entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Weird year this year obviously, so no big Thanksgiving for me. I usually cook some sides and a pie for the extended family and we gather at my grandmother's home. Not happening this year, so I may actually just get some prepared foods from Whole Foods and solo it.

What about you?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
nothing really. my parents arent comforable having a bunch of people coming over. we might have some turkey or whatever but we havent really decided

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. I walk alone. In the shadows. Just me and my blade. Hmph. I need no one.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wife works in a hospital with increasing numbers right now, so we are staying away from the rest of the family for their safety. So it looks like it's just the two of us. It's weird - this is the first time not spending thanksgiving with my family.

I have no idea how to even make a turkey and she's a pescatarian so I looks like I'm not getting going to do the traditional dinner either. Probably going to cook us some normal dinner with a salad like it's any other night and then FaceTime all the relatives.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Wife works in a hospital with increasing numbers right now, so we are staying away from the rest of the family for their safety. So it looks like it's just the two of us. It's weird - this is the first time not spending thanksgiving with my family.

I have no idea how to even make a turkey and she's a pescatarian so I looks like I'm not getting going to do the traditional dinner either. Probably going to cook us some normal dinner with a salad like it's any other night and then FaceTime all the relatives.

just get a turkey breast, tons of fool-proof ways to prepare it.

just me and my SO. Please don't go to family gatherings.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
My brother is still cooking food for everyone to go. We'll probably zoom for dinner and then I'll smoke a little and watch football/play Switch

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
your mom's house
Not sure yet. My SO's mom is trying to guilt us into coming over. I don't care either way because it won't be a large gathering, but it feels weird.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just going to my wife's parents. We see them every weekend so it's really no different that any other time.

My mom got COVID from my grandparents and with my wife being pregnant that's a no go.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sigh we're getting together. Grandparents bowed out(thank goodness, I think the case boost has them spooked, as this is a hard choice for my grandma) so it's just my siblings/spouses and my aunt. They aren't all super reckless at least. Wish one wasn't flying in tho. It'll be my one cheat day since March and even then I'll be measuring my sides(6 months on Keto, I'm down about 50 lbs).
Lunch, play some music(good chunk of us play instruments)and play some games(board and video )

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
We don't usually gather the family together for Thanksgiving anyway, so not much will change this year. Just cooking a big meal and hanging out really.
...Christmas on the other hand...

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Same as the past couple Thanksgivings. Quiet day with my immediate family that I live with day to day anyways. Haven't really attended any extended family gatherings for awhile now, COVID or not.

May 31, 2018
Ohio
My wife and I will be here at home. We usually have a large gathering with family, but we've canceled it this year. I'll probably invite my mother over, but that'll be it.

Same general idea for Christmas, although we haven't talked about that much.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
me and my sister are meeting up

we have both been isolated from others, but im still worried

im wondering if i should call it off, but i believe her when she says she's been cooped up this whole time

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Small family gathering, gonna be about 7 of us possibly but looking forward to football, food and some day drinking lol

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I usually host her family.

Not doing that this year. It will just be us and my brother in-law, who has been staying with us during the plague. We have a Turkey breast, fake mashed potatoes, and fake stuffing. All we need is the pumpkin pie.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Doing what I always do every year

Buy something precooked

Spend time with wife and parents (since we all live together)

This year gonna spend some time on Switch 🥶

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
Staying home, not visiting my anti-mask qanon believing family. Might make a pizza. Not sure yet.

Sep 14, 2019
I'm hoping we have that "buffet-style" dinner outside in the open, where we'd just get the food we want and go back to our homes/rooms, instead of sitting at the table together.

Either way, my parents are very well aware I don't want to eat with the family this year, so they won't be too disappointed. I'll just get some grub, heat it up, and go into my room.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Staying home and making a special meal with my family. Not really that different since we usually don't travel or anything anyway.

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Staying home, ordering a Thanksgiving meal from a local place, and eating with the family I live with. It sucks not to see my Grandpa this year especially after losing my grandmother but I don't want to be the reason we lose him too.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sitting my ass at home away from everyone because people in my country are too stupid to wear a mask to save lives.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Unfortunately agreed to visit parents in the next state over before everything went to shit and I feel like it's too late to bail without causing a ton of drama despite all the updated guidance statements in the last 48-72 hours. I'm a little worried about risk exposure but my parents have been doing a good job up to now with masking and staying in their bubble but I'd really prefer to have just stayed home and not have to deal with this at all.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Getting COVID tests and then, if negative, spending it with the in-laws. Will be weird - used to 30-40 person gatherings.

Oct 27, 2017
baking a big vegetarian lasagna! staying in my apartment with my roommate.

no fam this year. it's okay, i'll leave a zoom room open all day.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Staying home and pretending it's a normal day.

I live in a duplex, and the folks downstairs are attending a small gathering, but a couple folks are flying in to town for it. So I'll be trying not to think about that, likely my anxiety will be through the roof. I picked a bad year to stop drinking.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My aunt has Covid, but I was already priming my (conservative) family that I was going to be staying at home this year.
I do think I'm going to just buy a Turkey and cook it myself as cooking practice.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
and I feel like it's too late to bail without causing a ton of drama
honestly, the drama might be worth the cancellation, shit is super fucked out there right now, im considering the same right now

I trust that my sister has been careful, but shit is SO fucked that I'd rather not risk this at all

she's got kids, what if im asymptomatic, etc etc.

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Staying home with the wife and our 20 month old. Going to make steaks and some sides. Possibly have a few friends over in the evening for socially distanced outdoor drinks on our back porch.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Nothing. Always went to extended family gatherings and we aren't doing that this year. Wife and I don't really cook, so it will probably just be a regular day off.

In-laws might prep something and set it out for me to swing by and pick up.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I don't know yet, was planning on eating with my parents, grandparents and brother(6 people total, all of which I see weekly), but last I heard from my parents they wanted to cancel that and not do anything. Will probably go to my parents house tonight so I suppose they'll update me.

personally wouldn't mind if it got canceled, I'll just hang at home.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
honestly, the drama might be worth the cancellation, shit is super fucked out there right now, im considering the same right now

I trust that my sister has been careful, but shit is SO fucked that I'd rather not risk this at all

she's got kids, what if im asymptomatic, etc etc.
Can you get a COVID test before going?

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I think my girl and I are just gonna hang at the house and do a nice roast chicken for dinner with some sides.

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
Can you get a COVID test before going?
im doing that today, but I can't help but worry, my work environment isn't nearly as secure as I'd like and I'm gonna be there leading up to Thanksgiving

im gonna try and be extra cautious, but it's a virus, ya know?

shit's fucked