna have to go with Spiderman or Bloodborne. Both are games I've replayed more than once, and I almost never replay games that aren't Zelda.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Multiplayer: League of Legends. I probably have spent over half a year or more of my life playing it over the past decade cumulatively (which is 1/20 hours of my life during that span). I got pretty good at it during my junior year of college and made it to my promos into Diamond in ranked. Now I mostly just use it to chill with my friends and talk while playing the specialties modes. It is my comfort food as I am so familiar to it.

Single Player: Celeste/Cuphead. I sat here trying to decide which one to choose but that's foolish. I'll just pick both. They both scratch a very similar itch for me and drove me to my limits in so many good ways. Celeste even got me to the point where I was perfecting/speedrunning levels. Cuphead is maybe the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Both feature godly soundtracks.

Honorable Mentions: Ori and the Blind Forest, Dead Cells, What Remains of Edith Finch, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Virtue's Last Reward, Danganronpa v3, Uncharted 4, Persona 5, and Baba is You.

Games I Still Need To Try: WAY TO MANY

Nov 1, 2017
Bloodborne. Nothing comes close to what that game has achieved for me.

In terms of gameplay, world building, art direction, music, it boggles my mind to this day that a game like this was made.

Apr 19, 2018
Based on personal playtime, gotta be Street Fighter V. Countless hours played and tourneys watched.

Same. With 2500+ hours logged, SFV has been my one and only mainstay that I've played almost every day since 2016.

Without thinking too much harder on the past ten years, my gut instinct tells me that Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is my second best of the decade. As it was on the WiiU as well as the Switch, it's still the finest 2D platformer I've ever played in recent memory. For me, it's gaming in its purest form.

438d822825b53c7e19f821ab614c179f6a47edbd.jpg

Late Flag

alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls. Fantastic world design, gameplay, RPG elements, and lore. The remaster just reinforced how great this game is, at least to me.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
The Witcher 3 is the first game that comes to mind and the more I think about it the more I'm certain of that choice (especially when the DLC is included). The transformation from the middling Witcher 1 to the decent second Witcher game and then they go and make something as ambitious as The Witcher 3 and nail pretty much every single aspect of it.

It's the only game of this decade that was an immediate add to my all-time top ten.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's gotta be Bloodborne + The Old Hunters.

A lot of the time DLC feels superfluous. The Old Hunters takes an already excellent game and catapults it into "best of all time" territory.

RonianAT

Jul 23, 2019
Dark Souls!

And some games I had fun like when I was a child, probably not the best games of the decade:

Honorable Mentions:
Etrian Odyssey III
Bayonetta
Dead Cells
Celeste
Super Meat Boy (underrated in this topic?)
Braid
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Amazing Bandwagon (xblig)
Score Rush (xblig)

I dont have a Switch or Wii U and havent played Witcher 3.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
There's so many good picks in this thread, but I'll vote something that I'm sure no one else will:

d8778368d01f6a907a9e17ab6278deeca5da76fd.jpeg
\

I'm a long-time classic Mega Man fan. MM2 is my favorite game of all time. I think MM11 is better. That's how much I love it. I can't imagine a better game made personally for me.

BlondeTuna

Oct 27, 2017
Eastvale, CA
It's a toss up between Dark Souls, The Last of Us, and the Witcher 2. The follow-ups from FS / CDPR / ND improved on almost all aspects, but these games have stuck with me and I think of them often.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I can't pick one.

Top 5 in release order is easily:

Deadly Premonition
Nier
Destiny 2
Bloodborne
Breath of the Wild

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
dig the Spider-Man pick. near the top for me as well despite the obvious flaws.

have to go with RDR2 though. unseated its predecessor as my personal GOAT and its highs are completely unmatched in the AAA open world space. how what must be the most expensive game ever produced in addition to being developed by hundreds of people can still feel so singular and cohesive in its vision is really something else.

RDR2's debut trailer is also my favorite of the decade.

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
It's between Death Stranding and The Witcher 3. Tough choice...

Third place: Bloodborne

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So many I could choose from:

• Fallout: New Vegas
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Dark Souls
  • The Witcher 3
If I had to choose only one...It's probably still a tie between New Vegas and The Witcher 3. None of them are too far behind though.