Addi

Oct 25, 2017
A PS4. I already have a Switch and could probably wait for the PS5, but you know, Corona.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Tempted to get a Switch Lite but I also just bought a PS4. Pretty convinced I've let the idea pass for the most part but brother do I wanna play New Horizons.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I've been trying to buy RingFit since last year, that one I would gladly spend money on, but it's out-of-stock everywhere. It's a shame, unfortunately.
It has way more playability than fitness boxing. Just added some new modes the other day too. Keep looking for it cause it is really good.

That's also the last time I've ever set foot in gamestop when I bought ring fit in October. Kept asking if I wanted a warranty or to sign up for the game club. Really annoying especially since the clerk was a dick about it

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
I was about to buy an electric guitar before all this, if I end alive and still employed may still do it. H

fakefaker

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have a perfectly good, 2010 vw golf 5door manual with only 44km on it, and yet I'm still crazy enough to want a new car. Yeah, the additional monthly payments would be a really great thing right now.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I spent $300 importing a rhythm game controller because my local Round1 is going to be closed until at least May >_>

Nov 1, 2017
Bullshit I have already bought: a new weed trimmer to replace the one that fell apart on me last summer. I am spending the weekend edging (hurr hurr) the back garden.

Bullshit I am really wanting to buy: a new TV to replace the one that's over ten years old, doesn't really handle brightness, and keeps not playing audio when I come out of Netflix.

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
I already have a decent TV, but been thinking about buying a bigger and better quality TV since theres a bunch of sales going on...but with how uncertain things are im holding back. Who knows when ill need that money.

7/10 bullshit
I'm in the same exact position. I bought a $400 TV over the summer and it's pretty good (TCL 617), but I really want the new LG CX.

9/10 bullshit

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Just bought some headphones (Shure SE215) for my Switch. I have so many pairs already (Senn HD 5xx, AirPods, Bose QC35II) , but I wanted a durable wired IEM to dedicate to my Switch. Total bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Already bought
Lemon tree
Pre built gaming PC-now two PC's fully running in the home office
4k Blu-ray player despite having an older (near 4yr old) 4k tv and rise of Skywalker 4k
Really tempted to go for a new 4k tv and move the old one to another room. We have 3 1080p+ 50-60in screens and a few smaller ones but our office could handle a hanging panel.

Or Roku speakers to go with our Roku tv, but I'd rather go for a new 4k and expand from there.

Maybe some more lutron devices to swap out more light switches here.

Also bought
Ton of small Lego sets and other toys for the kids to deal with the situation.croquet, kid friendly lawn darts
Cakepop maker

This virus is saving us a ton of money frankly. No gas money spent. Way down on eating out. Cancelled or placed on hold kids activities and some memberships. Dealing with day care tuition now, that's an extra 2k+ between now and end of May.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A $600 blow dryer. I'm sure a $20 one works just as well, but I'm curious about it. Plus I value my hair.

Oct 29, 2017
With a year of student loans on deck, as well as potential mortgage payments and preparing for parenthood, buying a modded backlit GBA feels like a 12/10 bullshit purchase, especially with numerous homebrewed devices already capable of playing those games.

But man do I get jealous whenever I check out the subreddit or the thread over in Gaming.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Nothing as of yet, though I am buying oculus quest games because of a sale. If we are talking about hw bullshit, well I brought the quest back in Dec, just before it all kicked off. Still paying it off so it kinda applies to this?

Vacation simulator: 9/10 bullshit

Arizona sunshine: 8/10 bullshit

Oculus quest: 10/10 bullshit, would bullshit again

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Home internet service

I have an unlimited data plan and have been using my phone for everything to save money, but I was worried recently that the currently optional work from home at my job would become mandatory as the situation changed, but now they say they are classified as essential and intend to stay open, but I keep thinking of the convience of the work from home and the entertainment of home internet on my off time and wondering if I should stay frugal and responsible or indulge.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Kitchen-Aid Mixer
More kitchen stuff honestly lol. I'm gonna need to eat anyway, so I want to experiment with stuff.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
im buying new Lego sets for me and pieces to complete old lego sets so my son can have them.

entertainment for me and my son?

7/10 bullshit.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
Box Throne Board Game Shelves.

Holding off...
What's the appeal? They're stupid expensive, ugly, wobbly, and maybe at best marginally more practical for boardgames than a Kallax. Wouldn't even consider it.

My list? Here ya go:
-The animal crossing player's guide and a bunch of other gaming-related books because I guess I've developed an obsession with those lately
-More board games oh god I really don't need any more at this point I could play the games I have now for a lifetime and still have a blast
-Pop tarts they are terrible why do I like them ugh and I have to pay import prices
-A Valve Index

All solid 9/10's

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Already bought into ETFs that are negatively leveraged. My assumption is that the bottom has to give out eventually.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
A porthole (maybe two, depending on the size) for my staircase wall. Also I saw this cool octopus arm statue that I was thinking of using as a lamp, so maybe that. Fits in with the nautical theme I have going in my hallway.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Part of me wants to upgrade my xbone to an xbone x to replay Red Dead Redemption and to maybe have slightly better looking and faster loading Yakuza.
I almost certainly will not... unless someone can verify if the yakuza games load faster on an x.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
I already have a decent TV, but been thinking about buying a bigger and better quality TV since theres a bunch of sales going on...but with how uncertain things are im holding back. Who knows when ill need that money.

7/10 bullshit
Same here, I was so close to buying a C9 two weeks ago but then changed my mind. Would rather save for an emergency.

Also, may switch to FFVIIR Digital if i get no tracking/shipping update next week.

FF7/10 bullshit because I got the Amazon discount in June.

Last edited:

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
I want to build an sff pc for the living room so that I'll play VR stuff more. Completely unnecessary so a 10/10

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
A refurbished Thinkpad for my mom.

All she has is a piece of shit Chromebook and it's making my life a living hell because it's barely a computer and can't do shit.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Bullshit:

Resident Evil 3 (RE is in my top 3 franchises of all time, so totally worth it)
Lens replacement for my VIVE Pro

Non-bullshit:

Indoor exercise bike
USB MIDI keyboard. I do amateur music production and have a lot more time for it now and my keyboard from 2005 just crapped out

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Better grafics card for my pc. The current one plays my games fine (high settings and 60fps ) but i want ultra settings...

BS Level 7/10

A nicer tv with 120hz and vrr support for next gen consoles. My current one is fine but "only 4k HDR"....

BS Level 6/10

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i already have a great commuter bike but I've been riding for exercise since the shutdown and started getting bored with just... riding.

i bought a bmx bike off Craigslist so i can hop around on things.

it's pretty bullshit but it's also keeping me active - maybe 6/10?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to redo the man cave in about a year and drop over $3000 on it, pure vanity. This is not including the new consoles, games or perhaps new television. This is posters, custom gaming pilliows, gaming rugs, arcade machine, etc.

11/10 on the bullshit scale.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Bought a DJ controller (Pioneer DDJ 400) to finally start mixing music like I've wanted to for months. It will take some time to master at a basic level, but hey... I've got time.

BS level about 5-6/10

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Bought a DJ controller (Pioneer DDJ 400) to finally start mixing music like I've wanted to for months. It will take some time to master at a basic level, but hey... I've got time.

BS level about 5-6/10

Nice.
Once you get a handle of navigating Rekordbox, you'll be shocked how quickly you'll pick up basic mixing with it.

EngenZerO

Oct 27, 2017
Teraflex ST1 Lift, Fox IFP Shocks and Fox Steering Stabilizer , SS Yeti Trackbar, and a Bestop Sunrider for my Jeep.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Held off for two years but now, literally 6 months from PS5 I'm strongly considering buying a Pro.

Jet engine bullshit.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Switch and Animal Crossing. I will likely do what I did last time: use it to enjoy the game then sell it on when I'm done, effectively renting it for a while.

I guess it's a 5/10 bullshit purchase... I don't need it, but have very low energy right now due to a health condition unrelated to the crisis, and often I don't even have energy to sit up at my desk to play on my PC. This would help a lot.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Action figures. So many action figures.
I wanna do more figure photography but I got online courses to worry about. I don't need more distractions.
Bullshit: 10/10

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're on this fence about a new puppy. My wife and daughter have been isolated at home with no end in sight. Our last dog passed away in January and I didn't plan on getting another pet for a long time, but it's been hard without a companion especially in today's world.

0/10 bullshit, 10/10 dogshit