• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I've been picking up PSP games (which is it's own dumb thing)

And now I am thinking of getting a mini PC (maybe the Beelink SER5) just to emulate PSP games on my TV. I can already emulate them great on my existing PC. I probably won't play them (as I have a big PS5 backlog)

But I still keep thinking about it.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
6YUDxwn.jpeg

A Polaroid camera. I've never really been into photography, but some travel vloggers I watch had one of these on a recent trip to Hong Kong and it just looked like a lot of fun. Like a lot of millenials, my family had one of these in the early 90s so there's the obvious nostalgia factor. I absolutely do not need it and it would be 100% for the nostalgia trip...but man it's really tempting.

etiira

Oct 25, 2017
My pixel 5a suddenly died and I splurged on a galaxy s24 ultra to replace it. Definitely some bullshit I don't need, but I want something that can last 4-5 years and I've been eyeing the galaxy note as something I've wanted and would never be able to afford since the original came out in 2011.

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to narrow down a spring/summer fragrance to add to my collection: between Elysium, Aoud Lemon Mint, Bleu de Chanel Parfum and Colonia Essenza. Colonia Essenza is particularly hard to find samples of but is pretty cheap online so it might end up being a blind buy that I know won't be my only choice...

NoseyPepper

Oct 29, 2017
Trying to narrow down a spring/summer fragrance to add to my collection: between Elysium, Aoud Lemon Mint, Bleu de Chanel Parfum and Colonia Essenza. Colonia Essenza is particularly hard to find samples of but is pretty cheap online so it might end up being a blind buy that I know won't be my only choice...
Bleu de Chanel Parfum (and its other variants) work so well as all-year-rounders, but because of that, I don't treat it as a spring/summer specific fragrance. When the sun comes out and the weather warms up, I want to look at my collection and get excited to put on something I only get to use a few months out of the year. Can't smell like a grapefruit in the winter!

kazinova

Oct 27, 2017
Bleu de Chanel Parfum (and its other variants) work so well as all-year-rounders, but because of that, I don't treat it as a spring/summer specific fragrance. When the sun comes out and the weather warms up, I want to look at my collection and get excited to put on something I only get to use a few months out of the year. Can't smell like a grapefruit in the winter!
I had to laugh reading this, I get what you mean, but specifically the statement that grapefruit and winter don't mix along with Bleu de Chanel is a "all-year-rounder" is funny given grapefruit is a primary note. I think the reality is I'll use spring/summer as an excuse to snag BdC and one of the other ones. I just hope I don't like Elysium so I don't end up emptying my hobbies budget

elproducto

Oct 31, 2017
So my wife just came back from Japan and picked me up a Shelter Harmony moving coil cartridge:

d77f2a623186dee980d4ceae5b014feda5917c12.jpeg

Aaaaaaaand in the process of trying to mount it to my 20-year old turntable I tore the cartridge spade. After seeing if my tonearm can be easily rewired (it can't) I then moved on to determing if I can replace the tonearm itself... which I can't due to it's age and unique mounting board.

So I just placed an order for a Rega Planar 10 in white (sans cartridge):

Rega-P10-WHT-LSS-2.jpg

100% bullshit but also 100% necessary.
Oh damn, that is a serious Cart. Here I am trying to talk myself out of a $250 Audiotechnica. Congrats, that thing is beautiful!

elproducto

Oct 31, 2017
Bought a new HOTAS, replacing my way too long in the tooth X52 Pro.

Winwing HOTAS Max is a serious upgrade from that piece of junk Saitek.

KpVf4o7.png

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
$2,300 camera lens.

Sony 24-70MM f2.8 GM.

I'm trying to pay off debt...so I'm holding for now.....but my birthday is coming soon lol

I don't need it. But photography is my hobby/side gig. 5/10.

Gambit61

Oct 26, 2017
Caved and bought another mouse and keyboard even though I have plenty. Also grabbed Hi-Fi Rush on sale. At least they only cost me less than $60 🤭

Barrin

Dec 12, 2017
Thinking about buying a Honda CRV hybrid. Need a car but should probably be looking at something for less.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
Never spent so much on a damn hat.

H85_SS24_MLB_NE_DarkRoyal02_720x.jpg

Luckily got one in my size at retail, I imagine prices will be even more inflated on eBay.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm getting sucked back into collecting physical comic books, which I haven't done since I was a teenager. I still have about 100 books from back then in storage, and I decided to start cataloging them using a great app called CLZ. What's cool is it tells you which issues you're missing in any particular series/run. I've been scouring ebay to see what's available, but this weekend I'll be making a trek to a couple LCS' in my area to what they have - I'm honestly pretty excited about it.

Thankfully most of the issues and/or series I want to collect aren't rare or prohibitively expensive, but I can already feel my wallet screaming at me.

Last edited:

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
I "need" a new DJ controller but the reality is that I don't really play out anymore. The one I have is so old that it doesn't even work with Windows 11 (they stopped making drivers/ supporting it). Moreover, the one I want is already 4 years old (Pioneer DDJ 800) yet the prices have not gone down at all (even used ones are maybe 100 less than new).

I'm trying to convince myself if I get a new one, I'll get back into making mixes for my Mixcloud/ try to get booked places but the reality is that it will probably collect dust.

Feb 18, 2019
I want to buy my first Gunpla. HG Aerial Rebuild or just Aerial...
My birthday is in a month and a half, so maybe then I will finally pull the trigger on it, but man.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
A massive studio light and softbox to make filming my short films easier. It's like £800 total but fuck man I hate using crappy paper lanterns. My first short film just won a Best Film award this week so I almost feel justified in treating myself to a huge purchase like this lmao.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Considering a gaming PC. I don't play many games much, but we're having a baby and when my daughter was young I played RDR2 with her asleep on me late into the night so my wife could sleep, and I really liked doing that. And now with no 60fps patch/remaster in sight for new consoles, I've thought about getting a gaming PC to play it in proper 4K/60. I'd also like to get into the modding stuff for Fallout 3 & NV. Definitely don't need one, but want one, to fill that PC shaped hole in my heart

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had any reason to all to be into recording and/or sound editing, as everything Teenage Engineering makes looks faaaantastic.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
My first short film just won a Best Film award this week so I almost feel justified in treating myself to a huge purchase like this.

Congratulations!

I read (but rarely partake) your weekend threads, and it was nice to see your progress … 😊

As for me, not overly bullshit per se, but we got our chimney inspected last weekend, and the plasterer was here on Friday to give the chimney breast/fire place a nice smooth surface, all ready for a little wood burner!

county%205%20mf05072021124729.png

It is costing me £999 for this blooming thing.

tejinashi

Dec 23, 2022
Currently have my eye on:

a folding bluetooth keyboard
a small travel umbrella
a magnetic usb C cable

Don't really have a major use for any of it, but I feel they are 'nice to haves'.

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
A level1tech KVM. I was looking for a KVM so I can stop wasting time changing cables from my work laptop to my personal PC/MacBook and was about to purchase one from Amazon. Apparently, it's better to avoid the cheap ones but then the only decent one is that level1tech KVM. I've been keeping an eye on their products for a year now...maybe it's time to pull the trigger but that price.
So I finally pulled the trigger on this earlier this month(and glad I did before the yen tumbled further), not bad at all. It's not perfect, there are times when switching to a different computer, my monitor just goes to no signal(usually macOS) but when it works, it's a great KVM. I can even play games on it in 144 hz but wouldn't really recommend it. Maybe once or twice a week, the signal will just drop for a second but then comes back on. Use good cables if you're going to buy this. At first, I had so many signal drops until I switched to zeskit and the hdmi cables they sell. Anker, club 3d, etc kept giving me problems. So far, a high 3.8 or 4/5.

If anyone knows any good hdmi 2.1 cables, please let me know.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Built a Zoom75 keyboard the other day and currently waiting on a matching Zoompad. I'm now eyeing up a couple other keyboard builds; the Time65 next week and a Mode Encore in June. I think I'm done with mechanical keyboard builds unless a Kohaku or Unikorn gets a re-release.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So apparently roborock now has a trade-in program so I can trade up my stupid expensive 2022 robot vacuum for a newer model? I didn't know robot vacuum companies did those.

us.roborock.com

Roborock Trade In

Roborock's intelligent automatic robot vacuum cleaners turn time spent vacuuming and mopping into free time for you to spend on the better things in life.

NoseyPepper

Oct 29, 2017
Square Enix is reissuing the limited edition music box for Aerith's Theme. The original only had like 80 or so pieces produced. At close to $1,000, adult-me thinks this is BS, but the inner kid in me who saw this a bajillion years ago and missed out on it then...needs it now.

240404_ff7musicbox_1.jpg

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix is reissuing the limited edition music box for Aerith's Theme. The original only had like 80 or so pieces produced. At close to $1,000, adult-me thinks this is BS, but the inner kid in me who saw this a bajillion years ago and missed out on it then...needs it now.

240404_ff7musicbox_1.jpg

Well time to do my regular search for a Faraway Promise music box. Thanks for reminding me.

AceStrimmer

Feb 12, 2021
I've been picking up PSP games (which is it's own dumb thing)

And now I am thinking of getting a mini PC (maybe the Beelink SER5) just to emulate PSP games on my TV. I can already emulate them great on my existing PC. I probably won't play them (as I have a big PS5 backlog)

But I still keep thinking about it.
Quasi-snap! I'm hunting UMDs myself- especially the more obscure 80s ones.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Half asleep, I picked this up on a whim from a comment from a video about knife sharpening but it ended up being incredibly useful. The Work Sharp Mk2:

I sharpened all my kitchen knives and they all ended up better than new. I was finally able to cut onions rapidly and precisely like all those cooking videos.

I was mowing the lawn and the mower was struggling with some thicker patches. Took off the blade, sharpened it with this in a matter of minutes, solved all the issues.

Pays for itself in not having to buy new knives.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Half asleep, I picked this up on a whim from a comment from a video about knife sharpening but it ended up being incredibly useful. The Work Sharp Mk2:

I sharpened all my kitchen knives and they all ended up better than new. I was finally able to cut onions rapidly and precisely like all those cooking videos.

I was mowing the lawn and the mower was struggling with some thicker patches. Took off the blade, sharpened it with this in a matter of minutes, solved all the issues.

Pays for itself in not having to buy new knives.
Precisely the shit i don't need but want. I even bought the spyderco triangle sharp maker not long ago, which is really good but rather "manual" compared to this...