• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
Starcraft Ghost

I played it at the first Blizzcon and it was great, wish it didn't get canned

Ash_Greytree

Oct 31, 2023
I still miss Marvel Heroes a lot
Definitely wish I could play Marvel Heroes. I played it for a bit as Nova and that was a blast. Never got to the end of the campaign though but it was a fun time. I think this was about a few months before they had announced that the game was shutting down, as well.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
WoW Classic - but with everyone playing it for the first time and with all the acccumulated game knowledge erased.

That's a good one! Crazy times, played it for a good while a week or so into the release in Germany and it was something seriously special.

Warhammer Online, I really liked it.

Man did I love messing around in this game. Capturing fortresses was so cool. Too bad it died

I also have a few that are more about experiencing it again than actually playing them, as most of the games can still be played

• playing games with my best friend back in school on his glorious 386, which was a beast of a machine back then. He died way to early and I still think of him and our time gaming together all the time
  • Lan parties with my friends in the 90s, Half Life, Unreal, Quake... oh my
  • The Monkey Island remasters on my iPad. They were perfect and I want them back!!!

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
both games in this series were so good, i do wish it had been better recognised. I feel like it HAD to have been on the moodboard somewhere for the style and design of The Finals

I'm glad there are at least a few MNC fans still out there.

I guess we can still technically play PGR3/4 and even Monday Night Combat on the 360 can't we? Would just be case of gathering enough people 🤔
There's a group that still plays Monday Night Combat on Steam, with full scrims every-other Saturday

It's mostly active on Discord. If you join chat on the steam group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/HotshotsForever you can probably get a Discord invite from someone

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
50680.jpg

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
Lineage 2 retail before it went free to play and got completely ruined. Or Wildstar, I played as long as I could until they shut it down.

Switters

Oct 28, 2017
I wish Battleborn was still able to be played, I really liked it and thought it was better than Overwatch gameplay wise.

BROTHER! This was my first thought when I saw the title. So much potential. It was unique, perhaps too unique for the unwashed masses, but I still got about 60 hrs just playing the campaign across several of the characters.

Maannnn...

Masa

Dec 26, 2020
Super Mario Bros. 35, the only battle royale game I have ever been addicted to. Played it daily for 6 months and years later I still miss the game. Sucks that you can't even play it offline because I really loved the physics/mechanics of SMB35.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
NFL 2K5
NCAA Football '14
NBA Street Vol 2

I know there's emulators and PC mods to get them working and stuff, but like, I wish they just worked on modern hardware in an easy, boot up and play way with 100% feature parity to when they launched (e.g., online dynasty in the NCAA series... some of my fondest videogame memories are playing the NCAA Football series with my best friend in an online dynasty 15 seasons into the future. I remember playing '14 with my buddy, and we were in the 2023 or 2024 seasons in the game thinking "Jesus, in real life we'll be 40 in 2024..." and thinking how far off that is, and well, here it is, an me and him are anxiously awaiting the new College Football '25 game set to laiunch this summer).

I'd love another 1vs100, was really fun

Elementje

Dec 26, 2017
Global Operations was actually a great team based multiplayer shooter. I really liked how the map were made in different stages that you could advance by doing the objective.
Firefall beta was fun too. Too bad they ruined the release version of the game.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
gunbound when it released

Ragnarok online with the original WOE

I miss so much that time :(

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Evolve stage 2 was a lot of fun.

Assassin Creed multiplayer was SO GOOD. Kinda surprised after all those iterations that it never turned into anything for the franchise and just petered out. Considering it was a full separate launcher it needed to be its own platform or something.

I dunno if there's an appetite for it these days but some kind of greatest hits with maps/characters from all the previous versions would be really cool. Heck there's a lot of cosmetic stuff you could shove in there if you wanted to.

I just wanna sneak around in plain sight 😭

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
BROTHER! This was my first thought when I saw the title. So much potential. It was unique, perhaps too unique for the unwashed masses, but I still got about 60 hrs just playing the campaign across several of the characters.

Maannnn...
You can actually still play the story mode (if you have it on pc)
Just google battleborn project reborn.
So far only story mode works but mp is on the way.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
Survival Crisis Z

Old indie, open map zombie survival gorefest.

Really fucking dope but it's kinda jank to get working on modern computers. If I could get it on my Steam Deck, oh man.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Splinter Cell Spies Vs Mercs, but specifically and only the original Pandora Tomorrow version.

Destiny circa The Taken King

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely wish I could play Marvel Heroes. I played it for a bit as Nova and that was a blast. Never got to the end of the campaign though but it was a fun time. I think this was about a few months before they had announced that the game was shutting down, as well.
It was fantastic and they released new characters and events so frequently that there was always something to look forward to. Still wish we would have gotten Jubilee before it all went down though

Oct 28, 2017
Early Xbox Live games such as Mech Assault and Moto GP with the original community. Everyone used their mics and were really nice, at least in the UK.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
this has been my wish for every Mar10 day since it was discontinued
Super Mario Bros. 35, the only battle royale game I have ever been addicted to. Played it daily for 6 months and years later I still miss the game. Sucks that you can't even play it offline because I really loved the physics/mechanics of SMB35.
Maybe we'll get Super Mario Bros. 40 for the 40th anniversary. lol

Dead game: Fat Princess
Man... Fat Princess was so fun.

Coulis

Oct 30, 2017
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, all the good old HL 1 mods : firearms, zombie panic, science & industry, day of defeat and so on...

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
gears of war trilogy and halo MCC.

The latter is just discord stacks teams dominating across several playlists.