~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because GoW have drops unlike Horizon.
My Horizon Zero Dawn with DLC have max status/lvl and I can fight two Thunderjaw at once and even with intense battle the framerate don't drop. Probably some tricky or very well polish decima engine.
Unlike GoW 2018, some intense battles can make the framerate drop a little. Its more common when you put pommels with fire wave abilities. Ps4 slim by the way.

edit: thread was bumped.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
With the correct framerate pacing and a consistent framerate, with little to no dips, a 30fps game can be look / feel pretty smooth.

DriveClub is a great example of this, rock solid framerate with no dips, perfect framepacing, with well implemented motion blur and a good sense of speed, makes it feel really smooth. 30fps done right.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
30 FPS with consistent frame pacing is definitely better than 30 FPS with inconsistent frame pacing
I disagree, at least in most cases. The Evil Within 2 for example offers a locked and variable frame rate. I tried it with 30fps and prefers the unlocked fps any time. 30fps feel terrible.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider's controls and aim is godawful with 30fps. It gets significantly better even with 38fps so I prefer that any day.

I know that almost everyone is always advocating for the "consistent 30fps is better than variable frame rate" mindset. But 30fps are still 30fps and will always feel like that IF it's not the rare and awesome examples of Horizon, Uncharted and the like. In most other cases, I prefer higher but unstable fps in action games.

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
I disagree, at least in most cases. The Evil Within 2 for example offers a locked and variable frame rate. I tried it with 30fps and prefers the unlocked fps any time. 30fps feel terrible.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider's controls and aim is godawful with 30fps. It gets significantly better even with 38fps so I prefer that any day.

I know that almost everyone is always advocating for the "consistent 30fps is better than variable frame rate" mindset. But 30fps are still 30fps and will always feel like that IF it's not the rare and awesome examples of Horizon, Uncharted and the like. In most other cases, I prefer higher but unstable fps in action games.

I wasn't suggesting that a consistent 30 FPS is better than a variable 60 FPS. I was saying that a consistent 30 FPS is better than a variable 30 FPS.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017

Locked 30fps with consistent frame pacing is much better than an unlocked frame rate that just hovers between 35-50fps erratically.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
I know both are 30fps, and they both are third person action adventure games but playing, they don't feel the same.

I was doing a hunting trial in Horizon, the one where you have to tie down the glinthawks.
I was being attacked by 3 tramplers while targeting 3 glinthawks.
It was mayhem but the combat felt really good, fluid and responsive.

Then I jumped to uncharted. To chapter 2, right after Vargas takes drake outside the prison and you have to climb up to the tower on the prison.
It is slower paced, but just moving the camera to see the surroundings and where you have to jump and launch the rope felt so sluggish by comparison that I just don't know why.
I put 190hrs into HZD but damn this makes me want to do another playthrough