The savagery of male characters that goes unremarked upon by the show
  • Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
    There are soo many men doing fucked up shit who aren't redeemed though. Tyrion got murdered on the toilet. Walder Frey got his sons fed to him. Littlefingers redemption was rather shortlived.

All the male protagonists' crimes are whitewashed or forgotten on the show.

Tormund, the person who led raids on Northern villages, killing men, women, and children? Jon's bro.

Jon, who executed a ten-year-old boy because he was complicit in his assassination? dAnY yOu CAn'T kiLL cHiLdREn. (A line of thought that should by all rights be coming from her mouth, because prior to King's Landing, it was completely out of Daenerys' character to ever harm innocent children. That's what she crucified the slavemasters for.)

Tyrion, who obliterated Davos' fleet — and son — with wildfire? naw we're bros, all's cool 'n love 'n war. Tyrion, who's committed various crimes including murder? well gee guys, I thought about it off-screen between S4 and S5 and realized I was wrong.

Bronn, who literally just threatened to murder Tyrion and Jaime, gets Highgarden and the Master of Coin title (despite being illiterate and not knowing math).

The Hound, who chopped a little boy in half in S1: all good yo, cleganebowwwwwwl.

Prior to King's Landing, Daenerys' cruelties were comparatively mild, done to evil people. People often bring up the execution of the Tarlys, but they had betrayed their liegelord and ensured her death, siding with the actual Mad Queen — Cersei — who had zero claim to the throne. Then Randyll Tarly and his son denied two chances at living: by kneeling, or by taking the black (something you can't actually decline, as seen in S2, but I digress). In-universe, Daenerys was extraordinarily generous to offer clemency at all, considering their crimes are what houses have been eradicated or attainted for.

But yeah, what a bitch, she was ~totally always insane~.