Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Most of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

Almost all of Final Fantasy XIV's Trials/Extremes.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
The first thing I thought of was Blue Dragon. I know that's the wrong answer.. and yet.

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always bummed that HSR fight has no really perfect video to share that captures how epic it felt, they're all either using the fast forward speed which ruins the way the music is timed to your moves, or they have reactors that don't let it breath/speak for itself. Gigguk's reaction is the only one I thought captured the hype of it well, but it's hard to recommend a 40 min video to a friend. To me that moment was the best thing in HSR and what I've called the turn based RPG equivalent of "Rules of Nature."

Lots of others, multiple Bloodborne bosses, standouts being Ludwig, Lady Maria, and Logarius.

Some of the boss themes in FF16 are the best thing in the game imo.

View: https://youtu.be/g6UgxJtHIVY

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
FromSoft games generally, but AC6 has some duels that were really elevated.
FF16 had some of the craziest boss fights, in part because the music matched the visual spectacle.
Maybe the entirety of Undertale and Deltarune wouldn't be the same without its music.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
FFXIV's music can really amp up a boss trial. The trials are kind of like group-based dexterity puzzles which are good already, but the music makes them feel like dances.

Ara63

Nov 21, 2023
Pretty much any fight in the Cold Steel games that uses Decisive Collision or Blue Destination.

Special shoutout to the boss rush on the airship in CS4, where the epic Decisive Collision remix they use does a lot of the heavy lifting in making those fights feel like an actual gauntlet when otherwise that sequence wouldn't be that great.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately this fight was particularly easy, because this is possibly the coolest moment in Yakuza games.
Trust me, dont play Yakuza looking for difficulty. Ive been trying to do that for over a decade and its not really worked out for me lol. The series has a lot of great encounters, but seldom will they feel challenging, aside a few optional encounters.

Anyway, my obvious Yakuza released choices are (as usual) - spoilers for several final bosses
:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIwJfVwqOcQ
Itou's fight in Kenzan. To be fair, its both the theme AND the QTE that really makes this fight further hype. But the theme definitely does a lot of heavy lifting.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AKRhnrpWKg
Ishin's final boss theme. Play the original (not the remake) for the better version of the final boss gamepaly. This is ace from beginning to end. Amazing build up, syncs with the intro perfectly. Also the way the theme changes for each phase... amazing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqT06G7cICM
Kaito Files gets a different kind of final boss, reflected by its more sombre tone. This fight isnt some criminal or evil doer, its just two dudes fighting honerably. Its in such stark contrast to the entire rest of the series I cant help not mention it every chance I get. Its such a wonderful theme as well. Definitely a top tier RGGS boss moment.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjv1AN6XldI
Gaiden's final boss theme. This one is kinda personal, because I HATED how 6 ends with Iwami as the final fight. Just a pure shit head that destroys the ending for me, such a lame SOB as Kiryu's "final" fight that it'd stuck with me for a good 7 odd years lol. But this here was basically RGGS chance to fix that wrong, and Gaiden gets a superior final fight, even if it keys off of 5 so darn hard. I love the end part of the song which changes pace to fit with the slower "end" of the fight. 10/10, and thankfully 8 didnt fuck things up with Kiryu's ending either, Kiryu redeemed!)

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Nier replicant. Heartbreaking reprise

Oh and the first boss of automata, my favourite version of that song.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every Metal Gear Rising boss, especially the first and the last battle. 110% hype fights with music

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's not played exclusively for a boss fight but Prisoners of Fate playing during the
Miguel
fight in Chrono Cross was heart-wrenching and so well done.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUPbMd2fbp8

The worst part of that fight is how insanely high the difficulty spikes for it, meaning you will probably die multiple times and have to sit through the cutscene before it every time you retry. The song is MAGICAL but my god the fight is way too dang hard.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
When I read the title, I thought this would be about fights that actually aren't very good but are hard carried by the music tricking you into thinking something amazing is happening. And for that I have two great examples:

The Steps of Faith from FFXIV (before it was changed): You're the last line of defense trying to stop a dragon from breaching Ishgard's walls, and you have to defeat it before it reaches the end. Sounds exciting, right? Unfortunately in gameplay terms this just means following it and hitting its feet, and occasionally firing some ballistas and predetermined spots. However damn if that music doesn't make you feel like you're part of some great battle that will go down in history.

Perfect Dark Gaia from Sonic Unleashed: a Super Sonic fight against a giant monster inside the earth's core with an epic orchestral remix of the game's main theme? Unfortunately the fight blows, but as a kid, hearing that music, think it was familiar and then realising what it was is still a special moment for me.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Gehrman and Ludwig from Bloodborne, Balteus and Ayre from AC 6.

Edit: And Nightmare King Grimm from Hollow Knight

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
The worst part of that fight is how insanely high the difficulty spikes for it, meaning you will probably die multiple times and have to sit through the cutscene before it every time you retry. The song is MAGICAL but my god the fight is way too dang hard.

This mf and Garai were the two bosses that killed me the most in that damn game.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Every boss fight in Nier: Automata, no? The OST elevates a good game to incredible levels!

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
The Stranger - God of War 2018 was a great boss battle and the music was perfect
youtu.be

Deliverance

Provided to YouTube by Sony ClassicalDeliverance · Bear McCrearyGod of War (PlayStation Soundtrack)℗ 2018 Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC, under e...

Kung Fucius

Jun 28, 2019
Undertale - Pretty much every boss fight.
Hollow Knight - Hornet, Mantis Lords, The Hollow Knight.
There's one in Hades II right now that's pretty catchy.