Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably say the new Hitman (I consider 1 and 2 to basically be two seasons of the same game).

Masterclass in level design and player agency. It oozes creativity and dark humor. Love it to death!

Catalix

Oct 28, 2017
Over 6 years later and I still think about The Last of Us on a regular basis. It's just part of my DNA now. No other game this decade was nearly as satisfying on every conceivable level (gameplay, story, characters, tone, music, multiplayer, etc.)

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
My favorite game of generation (and all time and decade) is Bioshock Infinite. The ending is probably one of my favorites of all time and Troy Baker plus voice of Elizabeth just - it was too incredibly good. Makes me wonder what 2K has planned for 4. I'd love for them to go off the rails, but I'll bet they use an obvious framework so they can continue to monetize the IP.

Bestgame of decade objectively (tech, visuals, narrative, story, varied gameplay, music, level design, atmosphere, characters, world building) is Witcher 3. Absolutely ruined other RPGs for me. Nothing out there is like it. Makes me so incredibly excited for Cyberpunk, which I know will be delayed.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Bloodborne and Nier Automata.

Both games kinda changed my way of thinking, about purpose of life and stuff. Both games made me depressed but also made me happy.

"Fear the old blood, 9S. By God, fear it" - 2B

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I have 2353 hours in Phantasy Star Online 2 since 2012, so probably that.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Farming Simulator

Beyond being an incredible franchise, it also opened my eyes to a whole new side of gaming quietly flying under the radar. Made me a lot more open-minded and willing to seek out and experiences off the beaten path.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's between Nier: Automata and House in Fata Morgana and I can't decided.
It's probably Nier: Automata

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Witcher 3 + DLC
Zelda BotW
FFXIV
Dark Souls/Bloodborne

Probably in that order. Those are the ones seemed to resonate the most. Witcher 3 definitely at the top with 300 hours played on my single playthrough(I did everything in that one)

I am also only playing BotW now, but halfway through and it really has proven itself.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Easy for me. Its Dark Souls. Single handedly redefined gaming for me and gave birth to a new genre. At 2nd place would be Mass Effect 2 and then Amnesia: The Dark Descent, brought back real horror into gaming again and would influence many future games.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know which one comes out on top but it's probably between Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Disco Elysium and Fallout: New Vegas.

Yakuza 0, XCOM 2 and Ace Combat 7 are honourable mentions.

RavFiveFour

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Yeah I don't know how you top Spider-Man, super hero games before weren't on that level of AAA open world (Hats off to Batman Arkham) but Insomniac really touched on greatness and chances are Spider-Man 2 will be even bigger and better.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy 2, which released right at the beginning of the decade. Could've called it off right there, it was all downhill after the GOAT came out

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Wish people would only list one title.

Makes the decision feel more cutthroat and pure.

Anyone can list 5 of their faves.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Forza Horizon 4. Finest games ever made.