• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Hello friends,

I'm looking to broaden my horizons and go to more Broadway shows in general and wanted to get a sense of which ones to seek out (depending on their touring schedules). Les Misérables will be coming to Atlanta in June, so I'll be trying to go to that.

I'm also going to SIX this weekend!

Thanks!

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Company (when staged properly), Next to Normal. A Little Night Music. Sweeney Todd.

Les Mis is great provided it's done properly, but it can be agony if done badly.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
The Drowsy Chaperone (My favourite show)
Cabaret
Company
Into the Woods
Assassins
Next to Normal
Come From Away
Man of no Importance

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i saw The Producers during its first run, with nathan lane and matthew broderick

it was the best broadway show i had ever seen in my life

Oct 26, 2017
Big fan of Hadestown personally. Beetlejuice was great too if you are a fan of the original.
Glad I gave Beetlejuice a second chance. I remember their song at the Tonys just annoyed the hell out of me, and I was like....Nah. This is awful. Spotify shuffled a song into my mix last year and I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Ended up falling in love a tad. Maybe a lot. Saw it in Chicago last year with the family, and it was one of the most fun audiences I've ever been a part of.

One of my biggest regrets is not pulling the trigger on getting tickets to see Hadestown in New York while Patrick Page was still part of it.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Book of Mormon is worth seeing just to see who leaves early because people on stage are singing "fuck you god".

Everyone always expects it to be the old theater ladies, but they are an unflappable bunch and ain't wasting their money. When I saw it, it was a handful of middle aged white folk, men and women.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Big fan of Hadestown personally. Beetlejuice was great too if you are a fan of the original.
Both are great.

I haven't gotten to see Hadestown live yet, yet "We Built the Wall" is my favorite musical song of all time.

Beetlejuice the musical I got to see live last year and it was so fun! Breakout song is "That Beautiful Sound" and "Creepy old Guy"

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Miss Saigon is my personal favorite.

But I also love anything from Weber (Joseph & the Amazing technicolor Dreamcoat, Evita, jesus Christ Superstar, Starlight Express, Sunset Boulevard) and Sondheim (Sunday in the Park with George, Company, Sweeney Todd)

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I'll skip the usual suspects and say Grey Gardens.

I had the chance to see it on Broadway many years ago now and the experience is still with me. Amazing show, recommend it if a production is playing near you.

beat

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not much for Broadway but I saw the film presentation of Allegiance a few years ago and I found it very good.

Order of Out

Jan 31, 2022
Sondheim. Into the Woods

[edit] more recently, Beetlejuice and Back to the Future. 80's nostalgia-laded but still good!

Last edited:

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
there are so many I've seen I wish more people could experience Mrs Doubtfire was incredible as was Jagged Little Pill.

Courfeyrac

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
A few shows that I love that haven't been mentioned yet that I love are Merrily We Roll Along, A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder and Cabaret.

Going to second Come From Away, Next to Normal and A Man of No Importance as well.

I love Les Mis, but I am really not a fan of the current staging. I miss the turntable and the old choreography too much.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Echoing the Hadestown love. Saw it a couple months ago and it instantly shot into my top five. I saw SIX last year and really enjoyed that as well.

Rock of Ages is always a good time too. It's in a weird position though where the movie version definitely improved the story, yet severely toned down the comedy that's in the show.

There's really only two that I've seen that I can say I actively disliked, Camelot and Once. Camelot is just fucking boring and I hated the book. Once is just that I'm a huge fan of the movie and they made massive changes to the story to turn it into much more a comedy. I really disliked it.