• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Please, Nintendo, bring back Dragalia Lost :(

(I'd also kill to be back playing the beta version of R.O.S.E. Online with all the busted rare item drop rates. That shit was so much fun.)

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I miss Rolemaster: Magestorm dearly :(

In fact i miss all those mid-late 90's AOL subscription games i can't remember the name of the service but they had a aliens online game, godzilla online, starship troopers online etc.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I guess we can still technically play PGR3/4 and even Monday Night Combat on the 360 can't we? Would just be case of gathering enough people 🤔

I remember Era having a MNC Xbox play session at one point. Sadly I missed it, but maybe someone can do another one?

There's a group that still plays Monday Night Combat on Steam, with full scrims every-other Saturday

It's mostly active on Discord. If you join chat on the steam group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/HotshotsForever you can probably get a Discord invite from someone

Never knew about this. I'll try to join in on this. Thanks.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
How are we at four pages and no one has said Star Wars Galaxies?

Yeah, yeah emulated servers, but still…

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
Easily Guild Wars 1. It was a huge part of my childhood and I played it on and off through university. Guild Wars 2 was a big disappointment for me. I would absolutely love a remake of GW1 but I doubt it would ever happen. I think the game is still somewhat alive and playable (haven't checked in in years), but nothing can really replicate how awesome it was when the outposts were all full, and there were a ton of active Guilds etc.

Although it doesn't quite fit the dead game criteria, I'm going to throw an honorable mention to Warzone before they made it worse with basically ever patch until it became whatever mess it is now. Those early days during the pandemic were unforgettable, the game was much simpler and to the point and just a blast to play with friends.

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
Probably Rusty Hearts. An MMO spliced with a side scrolling brawler was a hell of a time.

I also concur with those wanting Marvel Heroes, that was also great.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Guitar Hero Live

The Live portions are still playable as far as I know, but the GHTV was revolutionary and it was murdered. A tragedy.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
There's a group that still plays Monday Night Combat on Steam, with full scrims every-other Saturday

It's mostly active on Discord. If you join chat on the steam group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/HotshotsForever you can probably get a Discord invite from someone

This is definitely of interest to me! Thanks.

I remember Era having a MNC Xbox play session at one point. Sadly I missed it, but maybe someone can do another one?

This was actually a thread idea I had a while back of trying to organise monthly events to get old games up and running again (mainly so I could play PGR) because (and someone can correct me if I am wrong) the infrustucture for PS3/360 era games is still there and we just need people playing the game at the same time.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I loved Uncharted 2's multiplayer. Felt so tacked on and simple, just the raw essentials. Was really excited for Uncharted 3's, played it for maybe a dozen hours and bounced off.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to say Dragon Quest IX for the DQVC stuff, but apparently there's a community server or something that still lets you do all that? I should check it out. I loved that part of the game back when it was still newish.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
This was actually a thread idea I had a while back of trying to organise monthly events to get old games up and running again (mainly so I could play PGR) because (and someone can correct me if I am wrong) the infrustucture for PS3/360 era games is still there and we just need people playing the game at the same time.

If you decide to get some events going, I'd be down. I have MNC on both Xbox and Steam so I can play it on either. And it would be cool to go back to some old 360 games that are still up.

I also meant to organize a Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2 Era event before the servers shut down, but I forgot :(

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
If you decide to get some events going, I'd be down. I have MNC on both Xbox and Steam so I can play it on either. And it would be cool to go back to some old 360 games that are still up.

I also meant to organize a Battlefield Bad Company 1 & 2 Era event before the servers shut down, but I forgot :(

Yeah, I'd need to put more thought in to it but the loose idea was choose a game for the month and then set a time like 8pm Sundays for that month (figure thats the quietest day for folks) and the idea is you jump on at 8pm in your timezone and there should be people on, you can then also adjust for other timezones to try and join those folks. I dunno, just spitballing here 😆

Ade

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 & 2 with official support.

It's cool that there's fan servers but I feel wary about trusting them — and they seem to have really clique-ish communities that I think don't reflect my memory of the original on GCN/Xbox.

Been on one of the bigger fan servers for 2 years now. No clique or weirdness fwiw.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
MAG. Battlefield is somewhat similar, but just different enough that it can't replace it. The second-to-second gameplay is pretty similar, but MAG had neat faction stuff and progressive rounds. I miss it :(

Starcraft Ghost

I played it at the first Blizzcon and it was great, wish it didn't get canned

A build of that is floating around, though it may be a bit tricky to get it to work.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I got Chromehounds shortly before its shutdown was announced, thinking I'd be able to at least play it for a while before that happened. I barely got any time with it, because exams happened around then and I was super busy. The way people talk about it sounds amazing though, somehow even more so in context of modern online games.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
I was into Destiny of Spirits for PS Vita for a while. Sadly they nuked the servers all too quickly.

View: https://youtu.be/YXBDdVwHTrI?si=YWwDLI_DqFnDiWER

It had this thing where you get monsters based on your location, so you could probably pick up some unique ones if you traveled abroad a lot. I guess they mean for you to bring your Vita all over the world, but the nature of the Vita not being that popular kinda put a stop to that.

That game was aweome, i spent some nights playing.

DeepBlueDay

Jan 10, 2020
Reminder for fans of BF:Bad Company 2 that you can still play it online, on pc anyway.
Just google Project Rome.
I played some matches during the last few evenings and it's still as fun, good looking and fantastic sounding like we all remember it.
It's ( still ) a piece of art really.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Starcraft Ghost

I played it at the first Blizzcon and it was great, wish it didn't get canned

Played this at E3 way back when and I loved it. Played a build of it on a modded Xbox like...2 months ago and it's so, so much rougher than I remember. Neat time capsule though.

Folks who are saying PSO...Ephinea is amazing if you want to play Blue Burst and you can link up most (maybe all) console versions to private servers if you wish. It's not official support of course, but you can get the online part of PSO up and running without a ton of hassle.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
1 vs 100. I don't think I've ever played an online trivia game like it and I still have fond memories of having people over randomly to play it.

Kingy

Feb 3, 2019
For many years I would have said Star Wars Galaxies, but there are a good few unofficial servers out there now, with healthy communities.

I never got the chance to try Wildstar, wish I did given all the mentions here, is there no unofficial server for it?

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Rumbleverse. Dunno how that game died so fast, it was unique and fun af
Crappy online and even cosmetics tbh. Rolling and being 20 feet away to teleport into someone's arms was a normal occurrence. I know they eventually nerfed it but the standing still to heal ability I know my friends dropped it because of how strong it was. I don't know what they ever did about the character models but having very skinny not loud skins was a significant advantage.

I think the game got figured out too quick and they couldn't respond in time.
-----------------------------
I miss Knockout City, another game that could've had better online but eventually dwindled into nothingness just from lack of interest. They unfortunately burned their last bridge when they went to Epics online services and people needed a new account to keep playing.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
f8d0a2c2899386cb24833f5e4be581f3688d5d2f115573aab09f330c80387ae4.jpg

Please bring back Super Mario Bros. 35! I was so damn addicted to this game. There was really nothing else like you and one other psychopath duking it out for several minutes after the other 33 players were KO'd while the enemy patterns get crazier and crazier as the timer gets tighter and tighter.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault multiplayer was my bread and butter back in college. Loved playing on round-based objective servers.