• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rhn94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think this is a comprehension problem. You are using the term conspiracy here where the correct term is conspiracy theory.

A conspiracy is an agreement between two or more people to commit a crime or do something else illicit. In this case, usually conceal embarrassing or incriminating facts (Watergate), sometimes manufacture a false reality (the original US account of the Gulf of Tonkin incident).

A conspiracy theory, on the other hand, is an account which alleges a conspiracy. Various conspiracy theories surround the sudden deaths of major figures (John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Princess Diana), major political events such as 9/11 and the Roswell UFO reports, and even secret locations (Area 51, the HAARP project in Alaska). A conspiracy theory doesn't necessarily imply the existence of a conspiracy.

should really be conspiracy hypothesis

rhn94

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Grenfell tower in London burned for 60 hours and was still standing after.

But building 7 came down in 7 hours or something like that?

I'm not saying it was taken down with explosives but I don't think anyone is a loon for not fully accepting that fire as the reason it came down.

Granted building 7 is way bigger and I'm sure the floors held a lot more weight and the columns and shit were designed in a way to come straight down if they ever had to give. And I understand that it's water was cut off. Plus damage from the debris. All which I'm sure had to do with it coming down like it did.

The videos of building 7 coming down look like a demo and I don't think it's complete lunacy for someone to look at it and come away thinking that it's what happened.

The way it's presented by the conspiracy theorists is convincing enough that its probably one of the more widely believed conspiracies out there. Thats how they get ya.

feels like you're just trying to justify to yourself that you're not a loon for believing 9/11 conspiracy theories

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I believe that the military/contractors are conspiring together to steal money from the United states population via their black projects with no accountability or oversight in the United States.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

nintchdbpict000331466766.jpg

I'm not saying it was taken down with explosives but I don't think anyone is a loon for not fully accepting that fire as the reason it came down.

Granted building 7 is way bigger and I'm sure the floors held a lot more weight and the columns and shit were designed in a way to come straight down if they ever had to give. And I understand that it's water was cut off. Plus damage from the debris. All which I'm sure had to do with it coming down like it did.

The videos of building 7 coming down look like a demo and I don't think it's complete lunacy for someone to look at it and come away thinking that it's what happened.

The way it's presented by the conspiracy theorists is convincing enough that its probably one of the more widely believed conspiracies out there. Thats how they get ya.

Lack of water and the fire being allowed to continue was the primary reason for the collapse according to the report.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe that the military/contractors are conspiring together to steal money from the United states population via their black projects with no accountability or oversight in the United States.
Seems likely. I remember that story of the company that shipped parts to the US military and they have some sort of automated billing process. They were charging them like $75k for a bolt and stuff until someone noticed. I imagine that sort of waste goes on a lot but at the PMC scale it's probably just ridiculous.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think this is a comprehension problem. You are using the term conspiracy here where the correct term is conspiracy theory.

A conspiracy is an agreement between two or more people to commit a crime or do something else illicit. In this case, usually conceal embarrassing or incriminating facts (Watergate), sometimes manufacture a false reality (the original US account of the Gulf of Tonkin incident).

A conspiracy theory, on the other hand, is an account which alleges a conspiracy. Various conspiracy theories surround the sudden deaths of major figures (John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Princess Diana), major political events such as 9/11 and the Roswell UFO reports, and even secret locations (Area 51, the HAARP project in Alaska). A conspiracy theory doesn't necessarily imply the existence of a conspiracy.

Yup. Spot on. Someone else mentioned this. I wasn't clear.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
No. I jump to conspiracy because there is conspiracy surrounding it that I have heard about and read about over the years. Simple as that.

I find the conspiracy interesting. Leave it at that.

Conspiracy is nonsense though.

The 9/11 conspiracies started out with all kinds of theories about controlled demolitions.
This "theory" was based on several flawed and unscientific assertions, like for example that jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel. Which is true, but steel doesn't need to melt to lose its integrity to a point where the building would collapse. Several static simulations of all the buildings showed that the collapses due to fire and crash damage are what caused the collapse of the buildings.

The conspiracy theory basically worked because it relied on layman readers who are convinced by flawed inconclusive arguments like the "jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams" which has reached meme-status by now.
There is a reason why conspiracy theories rarely make a splash in the scientific world, they fall apart immediately unless they reach a clueless audience.

Another example is the whole "nano-thermite" story surrounding 9/11.
If a building is blown up, you can find remains of the explosives that were used all over the rubble.
On 9/11 rubble there were no remains of explosives, so to keep the conspiracy theory alive something needed to be done.
So someone found an analysis of the rubble where nano-thermite components had been found => conspiracy theorists saw this as further proof of a controlled demolition.

Once again this show why unscientific and biased approaches are so shit.
The nano-thermite components found in the rubble where remains of the anti-rust coating used in the buildings. Neither nano-thermite, nor the component of it found in the rubble can be used to blow up buildings. Its not an explosive, its just sounds like one and thats was enough to make it into this conspiracy theory.

What all conspiracy theories have in common is an extreme mistrust against intellectual authority.
Whether its 9/11, chemtrails or climate-change hoax, you are quickly at a point where you have to disregard major part of academia as unreliable or even label them part of the conspiracy to uphold the theories integrity.

Climate change deniers don't have science to cite, because there hasn't been any credible science backing up their position in almost a decade.
So while fossil fuel corporations invested a lot in actual climate science back in the 70s and 80s and even into the 90s, at some point they realized that the science is conclusive and man made climate change is real. So they changed their approach and instead of trying to make a scientific argument they now try spread doubt. (Exxon Mobil is actually currently on trial for withholding their own findings and lying to the public about man made climate change. One of the reasons why climate change denial started to take different form:
-Climate change is not real.
-Climate change is real, but not man made.
-Climate change is real and man made, but the negative effects won't be as bad as the effects of action against climate change would be.

You can actually see the same talking heads of the lobby groups and think tanks by fossil fuel corporations making these arguments at different times.
Example: Lets say you are a representative of the Heritage Foundation and its your job to convince voters that climate change is not a big deal in order to block policy combating it.
-If you go on CBN you can make the point that climate change is not real at all.
-If you go on Fox News you can make the claim that the climate is changing, but the human factor is unknown and probably very small.
-If you go on CNN neither of these two approaches will fly, so you can argue that man made climate change might be real, but instead of implementing regulations we should rather focus on not harming the economy, which is a much more immediate and relatable negative effect.

All three positions are wrong and impossible to hold up against academic scrutiny, which is why you see them on TV and not in academia.
But its not about being right. Its just about appearing on TV offering an alternative take to the one offered by whatever climate scientist they invited onto the panel. And then you count on the scientific incompetence of the viewer, basically hoping that they will be left unsure about what think, even though one side is proven and scientifically sound and and the other side is unscientific nonsense some PR people made up because they were hired by fossil fuel corporations to protect their revenues by killing possible regulations.
This works especially well when people have preexisting biases against intellectual authority, which is widespread in rural America.

There was a time when I was fascinated by conspiracy theories, but in recent years I have grown increasingly annoyed by them:
-They are no longer a fringe part of the internet, but have become mainstream.
-They stand emblematic for a growing anti-intellectualism in western society, they thrive on peoples stupidity.
-They have reached a point where they actually do harm.
-They are actually boring once you take a proper look and realize how flawed they are. They only really work as long as you are completely clueless about the topic they are about.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Not really anything but I do have some headcanon ones that are fun to think about.

This ain't the gaming side but Kojima knew at some point well in advance that Silent Hills would never actually be released and he would leave Konami (or be fired) and at least partly just used it as an excuse to lay down groundwork for Death Stranding. I also think he was in some low key contact with Sony way before he officially got fired. The announcement of Death Stranding was ridicilously soon after the announcement of their partnership and the connection between SH and DS is there, not just Del Toro and Reedus but the horror elements and surrealism.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
The mysterious suicide of Jacintha Saldanha.

The conspiracy states that this woman, who had no prior history of mental illness, was a generally happy mother of two who simply fell for a dumb prank, didn't actually take her own life but was killed by the British secret service for the embarrassment this prank inflicted on the Royals.

I won't say that I believe it anymore, but the circumstances of this whole account are just so friggin' suspicious.

Also, Princess Diana's death.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Lack of water and the fire being allowed to continue was the primary reason for the collapse according to the report.
I dont doubt that. The whole thing was suspicious to me but I haven't even talked about this stuff for a long time. I've seen enough evidence for the building legitimately coming down on it's own to accept that it's what happened.

But I for a time did believe that something nefarious was happening behind the scenes. The news reporting that someone found one of the hijackers passports in the streets after the planes hit meanwhile the planes themselves basically vaporized. Building 7 "looking" like a demo. The conspiracy theory got it's hooks in me back in like 2004 - 2005. So I get where some people are coming from. Which is why I really appreciate those who take the time to write up good responses with solid evidence and ask good questions about peoples theories. Instead of just calling then nutjobs. But hey thats just me.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Seems likely. I remember that story of the company that shipped parts to the US military and they have some sort of automated billing process. They were charging them like $75k for a bolt and stuff until someone noticed. I imagine that sort of waste goes on a lot but at the PMC scale it's probably just ridiculous.

I mean that's the way the game is played. I'm trying to apply my vfx skillset to get some of that money.

From what I hear, from someone who dabbles in skunkworks projects. They(gov) simply over pay for work. To hit deadlines. Also, they don't care about failure. Just sucess. That's about all I could get out of them. But theyre literally a millionaire..they get whatever they ask for. No bid is unrealistic.

But that's a conspiracy that is likely true. Whether or not they know about aliens or not, who cares. That stuff would be all compartmentalized anyway. But the money waste is insane. No one says peep. Yet blames Mexicans for the state of our economy.

I just want to get my beak wet. Fuck morals. I'll worry about those when I retire.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Is the "HIV doesn't cause AIDS" nonsense still a thing?

I'd actually be stunned if it had largely died out, especially since the virulent spread of Flat Eartherism had demonstrated that nothing is too stupid to get signal boosted by social media.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Conspiracy is nonsense though.

The 9/11 conspiracies started out with all kinds of theories about controlled demolitions.
This "theory" was based on several flawed and unscientific assertions, like for example that jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel. Which is true, but steel doesn't need to melt to lose its integrity to a point where the building would collapse. Several static simulations of all the buildings showed that the collapses due to fire and crash damage are what caused the collapse of the buildings.

The conspiracy theory basically worked because it relied on layman readers who are convinced by flawed inconclusive arguments like the "jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams" which has reached meme-status by now.
There is a reason why conspiracy theories rarely make a splash in the scientific world, they fall apart immediately unless they reach a clueless audience.

Another example is the whole "nano-thermite" story surrounding 9/11.
If a building is blown up, you can find remains of the explosives that were used all over the rubble.
On 9/11 rubble there were no remains of explosives, so to keep the conspiracy theory alive something needed to be done.
So someone found an analysis of the rubble where nano-thermite components had been found => conspiracy theorists saw this as further proof of a controlled demolition.

Once again this show why unscientific and biased approaches are so shit.
The nano-thermite components found in the rubble where remains of the anti-rust coating used in the buildings. Neither nano-thermite, nor the component of it found in the rubble can be used to blow up buildings. Its not an explosive, its just sounds like one and thats was enough to make it into this conspiracy theory.

What all conspiracy theories have in common is an extreme mistrust against intellectual authority.
Whether its 9/11, chemtrails or climate-change hoax, you are quickly at a point where you have to disregard major part of academia as unreliable or even label them part of the conspiracy to uphold the theories integrity.

Climate change deniers don't have science to cite, because there hasn't been any credible science backing up their position in almost a decade.
So while fossil fuel corporations invested a lot in actual climate science back in the 70s and 80s and even into the 90s, at some point they realized that the science is conclusive and man made climate change is real. So they changed their approach and instead of trying to make a scientific argument they now try spread doubt. (Exxon Mobil is actually currently on trial for withholding their own findings and lying to the public about man made climate change. One of the reasons why climate change denial started to take different form:
-Climate change is not real.
-Climate change is real, but not man made.
-Climate change is real and man made, but the negative effects won't be as bad as the effects of action against climate change would be.

You can actually see the same talking heads of the lobby groups and think tanks by fossil fuel corporations making these arguments at different times.
Example: Lets say you are a representative of the Heritage Foundation and its your job to convince voters that climate change is not a big deal in order to block policy combating it.
-If you go on CBN you can make the point that climate change is not real at all.
-If you go on Fox News you can make the claim that the climate is changing, but the human factor is unknown and probably very small.
-If you go on CNN neither of these two approaches will fly, so you can argue that man made climate change might be real, but instead of implementing regulations we should rather focus on not harming the economy, which is a much more immediate and relatable negative effect.

All three positions are wrong and impossible to hold up against academic scrutiny, which is why you see them on TV and not in academia.
But its not about being right. Its just about appearing on TV offering an alternative take to the one offered by whatever climate scientist they invited onto the panel. And then you count on the scientific incompetence of the viewer, basically hoping that they will be left unsure about what think, even though one side is proven and scientifically sound and and the other side is unscientific nonsense some PR people made up because they were hired by fossil fuel corporations to protect their revenues by killing possible regulations.
This works especially well when people have preexisting biases against intellectual authority, which is widespread in rural America.

There was a time when I was fascinated by conspiracy theories, but in recent years I have grown increasingly annoyed by them:
-They are no longer a fringe part of the internet, but have become mainstream.
-They stand emblematic for a growing anti-intellectualism in western society, they thrive on peoples stupidity.
-They have reached a point where they actually do harm.
-They are actually boring once you take a proper look and realize how flawed they are. They only really work as long as you are completely clueless about the topic they are about.

Yup.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We live in odd times. The Internet allows billions of people to check information and sources in real time, yet conspiracy theories are on the rise as it's really easy to trick people with lies, misinterpretations, clickbaits. You need a little of bit of skills to distinguish reliable sources from total batshit insanity, and it's incredible how many people would believe in some absolute nonsense just because the headline says "this is what the media won't show you!".

And the worst part of all is that there are governments abusing of this. Let's disregard dictatorships or third world countries, let's go to the middle of Europe: Hungary. Government is spending insane amounts of money on making people believe migrants are coming to steal their jobs, their religion, their belongings and identity, and this is all a masterplan by George Soros who wants to destroy Hungary. This is the official news by the state media. In a supposedly democratic country a government can easily build their entire communication over a long series of obvious lies, and by repeating it a million times a day a lot of people will believe it. They shrug off all national and international criticism of this system by doubling down on it: those saying this is false are paid by Soros. There is no way to attack this argument basically, every fact can be turned around to fit the narrative. So what happens when your own government lies to you? When the official sources of information are actually wrong?

platakul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'd actually be stunned if it had largely died out, especially since the virulent spread of Flat Eartherism had demonstrated that nothing is too stupid to get signal boosted by social media.
I think it's fallen out of favor since AIDs has been so reduced in developed countries. Younger people don't seem to be aware of it even tho they all know that the earth so flat and jet fuel etc

Oct 26, 2017
One I sort of believe in today is the whole JFK assassination: never wanted to point fingers or believe random theories but official explanations have always seemed a bit odd and incomplete to me at best. Not sure if it even fits my own criteria really as that one is widely discussed to this day.

-- JFK assassination was definitely more complicated than Oswald-was-a-lone-actor.

I think that JFK was accidentally killed by one of his Secret Service agents in the chaos. Oswald got the first shot in his throat and the agent accidentally got the one in his head.

Yup, this is the one I believe.

Whats is the basis for this belief?

What contradicts the official explanation?

SM0KE

Oct 27, 2017
the 9/11 conspiracy that def sounds legit is that the air around ground zero was not clean or safe to breathe during the aftermath and that the gov't covered up how dangerous it was

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Secret service protocol..agents should have been riding on jfks car. That's why there are handles.

The cia has been on record hiring mafia to topple leaders.(cuba and others)

Jfk got a bunch of good men killed over the bay of pigs.

The security the day jfk was shot, was abnormal for a president driving in a convertible. They were supposed to have snipers checking all of the windows of the area. Shooting at any open window which per security, would have been closed during the sweep.

As the cia acts seemingly independently, jfk vs the cia is a great example of this... well. I could see it. As far as the jfk thing. What's do different about a leader of the USA vs the leader of Cuba? They're just people. Jfk was taken by surprise, finding out what the cia plans were. This means that presidents aren't always in the know. It could have gone the other way and cuba would be a close ally.

Also, jfk waned to stop the military industrial complex. This one sort of writes itself.

I don't buy the official shit. When they are just people covering their asses. Like the people that lied about wmds to invade a country.

It's their fault for fucking other nations up with assassination. Why should I belive them? When they have a literal track record?

I believe our government is dirty. And the record proves , they are. I accept it for the time being. But I'm not going to pretend that the usa is above assassinating a political figure.

The shooter was killed by a cia agent iirc. Or fbi... randomly. While in custody? Can't remember that part.

Oswald was a possible double agent. Only had gunpowder on the palm of his hand. Not the signature of firing a rifle. Just a lot of questions that unclassified documents could clear up.

Yet.

They're all redacted.

Last edited:

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh a weird one is how egyptologists say they found the tomb of Osiris close to the sphinx and great pyramid, which is strangely buried deep if you go down vertical shafts into a succession of chambers. They say they found a room with columns, inscriptions, and sculptures of demons, and a coffin. The place was flooded with water and was only discovered a few years ago.

If you search on the net, you'll find almost no information about it at all. One BBC article, one article by the lead guy in charge of all digs in Egypt, no description of the inscriptions themselves, and no photos except one of the shafts.

I wish this thread wasn't full of 9/11 nonsense so we can hear more fun conspiracy theories like this

And this, my favorite conspiracy theory:
I think Stevie Wonder is not blind.

901RV35.jpg

1gREq0N.gif

OP
OP

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A lone gunman "randomly" kills the president, then gets shot, then two other Kennedies get shot. The first incident's initial reports presented a lot of holes, so much that a second report was necessary. The uncovering of the classified files is constantly being delayed, including a last minute classification of some of the info when things were finally revealed. I'm not going to act like I know what happened, I just find the whole situation rather unusual and full of odd coincidences at best. Not claiming there were multiple shooters or anything, but I am fairly convinced there's some important details we don't know yet.

Mase Gumble

Oct 27, 2017
I saw a video on YouTube that said the real Gucci Mane died in prison and The current Gucci is Michael Jackson in disguise.

I believe that 100%,

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017

Unfortunately yes. It's actually one of the more harmful conspiracy theories along with anti-vaxxer BS because it leads to so many people dead.
Since the 2000's HIV aids denialism has killed hundreds of thousands of people, most in South Africa where the idiot president at the time promoted the theories.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
My foster granpa, who is in his 80s now and spent some time on the british airforce, once told me that there was a running conspiracy within the airforce that it was actually the British who built and piloted planes in the style of Japanese planes and bombed Pearl Harbour because they were getting desperate in wanting America to enter WW2.

I always felt like it was plausible.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy how strangely prolific JFK truthers are.

Case Closed: Lee Harvey Oswald and the Assassination of JFK is a good book about the assassination.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None buy I enjoy listening/watching/reading about some of them like Area 51 and Ancient Aliens. People who actually believe stuff like 9/11, Sandy Hook or the moon landing were faked are total morons imo.

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Say what? If Stalin was days away from launching an invasion you don't think the Red Army would have been better prepared to face the Nazis rather than basically getting absolutely smashed for several months, losing entire armies in maybe encirclements and surviving only because Germany couldn't get their supplies lines to keep up with their forces.

On another topic, I remember when claiming you believed in 9/11 conspiracy theories was immediate grounds to be dismissed as a nutjob and possibly a banning. Now it's just another conspiracy theory people believe in like the moon landing and JFK.
The basic idea was that Stalin's goal in appeasing Hitler was to have him fight and defeat France (or the other way around) so the Soviet revolution could continue by steamrolling the rest of a 'weakened' Europe.

According to the theory the reason the Soviets lost so much during the first several months was because they had abandoned their defensive positions are were in fact mobilizing for an invasion themselves.
(for example, this is why pretty much the entire air force was neatly parked on airfields in close proximity to the border of occupied Poland as opposed to hidden in hangars) and the soviet forces were equipped mostly with offensive not defensive weaponry.
According to various sources (which are hard to confirm at this point) Soviet troops carried simple dictionaries with them with German phrases commonly used for an occupation.

The basic theory is that the Russians were say a couple months away from fully mobilizing and launching their attack and the Germans learned of these plans and struck first.
The Wehrmacht was ill prepared for a fight of this magnitude (as it was equipped for short decisive campaigns not prolonged warfare) and it didn't make much sense to attack when they did.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ones that I believe that I guess aren't technically proven would be the following:

1) First off, I have stated this in previous posts, but I am fairly convinced based on numerous pieces of evidence that Carter Page is not some pro-Russia stooge but actually a Double Agent working for US Intelligence and I think that the whole reason that the US IC started investigating Trump/Russia in July 2016 is because that's when the Trump campaign took Page's offer to send Page to Russia to make a deal with Russia which basically was the US IC's way of knowing they needed to start being wary about the Trump campaign.

2) I think that people like Glenn Greenwald, Kyle Kulinski, Michael Tracey, Jimmy Dore, Jordan Chariton, etc. are not simply misguided Progressives but Alt-right assholes who knowingly lie when they claim to be progressive because they want Trump to stay in power and they know that the best way to help him stay in power is to be fake Progressives deliberately keeping real Progressives from fully unifying.
Jimmy Dore is just a dumb guy. Same with Tim Black. They're too stupid to be involved in a conspiracy.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
I've long held the belief that Jack Thompson works for Rockstar, because here's this dude who's like a strawman caricature of the people who wanted to ban Night Trap, being all "hey kids I'm some puritanical ancient fuck and I think Manhunt and Grand Theft Auto are dangerous and for only the baddest boys and I hate and fear those games" and weirdly whenever other companies release controversial video games, he's nowhere to be seen. Oh, except when someone was kicking up a fuss about Mass Effect's sex scenes and he arrived to assure everyone that this is actually fine and nothing to get riled up about and it's those guys at Rockstar who are the real outlaws, with their gun violence and whatnot. That's a pretty weird move for an American conservative.

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

nintchdbpict000331466766.jpg

That building wasn't hit by a plane.

WTC 1, 2, and 7 did not fall straight down into their own footprint, but they didn't cartoon fall over sideways either.. Please look up the math that would require a building to fall significantly sideways. The reason buildings fall down in demolitions is not because of the explosives directly, but from gravity pulling them down after being weakened. We have actual photos of one of the WTC towers tilting at the top, but the fall rate was going to outpace the tilt rate because of physics:

SYDP86T.png

ps most demolitions don't successfully fall exactly into their own footprint, either. A building too close to other buildings has to be manually deconstructed floor by floor because since gravity is doing the work, you ultimately can't entirely control it.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
That building wasn't hit by a plane.

WTC 1, 2, and 7 did not fall straight down into their own footprint, but they didn't cartoon fall over sideways either.. Please look up the math that would require a building to fall significantly sideways. The reason buildings fall down in demolitions is not because of the explosives directly, but from gravity pulling them down after being weakened. We have actual photos of one of the WTC towers tilting at the top, but the fall rate was going to outpace the tilt rate because of physics:

SYDP86T.png
I was only talking about 7 (which wasn't hit by a plane) because fire is the reason given for its collapse. Anyways. I'm not saying 1 and 2 were brought down by a demolition. I'm trying to explain why someone might think they "pulled the plug" on 7 and why so many people buy into the demolition theory.

Last edited:

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I used to be interested in some things like the some assassinations.

But lately, conspiracy theories mostly just upset me. Flat Earth/Climate Change isn't happening/Sandy Hook was fake/Boston Marathon was faked/etc.

It's all too much.

Deleted member 20941

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm always amazed by how the 9/11 conspiracy documentaries never take in to account the complete lack of explosion sounds in any of the many videos of the collapse. If it was a controlled demolition you would hear a multitude of rapid explosions during the collapse in all of them.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always amazed by how the 9/11 conspiracy documentaries never take in to account the complete lack of explosion sounds in any of the many videos of the collapse. If it was a controlled demolition you would hear a multitude of rapid explosions during the collapse in all of them.

which, btw, is covered in the NIST reports

I think if truthers actually read the 9/11 commission report and the NIST reports rather than out of context excerpts that show up in conspiracy docs it would go a long way to ending this crap

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, this might be a huge stretch but does someone remember Iph from the old boards? Got into some short contact with her back then and she wrote some pretty dark stuff. Her threads got real strange and would get locked because they were alluding to some really shady things, and then she was banned. Googling around made it even weirder. Never felt comfortable with the whole situation. I don't want to write about what i was told but to this day I still think back to it with some slight shuddering.

Bromancer

Oct 30, 2017
The Wehrmacht was ill prepared for a fight of this magnitude (as it was equipped for short decisive campaigns not prolonged warfare) and it didn't make much sense to attack when they did.

I think it's universally accepted that the only better moment for the Nazis to strike would have been sooner. They were in a hurry to declare war because the Red Army was in poor shape in 1941: too poor to counter a German attack, let alone invade Germany. And Germany got very close to a complete victory that first year, it was definitely a realistic scenario even in hindsight. So this theory vastly overestimates Soviet power at that point. If an invasion AFTER Hitler took France was indeed his plan, Stalin would have been truly mad - and he arguably was!

But if this is a conspiracy theory, whose conspiracy is it? Who is covering it up? This story basically sounds like "Russia stronk, had some bad luck, but the taking of Eastern Europe was great Stalin's great keikaku from the start, and by the way, we always would've declared on the Nazis to save Europe, but Hitler beat us to it!"

So I don't think modern Russian nationalists (Putin included) would try to cover that up. There's really no point.

I've long held the belief that Jack Thompson works for Rockstar, because here's this dude who's like a strawman caricature of the people who wanted to ban Night Trap, being all "hey kids I'm some puritanical ancient fuck and I think Manhunt and Grand Theft Auto are dangerous and for only the baddest boys and I hate and fear those games" and weirdly whenever other companies release controversial video games, he's nowhere to be seen. Oh, except when someone was kicking up a fuss about Mass Effect's sex scenes and he arrived to assure everyone that this is actually fine and nothing to get riled up about and it's those guys at Rockstar who are the real outlaws, with their gun violence and whatnot. That's a pretty weird move for an American conservative.

Ooh, that's actually a really good one. It's still easy to believe he was genuine, and he probably was, but it would make a lot of sense if he was doing this at Rockstar's request.