MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
No mention about audio latency? I've only tried two other pairs before and the full second+ delay between audio and visual made them completely unsuitable for anything other than audio-only use.

SanderJK

Oct 31, 2017
www.rtings.com

The 7 Best Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds - Spring 2024: Reviews

The best wireless earbuds we've tested are the Sony WF-1000XM5 Truly Wireless. These earbuds boast a new design and improved sound compared to their predecessor, the Sony WF-1000XM4 Truly Wireless.

Rtings is one of these now just about legacy website that is really about methodology.

Their current stance is that the Samsung WF1000- M5 Truely Wireless are the best in class at ~$300, the Airpod Pros 2 are the best at around $200, the pixels are the best at $100. Pretty close to what I've been hearing.

OP
OP
MadDogTannen

MadDogTannen

Feb 21, 2023
I forgot to mention my wife got a free pair of pixel buds when she got her phone and gave them to me, but I didn't like them as they kept falling out of my ears

I might look into the Galaxy ones

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah these are solid. Love the size and the little hook to keep them secure in your ear. My only criticism, and it's kind of a big one for me but I deal with it because I appreciate their size and fitment, is the fairly low output at max volume.

I don't think I ever have them above 80% or it starts hurting. I'm sure you remember to do this, but I've had issues before where earwax was lowering the volume by a lot

New002

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I ever have them above 80% or it starts hurting. I'm sure you remember to do this, but I've had issues before where earwax was lowering the volume by a lot

I keep them cleaned up yah. It's really just a night and day difference in output between the Pixel A buds and a variety of other Bluetooth and plug-in earbuds I've used/compared them to using the same device (Pixel 6). I've tried messing with various audio-related dev settings on the phone but no difference.

It's not the end of the world but I will find myself in instances where I need it be louder and it's a no-go, like on a quieter audiobook recording when out mowing the lawn or something, where with other earbuds I'd be able to make it work.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The free Pixel Buds Pro that came with my Pixel 8 have been great so far. I've always been super particular about ever picking up earbuds because of bluetooth lag, and have seeked out shit with APTX-LL codecs and whatnot... but I really just use the Pixel Buds for things where that doesn't matter, phone calls, listening to music, youtube where it can already compensate for audio lag, etc. In those regards they've worked just fine.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The free Pixel Buds Pro that came with my Pixel 8 have been great so far. I've always been super particular about ever picking up earbuds because of bluetooth lag, and have seeked out shit with APTX-LL codecs and whatnot... but I really just use the Pixel Buds for things where that doesn't matter, phone calls, listening to music, youtube where it can already compensate for audio lag, etc. In those regards they've worked just fine.
💯 I will stan Bluetooth anything when I can compose music with it on a Hackintosh. Or catch-up to anything that has a 3.5mm input.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Sony WF-1000XM5 and you won't look back.

+1.

On the earbuds vs. earphones point, I always take "earbud" to mean an in-ear wireless headphone. Headphones are wired.

Then you get wireless headphones which I always read as over-ear headphones.

Inconsistent, but seems straightforward to me.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
+1.

On the earbuds vs. earphones point, I always take "earbud" to mean an in-ear wireless headphone. Headphones are wired.

Then you get wireless headphones which I always read as over-ear headphones.

Inconsistent, but seems straightforward to me.
Buds go in the canal, phones don't. Pretty simple!

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Galaxy Buds FE are the only ones I've tried that actually stay in my ears. I wear em all day at work and they're fantastic. Airpods and all the others that use the same design either fall out or get pushed out if I yawn or want to eat something with them in.

Sony and Bose buds seem to look similarly designed and I'm sure there's others.

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
Get some Airpods Pro for your Android.
Works well on my Pixel 6 Pro, but you're forced to have any iOS device or Mac if you want to update them...
...On a second thought, the Pixel Buds Pro could be a better fit

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Buds go in the canal, phones don't. Pretty simple!

Sure, but prior to wireless in-ear buds I would never have referred to them as "earbuds", or had ever really heard them referred to that way.

WIred in-ear headphones were always just "headphones". Wasn't until wireless buds became commonplace that it really caught on here, but now yes in ear are buds, over ear are phones.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Refurbished? Oh then fair point
If they're gonna end up in the trash anyway due to unreplaceable batteries? Might as well pass that baby forward lol

I can't, with good conscience, pay for ear speakers that will die in 2 or 3 years and have worse sound quality than something wired at the same price point.