• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I'm really hoping it's Gaelic as opposed to Norse. Maybe it was someone who doesn't really know their history. Being Irish, know that we have runes also,Called Ogham, very ancient writing.
Ogham-Alphabet.-724x1024.png

Makes sense if people had heard the word "rune" and just assumed it was going to be Scandinavian Norse stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so excited right now. Two questions:
1) Assuming this is launching next year, do we know if this game is cross gen or next gen only?
2) How the fuck is From able to create these absolutely massive games with goty quality in such short timeframe? DS2 remastered, BB+DLC, DS3+DLC, Sekiro and now their most epic game yet. And they are not a big studio if I'm not mistaken. Somebody explain this in detail please, how come their production pipeline be so ahead of the rest of the industry.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
So this pretty much confirms the original rumor that had the GRRM bit. High Fantasy/Medieval setting with an open world where you visit Kingdoms in any order and get abilities from the Princes you kill there. Let's GO

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean if it releases in early 2020 then we'll probably get a full trailer. Otherwise... yeah... a teaser hahaha. Maybe this also means we're not getting Sekiro DLC cuz announcing this would take away the spotlight from the DLC.
I'm selfish so I'm praying its both. I feel Sekiro sort of needs a dlc pack to really push it into the upper echelon of From games.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
2) How the fuck is From able to create these absolutely massive games with goty quality in such short timeframe? DS2, BB+DLC, DS3+DLC, Sekiro and now their most epic game yet. And they are not a big studio if I'm not mistaken. Somebody explain this in detail please, how can their production pipeline be so ahead of the rest of the industry.

Multiple projects going at the same time. 300+ people divided between projects sharing resources with each other and a lot of outsourcing.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Everything I posted in this thread was speculation -- I am not an insider and have never been an insider. I'm not Omnipotent and I have no sources.

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
1) Assuming this is launching next year, do we know if this game is cross gen or next gen only?
2) How the fuck is From able to create these absolutely massive games with goty quality in such short timeframe? DS2 remastered, BB+DLC, DS3+DLC, Sekiro and now their most epic game yet. And they are not a big studio if I'm not mistaken. Somebody explain this in detail please, how come their production pipeline be so ahead of the rest of the industry.
They are not shy about reusing assets if it makes sense to do so. And sadly crunch probably....

Hoping for multiplatform.
Already confirmed to be.

quibbler

Nov 11, 2017
So this is what I got so far:
This could be a hint for two things: the High Fantasy role-playing game and the high fantasy sub-genre.
Dungeons & Dragons influence?
Social
Cat
Or
Titan
Land
Scotland.
Unearthed Knowledge is the name of a certain quest in WoW. Or perhaps UK but it feels a bit far-fetched.
I don't know what New is supposed to be a hint for, but A Feast For Crows is the title of the fourth book of the ASOIAF series so it might be a hint to GRRM involvement... Maybe. (edit: new IP, not related to GoT?)

Last edited:

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. The game takes a lot from Gaelic, Celtic, and general British Isles. Some really creepy stuff in this game, dark fantasy through the roof. Lore, world, and monster designs are very original though with their own twist, in typical Fromsoftware fashion
giphy.gif

This might as well be Bloodborne 2... but that may be selling itself short
From outplaying the current magnum opus that is bloodborne will be a sight to see.

I have never seen this much "magnum opus" thrown around since DMC5 and that delievered

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good but I can't handle another game with slow Dark Souls combat after Sekiro. Hopefully theres a variety of combat styles.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
"Though I should also mention that I think people expecting battles between lions, wolves, stags and giddorah's might end up disappointed, there is no Feast for Crows here"

I hope this isn't slick code for "GRRM isn't actually working on this game at all."

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
This part in particular is tricky. Anyone who read the book can chime in or possible theories ?
I dunno I just took it that it's not a Game of Thrones game 'There's no Feast for Crows Here' and an opportunity to play with words '(those who expect Norse) may end up feasting on crows to say the least.'
I think we all kinda have the inclination that GRRM is involved at least at some kind of basic consultation level right? Other than that those lines feel like he's playing with our outlandish expectations of that knowledge.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious how their next game will play. I have yet to play Sekiro, but I like the rhythm of it in videos.