Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
117423.jpg

Xbox's 20th Anniversary will be on Nov 15th. Celebrations were started earlier this year but it has mostly just been merch and such as of now (Though I do want one of those 20th Anniversary Xbox Controllers). While we still have more than a month until the anniversary, I was curious to see what people expect from the upcoming anniversary.

Personally, I'm not expecting too much. If I were to throw a few guesses out there I could see perhaps some more Xbox BC titles added to the service and maybe a small show giving a few updates on upcoming projects. As Halo shares the same anniversary I would definitely expect something Halo-related as well.

One thing that I would really love to see despite being a pipe dream would be a boxing match between Phil Spencer and Tim Schafer.

Oct 28, 2017
Australia
Yeah I'm thinking a BIG BC announcement, maybe resolution boost or something.

And the fight needs to be between J Allard and Peter Moore tag team against Phil and Aaron Greenberg

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
New BC games, FPS Boost games, maybe res boost. For Halo if we haven't seen campaign by then, maybe a campaign trailer. Nothing too crazy, just some nice things for fans.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Campaign trailer for Halo Infinite is a safe bet. Not really sure on anything else, would appreciate some unexpected surprises.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting campaign gameplay for Halo Infinite as by then it will be gold.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they would've released a 20th Anniversary Series S. Clear shell with some green would've been pretty cool. As far as what I'm expecting

- Some BC games
- News about the state of the program (will it continue or end for good)
- Potentially some Halo Infinite campaign gameplay

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Mini fridge updates/preorders.
New OG and 360 BC games and BC HD upgrades.
Halo Infinite Campaign footage.
Merch.

Fantasy guess: the removal of Gold as a requirement to play online.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
- A bunch of new Game Pass games.
- A bunch of new FPS Boost games.
- A bunch of new BC games, both regular and/or enhanced.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
New BC titles and/or features. It's the perfect time.
A new trailer for the next Halo, maybe.
Maybe an event or liveries in Forza Horizon 5, which should be out by then right?

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Backwards compatible OG and Xbox 360 games. Games with Gold being Xbox themed, think Halo MCC, Blue Dragon, Forza 4. Big gamepass drop and probably a campaign update for Halo Infinite.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
BC news and maybe a roundtable thing with former Xbox execs to talk about the history of Xbox.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
I wonder if there will be an event around that timeframe, they recently had some pretty decent ones in November where they announced acquisitions, new games ecc. Think it's called XO.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
What big games are there that aren't BC? I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's stuff I'm thinking of but the list is already pretty impressive and seems to have most of the big first party games.

Coincidentally I was close to purchasing Max Payne 3 yesterday. But was curious if it had any kind of enhancement, only to find out that the game is not BC.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to buy one of those 20th anniversary controllers. Also the surprise announcement of Blinx returning. Hah.

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
Announcement of another huge acquisition, as a reward for loyal fans.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Im not really expecting anything. A stats page for your xbox live account and maybe some og xbox games added to bc.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm thinking:

- Some kind of video about the anniversary
- A batch of BC games
- maybe we get like one of those stat emails (lol) that tells us our "journey" over the last 20 years
- Mini Fridge availability/release
- Halo campaign footage maybe?

Chippewa Barr