• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
Luckily I live a minimalist way of life so I know how to live without spending much on top of my savings.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I'm amazed so many go out to eat regularly to begin with. I very rarely order takeaway and if I ever do I always cut a deal so I never pay full price, even rarer I actually go somewhere to eat. It's home-cooked meals all the time for me as usual, though I have asked my dad to make more food for me that I then go and pick up since he's a better cook than me. Apart from that I'm not really doing anything to save, I'm a very frugal person to begin with, though saying that I did just buy a Switch Lite and I'll be picking up a few games next month, but apart from video games I'm a very frugal person.

Same. $5 here for lunch, and another $5 there and it starts to add up pretty quickly. But then again I guess everyone has those one or two things they find really compelling and make them happy.

Personally, I've cut my subscriptions: I stopped subscribing to Final Fantasy 14 Online, cut back my Netflix DVD subscription from 3 DVDs at a time to 1 (might drop it entirely), and am most likely going to drop my Gamefly subscription too. I'd also drop the Netflix streaming subscription, but my Mom really uses it a lot so I figure it'll be worth keeping that one at least.

It sucks to do all of that, though. I'd been really enjoying FF14, and had even upgraded my PC to play it more comfortably, but had to sell the parts and stick with what I have. Being able to get so many DVDs in the mail was also really handy and convenient, and I've said it before but Gamefly is IMO the best value in gaming and the one subscription I'd hoped to keep as long as possible. Its just - even if things do calm down and get back to normal, right now it seems like saving money is the wiser ploy.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Not going out with my friends saves a lot of money.

I already was cooking at home and making my own coffee, so...